PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Demo for PSP Firmware V2.0

wraggster
November 24th, 2005, 07:00
Fanjita (http://www.fanjita.org/) has released his latest breakthrough for v2.0 Firmware PSPs, a WiFi demo
Heres the info:

“I'm pleased to announce that after a lot of hacking, I finally managed to get my first working wifi app running on v2.0 firmware, under the EBOOT loader.

It's very far from being neat and tidy (if you thought the original loader exploit was inelegant, you won't like this one), but it does work.

At the moment, the only thing that runs is a heavily-modified version of PSPPet's wifi sample application, but it's not a large step from here to being able to load generic wifi apps into the loader.

Attached is the zip containing the demo, and here's how to load it:

1. Extract all the files to the memory stick, starting at the top-level folder but preserving the directory structure.
2. set the LOADER2.PNG file as your PSP background (open it with the photo viewer, press triangle, select 'set as wallpaper')
3. fully turn-off your PSP. This step is important, the loading mechanism is currently very sensitive. Even if you do it perfectly it may take a few goes for it to work properly.
4. Turn on the PSP, go to the photo viewer, open the 'loader2' folder.
5. you'll see 2 thumbnails displayed, one is a black square, the other is a corrupted data icon. If you get this without your PSP freezing, then stage 1 of the loader is complete. (pictured above)
6. Now quit the photo viewer, and open up the web-browser. Let it finish loading up your home page.
7. Now, the moment of suspense. Hold LTrig+RTrig+SELECT for a few seconds. The screen should flicker, then load up the familiar EBOOT loader. Keep the buttons held down until the loader screen has appeared. It often freezes during the screen flickering stage. If it does freeze, then you have to hold the power button for 10 seconds, then try again from step 4.
8. If the loader came up successfully, then select the 'wifi multi-test .03' program, and run it in the usual way.
9. Select the mini-telnet program from the menu.
10. The screen shows your PSP's IP address. You can telnet to that address from any computer with a telnet client (e.g. on windows, start a command prompt (cmd.exe) and type 'telnet <ipaddr>').
11. Once connected, anything you type in the telnet client will show on the PSP screen.
12. To quit, you currently need to hold the power button for 10 seconds - the usual loader exit buttons aren't properly working yet.

I'll be incorporating this support into the v0.9 EBOOT Loader, with the 'wifi mode' being an alternative way of running the loader, rather than the main way (don't worry!).”

Download via comments:

MGFox
November 24th, 2005, 09:54
Fantastic news! I can hardly believe it :eek:

Excellent Work Fanjita, there is now nothing holding me back from upgrading :D

So...here I go...taking the plunge... :(

Cheers,
Fox

EDIT (1100 GMT) :- Well, it's done, I'm now on JP 2.00. I'm now playing GTA, which I purchased a while ago and never played :rolleyes:

crazy_biker420, thanks for the heads-up, I was already aware of the different Firmwares and their characteristics...but its still good to see people looking out for one another, thanks dude :cool:

crazy_biker420
November 24th, 2005, 10:39
dont goto v2.5 tho or you wont be able to go back

not here anymore
November 25th, 2005, 01:10
fanjita isn't supporting the 2.0 scene, he IS the 2.0 scene :D
Congratz!
Later,

TSR

motormaniac
November 26th, 2005, 21:33
does it work w/ 2.5

Cap'n 1time
November 27th, 2005, 00:32
does it work w/ 2.5
of course not. :mad:

bobcobb
November 28th, 2005, 23:28
Fanjita you are a god amongst men. If it were not for your valiant efforts the 2.0 scene would be nonexistant.