PDA

View Full Version : Newbie space for movies??

darenl
November 26th, 2005, 19:38
I am planning on buying a psp. like to know if i buy a 1 gig stick and the average avi or mpeg is 700mg after converted how many movies can i squeeze on or what about how many games. just would like to know before a buy.

prumprum
November 27th, 2005, 23:33
well typically with a 1gig stick you might get 2 high quality moveis at best. but the new 2gig is already out you can find it at www.jr.com or run a search on google. that may be more suitable for u :)

I'm a psp groupie,cant sleep,cant eat need psp

vincesecuricor2005
November 28th, 2005, 00:48
700mb after??? ive got a good one of south park blu at 179 and equilibrium good at 224mb.

Jdemon
November 28th, 2005, 03:53
It all depends on the quality of your encoding and the length of the film. The lowest quality I run at averages at 203.91MB/hour, and the highest is 451.76MB/hour. So I think the maximum you could fit at a decent watchable quality is about 2 movies on a 1 GB stick. I'm not exactly sure what you are asking by "games" I'm not hip on what a 2.0 system is capable of loading I believe some EMUs and Homebrew are running with a launcher. As I have a 1.5 and intend to keep it that way I haven't looked into that info too much. I believe the systems selling now are 2.0 but I'm not 100% sure. If you're asking about "back ups" you need to read the forum rules.