PDA

View Full Version : Would this be possible

darkriku2000
August 31st, 2008, 05:13
Hi, so I'll just cut to the chase on this:

I was playing some of my psp games the other they and noticed that some of them had connectivity to the ps2, in the sense that they either copied specific files to and from the memory card via a usb cable

So I was thinking, would it be possible to make something like this to copy save files and .elf files to a ps2 memory card without the use of and action replay or one of those things

I would try to do it myself but I don't even have a weeks worth of practice in any languages except for lua (I have about 3-4 months practice in that and I already know that it would be impossible to do it in it) so I know that I wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon, but it would be something kind of neat to see.

So does anybody know if it would be possible?

HardHat
August 31st, 2008, 16:59
what games are you referring to specifically?

why would copying PSP elf files to the PS2 be useful?

Wouldn't the change have to be on the PS2 side, and with the PS2 games? I'm not clear that this is exactly a PSP question.

You could make homebrew that cross connected, but I'm not sure how big your audience would be.

PSPdemon
August 31st, 2008, 17:15
what games are you referring to specifically?

why would copying PSP elf files to the PS2 be useful?

Wouldn't the change have to be on the PS2 side, and with the PS2 games? I'm not clear that this is exactly a PSP question.

You could make homebrew that cross connected, but I'm not sure how big your audience would be.

i think what he means is he wants to copy ps2 elfs via psp to a ps2 memory card

if im not badly mistaken the game that would be doing this would be socom?

i dont remember what both PS2-PSP connectivity did on that game...but i would imagine it wouldnt be for saves ( probably only game content transfers )

i could be wrong... it definantly seems like a interesting idea and may work.... but depends really.

ill look into it later on how it works ( though i dont think ill come up with anything :p )

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

darkriku2000
September 1st, 2008, 02:36
I had one game, I don't remember what it was...

I think it was "Shinobido" that would connect to the ps2 via USB cable and download mission editor files off of the memory card, in that case I figured that it would be possible to make a program to copy files to and from the ps2