PDA

View Full Version : Aim Triton Review

FrierTuck
November 25th, 2005, 18:47
Anyone out there tried out the new aim client, TRITON. Heres my review in 10 easlly swallowable chunks:

1.New Stylish Buddy List- well, it sure beats the old standard windows 95ish looking one, its blue and smooth.
2.Tabbeb IMs- This is ok if your into that sorta thing, i personaly perfer to auto load different windows.
3.Comming soon: VoIP- this should be good, i hope its better then the earlier AIM voice convo.
4.Built in AOL Radio-Kinda like built in shoutcast from yahoo, but beter, this stays all in a little box, with out opening a million other windows, and guess what, theres a drum and bass channel =)
5.Pretty new tabbed settings-yay, its no longer explorer style
6.Total AIM expressions intergration- This just pisses me off, i dont know how to switch buddy icons to ones that are on my pc.
7.Invite into chat button- This well, it beats setting up a whole chatroom for three people
8.Plaxo- HU-RAH for webmail intagration and buddy adding
9. CPU drain-AHHHHHHHHH LAGGGGGGGGGG
10.Good old IMing- this is what were here for, and it still delievers, no matter how much the rest of it slows down.

Ill add more later, and btw ANYONE KNWO HOW TO SWITCH TO BUDDY ICONS ON YOUR COMPUTER, AND NOT THE STUPID AOL ONES

Mental2k
November 25th, 2005, 19:04
It has one major problem though, its AOL.

FrierTuck
November 26th, 2005, 21:09
Hey, nothings perfect, hahahaha, AOL, ohhh, thats a good one. :)