PDA

View Full Version : PSP's Future

IndianCheese
November 27th, 2005, 05:23
Tell us what you hope to see either in a future update, software, hardware, accessories, or homebrew for the PSP!

Here's what I have:

MediaCapture (accessory, update): A device that plugs into the USB that has a lens and a mic. It could be used for capturing pictures, videos, or sounds and placing them into the corresponding folders of the PSP.

Messenger (homebrew, update): A program that could send a) messages from PSP-to-PSP, b) SMS messages to cell phones, and c) messages online through AIM, YIM, MSN, or ICQ.

Flash/Video Plug-in for Web Browser (update): Obvious. A Windows Media Player and Flash Player port (maybe even Shockwave) for the >2.00 Web Browser.

Of course, Sony has no known plans for these, but I know that I would update for these (if they ever happened, that is)!

dudeass
November 27th, 2005, 09:34
Full Windows XP on UMD

40GB HDD

instant messenger (MSN)

app that adds the digital signature needed to a homebrew EBOOT

psp p2p

3ghz processor

ps2 emulator

that's all i can think of for now

one winged angel
November 27th, 2005, 09:39
it is very unlikly that a 3ghz processor comes to the psp but you can dream

one winged angel
November 27th, 2005, 09:41
But I like the windows idea

jaws365
November 27th, 2005, 10:28
- winamp/itunes style music player with plugin support + song advance + playlist and without loop forever (so you can sleep to psp music) :)

- port of UFO Enemy Unknown (PC version)

princeras
November 27th, 2005, 14:01
the long time promised usb gps device would really be nice....
also a usb keyboard, wich should have been available with eu-release of the psp would really be a great accessory...apart from that, a real hot dev would be a full speed n64 emulator, and a way, either to get kernel mode apps run on 2.0 firmware or higher, or to get sony convinced, that the major homebrew scene does not negatively affect console / software sales :D !

dudeass
November 29th, 2005, 19:19
USB hub
downloadable plugins for all file formats

kevthedrummer
November 30th, 2005, 00:31
hmmm, I suppose the Flash plugin would have to be developed by Macromedia rather than Sony...

Do you ever see emulators being upgraded to the point that they will work on all versions rather than just 1.5?

jaws365
November 30th, 2005, 02:05
yeah! definitly a keyboard so we can use amiga and c64 music trackers! oh i have wet dreams of that :)

speaking of it, how cool it would be to have a .xm or .rns (renoise) tracker for psp.

Heran_Bago
November 30th, 2005, 06:31
I'm really reaching here, but I hope that good commercial games come out for the PSP.
Right now there's lumines, GTA, and the new Harvest Moon.
We have no Castlevania, Superstar Saga 2, Kirby, Sonic Rush, Meteos (well, Lumines makes up for that), Mario Kart, convenient online play, Animal Crossing, Wario Ware, Feel the Magic, Jump Super Stars, Super Princess Peach.

The DS has many great commercial games. I want the PSP to have more than 5 great REAL games. And REAL games, not homebrew. Users don't have to make up for crappy developers.

jaws365
November 30th, 2005, 11:01
we also need survival horror games like "fatal frame" and "resident evil 2/4" + rpgs like "final fantasy" and "golden sun".

IndianCheese
December 3rd, 2005, 04:01
I thought of another!

LearnIR (homebrew): IR Remote that can learn actions from other IR transmitters (teh freekin remote control) can name the actions, and can save the configurations.

Heran_Bago
December 3rd, 2005, 09:36
You do realize that the PSP needs decent commercial software more than anything else, right?

IndianCheese
December 5th, 2005, 23:46
Well, a Sonic game wouldn't be half bad. Actually, I'd be the first in America to own it!