PDA

View Full Version : PSP Screen Replacement service (UK)

wraggster
November 25th, 2005, 02:03
PSP Tree (http://www.psptree.co.uk/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=store&affl=pspnews) sent me this news:

"PSPTree.co.uk announces new PSP Screen Replacement service in the UK for £85
inc VAT and delivery back to you.

PSP Screen replacement

If you are in the unfortunate position of having a broken PSP screen, send
it to us and we will replace it with a brand new Sharp TFT screen. Our
service will ensure that your PSP is fixed within 5 working days. If you
have broken your screen, it's not the end of the world. You don't need to
throw your PSP away! We can fix you up for much LESS than the factory
charges for screen replacement.

So if you have:

* Dead pixels
* Screen display problems
* Cracked LCD screen
* Colour issues

then send it to us for a screen replacement. All you have to do once you
place your order is to send your PSP to us and include your order number in
the parcel together with any special instructions.

Our price includes:

* Repair and despatch within 5 working days of receipt.
* Labour to install NEW LCD screen.
* Replacement TFT LCD screen
* 3 month repair guarantee (parts and labour)"

PSP Tree (http://www.psptree.co.uk/cgi-bin/ccp51/cp-app.cgi?rrc=N&pg=store&affl=pspnews) also let me know they have the following in stock:

WRC - PSP game
PSP Giga pack with 2 game bundle
PSP Giga pack on its own

Prices are high because of shortage in UK.

MaxSMoke
November 25th, 2005, 16:53
What factory charges over £85 for a screen replacement?? According to Google, the screen placement cost about $185 US. The Cost of a used PSP on Ebay averages around $180 US. Seems like people might want to just consider hitting up some PSP auctions.

PSP_Newbie
November 25th, 2005, 19:08
well, It's actually more like $145 US
its quite a bit, even though a psp lcd screen is about 80 or less $(US)

MaxSMoke
November 25th, 2005, 19:11
Sony does sell the PSP at a loss to the company, so I imagine getting them fixed is pretty much not worth it. Get a camera bag, hard case, or just start using the handstrap alot. But whatever you do, DON'T DROP IT! ;)

sdonn
December 16th, 2005, 16:51
Hi there. It's Simon from PSPTREE here. Just some extra info for you. Some people are asking whether we can do screen replacements for imports and white PSP's. The answer is that we can do the replacements for ALL PSP's.

Here is some feedback from a happy customer:

"Simon,
Thanks for the quick service, recieved the psp at about 11am today. cant believe how good it is now. thought i was just going to have to buy a new one!
hopefully this time it wont get broken.
Yours, a very satisfied customer,
Rob E"

Zaibach333
December 17th, 2005, 06:19
mine broke from a chapstick being in the same pocket and leaning against a wall. kinda lame huh?

I'm still baffeled as to why a "protective" faceplate, is extremely bendable, so much that if the amount of force applied could ruin the bare lcd- it will transfer the force strait to the lcd

Zaibach333
December 17th, 2005, 06:20
****** at least it protects against dings and scratches

sdonn
December 17th, 2005, 21:28
You are right. Most of the repairs we have had so far are not due to PSP's being dropped, but have been because they have cracked when objects have been placed on top of them in bags. So the moral of the story is to either get a rigid case or be extremely careful where you are stowing your PSP away.

Simon - PSPTree

Cakebox
December 18th, 2005, 05:02
Checked the PSPTree site, sure it does the repairs for an fair price I guess, some stuff I am a bit critic to is for the first the design, it dosn't really give you the feeling of "Here I am going to buy my PSP!" I feel it more like a commercial for the PSP, a good idea is to add something more to the design, so maybe people will feel abit more secure with everything on the website. It looked a bit empty for now.

As for the prices on PSPTree, I don't know if it's just where I live, but I find everything about 20 pounds expensiver from where I can get it. Ofcourse the market in UK might be higher then here in Sweden. Overall I think it's a great service Idea to replace people's PSP screens with an Sharp, besides the screen is a bit asking to get damaged. I hope you guys countinue and if something happens to me or my friends Screens I'll refer them to you sdonn, or as I should say PSPTree.co.uk

Zaibach333
December 18th, 2005, 17:33
I got my new lcd <a href="http://www.foundmy.com/oscom/">here</a> because they sell psp2tvs and the lcds are 45 (us dollars). that is if you are into manual repair, like me.

I've posted about this earlier, and I'll post again for how it turns out.

distilled
December 19th, 2005, 03:25
Is The Manual Repair Easy?

I Just broke my screen literally 5 minutes ago and I'm so pissed off its untrue.

I would use psptree if you could pick it up.

Zaibach333
December 19th, 2005, 05:36
I'll tell you once I get mine, keep an eye out for a post