PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 2 Remake for Wii?

wraggster
August 28th, 2008, 22:37
Can it be true? Now that the Wii is confirmed as the new home of violent hardcore gaming is the time right for a remake of good old Resi 2?

Japanese fan board 2ch has popped up a rumor concerning a possible remake of Biohazard 2 (aka Resident Evil 2 - but you knew that, right?) that will be exclusive to the Wii.

If the rumor is correct — and when has a random post on a Japanese fan site ever been wrong? — then we will be treated to a full Wii-ified remake, with some additional story elements. There will be a new 'swordsman' enemy (sword waggling minigame, anyone?) and 'Resident Evil 4 Viewpoints', which could mean anything - possibly 3rd-person over-the-shoulder stuff?

Its more than likely just bobbins, but even the slightest hint of RE2 is better than no RE2 at all.

http://kotaku.com/5043185/resident-evil-2-remake-for-wii

jrsmaster411
August 28th, 2008, 23:53
The wii isn't the home for violent hardcore gaming, It's the home for ps1 and ps2 remakes, it's basically a non portable psp

KristenBaldousor
August 29th, 2008, 01:36
The wii isn't the home for violent hardcore gaming, It's the home for ps1 and ps2 remakes, it's basically a non portable psp

RE2 was also on the N64 and the GameCube

kevenz
August 30th, 2008, 01:49
these two were ps1 port :p

re2 remade with the re4 engine would be great, I would buy for sure.

WhizzBang
August 30th, 2008, 02:47
I am not sure that I would. The RE games have an increasing amount of stupid logic (e.g. push the block, move the statue, press the switch, etc, etc to get to the police weapons store) which was entirely dispensed with in RE 4, much to the better of the series.

kevenz
August 30th, 2008, 08:09
well of course the game would be different I guess by removing annoying things like that :P

R4mbo
August 30th, 2008, 19:21
That would be great!