PDA

View Full Version : Next Tony Hawk Game Adds Snowboarding, DS Motion Control

wraggster
August 30th, 2008, 19:36
Activision has officially announced Tony Hawk's next outing, this time for the Nintendo DS. Tony Hawk's Motion will be, as you might have guessed from the title, is a motion controlled affair. What you might not have guessed was that snowboarding events would be added to the series starting now.

Pro snowboarder Todd Richards will play second fiddle to Hawk in the handheld game, with the back up sport adding "more than 20 diverse mini-challenges" to the game. We're mini-excited.

Tony Hawk's Motion takes advantage of the Motion Pack, according to the fact sheet distributed today, which casually mentions it as if we know what the hell that is. It does remind us of this ancient rumor, though. And this one. Perhaps current gen console are getting their own taste of Tony Hawk's Motion soon.

http://kotaku.com/5043668/next-tony-hawk-game-adds-snowboarding-ds-motion-control

gutbub
August 30th, 2008, 20:53
There's no way I could imagine the consoles getting this game. It's not like the Wii and the PS3 have motion sensing controllers... Oh wait, they do? In that case, than yea, it will be a port from a handheld to a console, lol.

spinal_cord
August 30th, 2008, 21:33
Nintendo, making a Motion Pak...

My legal knowledge isn't excellent, but does that mean they can be sued by KeithE (http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=11674), who made the DS Motion Pak about a year and a half ago, and motion card about two years ago? Surely who's ever brain this popped out of first automatically owns the copyright?

trugamer
August 31st, 2008, 09:13
Not if he hasn't patented it as a motion device for the ds/handheld console, they might not be able to rip off his design like for like but they can probably make their own.

humor
August 31st, 2008, 10:21
this should be compatible with future games from other franchises & homebrew. I think nintendo would be smart to emulate microsofts xbox360 upgrades, that were taken from the xbox1 modders, & emulate the homebrew community in the ds2 by adding motion control, dual touch widescreens, mp3 player, built in browser, & fully downloadable games in an online store. sorry kinda drifted off topic.