PDA

View Full Version : DSwiki - Offline Wikipedia Reader v0.1 alpha2

wraggster
August 29th, 2008, 21:55
News/release from ollipolli (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=5616.0)

I have released a new version of DSwiki. Version 0.1alpha2 is the first version that makes the Wikipedia completely accessible on the DS.

Changes and added features:

The index can be searched, so every article can be accessed. Press X for an input form.
The shoulder buttons navigate through the complete history of visited pages.
A cache of 2MB size is saving all recently visited pages, what is quite faster than retrieving and unpacking it from disk every back and forth.
There should be no big memory leaks anymore, browsing can be (nearly) endless.
 s are handled correctly.
There is no separate Unifont-version to display more glyphs, but a stable release will have one included.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

aaaltomare
August 30th, 2008, 06:46
this is very cool. I've been hoping for a little program like this, the DS seems like a great way to browse wikipedia on the go. I am concerned, however, that the custom english wiki dump is over 3GB. I didn't think most of the homebrew cards out there would take a card bigger than 2 gigs. Correct me if i'm wrong, here.

jaws365
August 30th, 2008, 10:33
Thats great, I spend much time on Wikipedia! THanks :D

jaws365
August 30th, 2008, 13:52
it says "not found" in german. It does not find anything, probably because it can't connect. How do I configure it?

ProtoKun7
August 30th, 2008, 19:18
this is very cool. I've been hoping for a little program like this, the DS seems like a great way to browse wikipedia on the go. I am concerned, however, that the custom english wiki dump is over 3GB. I didn't think most of the homebrew cards out there would take a card bigger than 2 gigs. Correct me if i'm wrong, here.
There are many (or at least a few) flashcards that accept microSDHC cards; CycloDS Evolution definitely (my card), M3 Real I think and some others. Cyclo cards I'm told take up to 32GB cards

maeurd
September 17th, 2008, 23:15
Well, you may have been right until recently, when Supercard released Supercard DS One v3, supporting SDHC cards, which can go way beyond 8 gig, and if you don't want to spend too much, you can get a 8 gig card from amazon.co.uk for around £13. :thumbup:
I highly recommend it.