PDA

View Full Version : Is emulating/homebrew playing going to be...dangerous to my PSP?

YoYoBoY
November 26th, 2005, 02:29
I'm getting a PSP soon, and I want to know if I could permanently screw up my PSP by running any of the games / programs on this site (ie: I do something wrong...)... is there any danger?

THINKABOTIT
November 26th, 2005, 04:01
IF U BUY UR PSP AT A STORE,U WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT...PRAY U GET A 2.0 SO U CAN DOWNGRADE :cool:

omniosiris
November 26th, 2005, 04:52
nah, most programs won't do anything to your PSP if you act n00bish. But untill you get the hang of it i'd avoid programs that change the physical data on your PSP (version changers, background changers, ect.) and I would get a freind who knows what he's doing to downgrade your PSP, cus you can really mess it up with that downgrader if you don't know what your doing

Mr.Modem
November 26th, 2005, 16:23
Downgrading isn't so hard if you just take some time and read the instructions carefully.

Numbah One Munkey
December 3rd, 2005, 09:55
I have yet to downgrade my PSP from 2.0 to 1.5 but a friend sent me a nice detailed guide on how to do it, I just have yet to actually do it. I am pondering on getting a 2nd PSP that way when I finally downgrade I will have one for UMD gaming which will be updated as newer games come out and the other for everything else. when I had 1.5 I was emulating stuff here and there and if something messed up I just deleted it off and started over and over till I got it working.

(BTW omniosiris I like your avatar glad to see there are other ZAO fans out there!)

Jman0708
December 3rd, 2005, 14:17
wdf wux u downgrade a 2.0 use eboot loader 0.7 0.8 and 0.85 so u can have a webbrowser dat worstedzero is bullshit it bricked my friends psp yet he got new one for free but stay wit 2.0 if u get it and just us 0.7 0.8 0.85 eboot loaders at fanjita.com so enjoy

~jman~