PDA

View Full Version : Rumour - PSP 3000 Might Feature DualShock 3 Support

wraggster
August 28th, 2008, 22:52
A Best Buy tipster informed Max-Console that the upcoming PSP 3000 will feature support for the PS3s DualShock 3 controller. The tipster also noted that it will use 480i composite cables to play games on the TV instead of component 480p. Obviously, this is just a rumor—but it is definitely one I want to believe.

http://gizmodo.com/5043231/psp-3000-might-feature-dualshock-3-support

(also a word of advice, the site named has previously posted fake emulator news so take with a pinch of salt)

Buddy4point0
August 28th, 2008, 23:17
Yea, that would be a cool feature.

I'm glad Sony didn't steal the idea from the homebrew community like they do everything else.

</sarcastic>

wraggster
August 28th, 2008, 23:36
Sony steal, never :)

mike_jmg
August 29th, 2008, 01:13
that feature would be nice, but $ony would've already posted it if it was true

osgeld
August 29th, 2008, 01:22
so please enlighten me

what did sony steal hardware wise

tinman
August 29th, 2008, 01:44
So, bluetooth? Would be nice.

so please enlighten me

The comment wasn't aimed at hardware just ideas, but if you want, the TV-Out device for one.

Buddy4point0
August 29th, 2008, 02:17
so please enlighten me

Just ideas.

Dualshock via the homebrew community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDq2-jaEo0

There was also TV via homebrew before sony did it.

Just about every feature on the PSP that wasn't included with firmware 1.5, started from homebrew that sony copied.

jrsmaster411
August 29th, 2008, 03:26
oh yeah we all no sony execs just sit around browsing youtube for psp ideas. >.>

osgeld
August 29th, 2008, 05:11
Just ideas.

Dualshock via the homebrew community.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDq2-jaEo0

There was also TV via homebrew before sony did it.

Just about every feature on the PSP that wasn't included with firmware 1.5, started from homebrew that sony copied.

bleh tv output has been the "idea" since the cream and spinach gameboy

and most of the implemented features of late were already planned, i remember glancing at prototype psp's with google on the screen ... i hardly doubt you can claim stealing from already defined and widely used technology's

just because the home brew community did it first doesnt mean sony stole the idea of a computer device with a web browser, or a game console with a controller

acn010
August 29th, 2008, 06:14
I dont believe, dualshock3 support? that's bluetooth connectivity, I consider this false

PoorKingz
August 29th, 2008, 06:28
Wasn't it already announced that the 3k would have full analog video support?

iniquitous_beast
August 29th, 2008, 15:55
I dont believe, dualshock3 support? that's bluetooth connectivity, I consider this false

No bluetooth would be needed. Sony could just use the mini usb port that is on both the psp and the dualshock 3. The right software configuration and a connecting wire are all that would be necessary.

Veskgar
August 29th, 2008, 17:30
When I first read this quickly I thought it was something about the new PSP having vibration function. That would be cool but would take away from battery life and possibly cause UMD skipping.

But being able to connect a DUALSHOCK 3 to the PSP, even by a USB cable would be a decent feature. THe DualShock 3 controllers have great battery life and using that could save actual PSP battery life slightly.

I think part of the PSP's growth should be finding more and more ways to interact with the PS3.

dangee
August 29th, 2008, 17:34
if the 3000 manages to lock out homebrew for any significant length of time,
it'll need more than better outdoor playability (from the brite screen) and a mic in, to be a credible upgrade.

Perhaps Sony will roll out new features only after the security system is proved effective.