PDA

View Full Version : Capcom Says Online Play Is the Future of Fighting Games

wraggster
August 30th, 2008, 19:24
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono spoke with Videogamer recently about the upcoming Street Fighter IV title. He discussed several features of the game, including the lag during online play being a "huge problem," and the decision to remove parrying from this offering. He also mentioned that once better infrastructure is in place, online play "will definitely be the future of the fighting game."

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/08/30/1244203

mike_jmg
August 31st, 2008, 01:06
Future, it should be right now

If someone can play SSBB against someone across the world, why can't I play tekken too, in fact some people can and do, through Xlink kai, but I have no idea what do i need or how to set it up (and of course I doubt I could find the needed hardware here in Mexico)

It should've been a feature of the damn game

pkmaximum
August 31st, 2008, 04:12
The lag is a huge issue he said, Super Smash Brothers Brawl tends to lag a lot =/

I would love super smash so much more if the online play wasn't so horrible seriously... =(

Veskgar
August 31st, 2008, 07:31
Yes, online play and rankings for fighting games should be the future standard. I don't get much satisfaction playing a fighting game 1 player vs. the CPU. Nothing beats (literally) kicking a real human opponent's a$$.

khan_1989
August 31st, 2008, 11:21
you guys heard of GGPO, PC online fighting emulator, runs like MAME, and online gameplay is perfect, ive heard that they are going to implement the same online function that GGPO does into the new STREET FIGHTER II HD REMIX.

GGPO is in beta and has almost perfect online gameplay, hope capcom can learn a few things from them.