PDA

View Full Version : DCaSTaway rc3

Zherae
November 27th, 2005, 14:39
Just tried it runs pretty good I must say, it run Turrican and Another World just fine but I found the sound to be no so good, another thing I found a bit impractical is the second button being assign to X I think B is easier to press [A,B] instead of [A,X].

Excellent work on the menu. I have to try and see if 2p can operate the menu or only 1p can.

Yup just tried it again same bug, it makes the sound as if I'm moving thru the menu but second player can't use the menu.

Another thing that happens on both UAE4ALL and DCastaway last releases they both hang, after loading a couple of games, press start to change and load a new game, press reset, press start(run) and shows a blanc screen with the keyboard on screen. Anyone else?

chui
November 28th, 2005, 11:24
Yes, SDL_GetTicks function has a serious overflow bug with my SDL driver. I will patch it and will release all again, be patient, these tests (wait around 74 minutes) spend a lot of time, sorry.

About buttons, i think that make a redefine buttons menu is a good idea for all emulators.

Now, i am very busy with neo4all/aes, it is a neo4all fork using MMU for load large neogeo roms. Yesterday, Fox68k and me tested first playable pre-alpha version and MetalSlugX is very playable :D Maybe next week i will release a alpha-preview version.

I hope have a new releases for all emus for christmas, neo4all/aes included.

Zherae
November 28th, 2005, 13:57
That's incredible! I like how you surprises us all with the once thought impossible and out of the blue you release these amazing works!

About UAE4ALL I think it would be a good idea to assign the spacebar to a second button on the gamepad, some games use it. Some games also suported 2 buttons like Apidia I used to have a mega drive gamepad connected to my Amiga 600 that's how I found out about it.

chui
November 28th, 2005, 14:55
You can map X button with lastest UAE4ALL, it's UP by default but if you press X button under virtual keyboard, this key will be mapped as X button during game.

Amiga 500 only supported 1 button, i suppose that special joysticks would use a mouse button for second button, try to press Y and B buttons (amiga buttons mapped).