PDA

View Full Version : MPH Firmware launcher (Version 1.3.0)

wraggster
November 28th, 2005, 02:33
Source - MPH Website (http://mphwebsite.tuxfamily.org/index.php?program=11)

Use with precaution, i am not responsable for possible damage <-

Allows to launch a firmware from the memory stick.

The firmware must be in file format and not in eboot.pbp format, for convert a firmware eboot.pbp in file, use the psardump02a tool.

v1.3 :

- Beta version with another core
- Load 1.00, 1.50, 1.51, 1.52, 2.00, 2.01, 2.50 firmware

Download at link above

Insane1
November 28th, 2005, 02:50
Sounds cool. But I'm gonna wait until there's some reviews or something on what firmwares it'll load. Mainly because I'm afraid of bricking my PSP. Don't exactly have enough money to replace it.

crazy_biker420
November 28th, 2005, 03:15
k this should be good keep it coming you should package the 1.00 with 2.50 or somthing

echel0n
November 28th, 2005, 04:29
will we finally be able to play GTA and have hb on the same psp? :D

KoolAidMan
November 28th, 2005, 05:00
anyone try it yet?

andrewgabriel77
November 28th, 2005, 05:00
you can already play GTA and have homebrew at the same time using the 2.0 eboot loader

DraconumPB
November 28th, 2005, 05:12
Though it's not full functionality i suppose you could say... 2.00 loader has issuse with some occasional homebrews. Still a great piece of software however....

bill00000
November 28th, 2005, 05:49
I hope this works. The 2.0 Eboot loader is a wonderful piece of software, but having to hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot the PSP gets a little tedious.

logicbomb.de
November 28th, 2005, 05:50
okay, i followed the readme in the zip file, dumped the data.psar (2.0 US fw) according to the tutorial and put all the files in the proper folders.

the 2.0 firmware starts to load up (the sony startup screen) then I get the blue screen telling me that my settings are corrupted and need to be repaired (like the screen u see when you downgrade), after I press the "O" button, the firmware emulator exits and goes back to the 1.5 menu.

Insane1
November 28th, 2005, 05:58
okay, i followed the readme in the zip file, dumped the data.psar (2.0 US fw) according to the tutorial and put all the files in the proper folders.

the 2.0 firmware starts to load up (the sony startup screen) then I get the blue screen telling me that my settings are corrupted and need to be repaired (like the screen u see when you downgrade), after I press the "O" button, the firmware emulator exits and goes back to the 1.5 menu.
Sounds like it's trying to reboot the PSP like it does when it repairs the settings, only because it's not the firmware in the flash, when it trys rebooting it simply exits back to the currently "installed" firmware. The thing I'm interested about here is that 2.0 actually loaded. Even if that settings "bug" is stopping it from going further.

jOeBrO
November 28th, 2005, 06:03
i got 2.5 to fully load on mine but it wont play my atrac3plus files or my AVC files, i'm hoping its the firmware and not the loader - so if someone has an organized version of 2.0 can you please send it my way

thanks in advance,

Joe

Insane1
November 28th, 2005, 06:10
i got 2.5 to fully load on mine but it wont play my atrac3plus files or my AVC files, i'm hoping its the firmware and not the loader - so if someone has an organized version of 2.0 can you please send it my way

thanks in advance,

Joe
Actually, in one of the text files in the download, It's mentioned that there are some...slight problems with the firmware loader at the moment. Seems some features in higher firmwares WILL be broken.

pspfan
November 28th, 2005, 06:36
jOeBrO,

Does the webbrowser work and does GTA work on your loaded 2.5? If those two work I am downgrading back to 1.5 and using this because, though it is great, the eboot loader can't run several of the homebrews I like.

dkainer
November 28th, 2005, 09:59
I hope this works. The 2.0 Eboot loader is a wonderful piece of software, but having to hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot the PSP gets a little tedious.

FYI, with Fanjita's Eboot Loader 085, you now just hold the shoulder buttons + start for 1 second to go back to the Eboot loader and from there can hit start to go back to the PSP startup. :)

magicruss
November 28th, 2005, 10:12
I have the exact same problem with the 2.5 firmware - starts to boot - then blue screen, press O, reboots and back to 1.5??

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 11:02
ive done it i wil be uploading the 2.0 and 2.5 files now on raipid share

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 11:36
10mins Left

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 11:37
Im Uploading Fw 1.0 2.0 2.5 And Io Even Put The Righ Set Out Of Folders 4 Ya:)

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 11:52
http://rapidshare.de/files/8276253/mph_firmware_loader_pspcracker.rar.html
THERE ALL THE THE RIGHT FOLDERS SO JUST OPEN WAT FW U WANT AND COPY TO MS
THIS IS NOT THE FAINL VERSION A LOT OF BUGS MPH'S SAID'HES NOT G9OING TO FINISH UNTIL HES FIX ALL THE BUG
1.0 FW THE THE MOST STABLE MOST THING WORK

magicruss
November 28th, 2005, 12:14
Nice one!!! i can see where i went wrong now. All is good, got 2.0 going!

thanks dude!!

vincesecuricor2005
November 28th, 2005, 12:28
does gta work with it???

magicruss
November 28th, 2005, 12:35
Nope - Iball tested it already with the umd's and they don't work - i don't know what happens, maybe he will post and let you know.

Of course none of the homebrew stuff will work if it's straight 1.5 setup but i'm not sure about Fanjita's 2.0 eboot loader, i will test.

It's still cool as when it's fixed i'm guessing the 2.0 browser will work and once the kernal mode is fully cracked it will mean that peeps won't have to upgrade as we can run the emulation and still keep our 1.5's. Mind you if 2.0 is fully cracked, we won't need this at all!! :)

vincesecuricor2005
November 28th, 2005, 12:58
oh well still awesome breakthrough

magicruss
November 28th, 2005, 13:36
Just a little info...

If you run the umd emulator FIRST and select a dump from the original GTA or SOCOM and then the MPH firmware loader, the umd still shows up as gta or socom but there is no video or sound in the thumbnail. If you try and run it, it just flicks between the previous menu with the umd icon and then back again. So i'm guessing if mph sorts out the video and sound problem then it just may work?

this also happens on a game that is <2.0 i.e - i dumped hot shots golf and got the same thing.

Can't wait to see what happens once the bugs are fixed..

japanitrat
November 28th, 2005, 13:53
taht seems pretty interesting.
those media-bugs with photos, videos and so on really s****

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 14:06
mph is worling on the bugs

PSPCRACKER
November 28th, 2005, 14:16
no gta dose mot work with it , and some big bug like umd want read or will music or photo, fw 1.0 seem to work fine tho as it has less sericurity en da shit

echel0n
November 28th, 2005, 16:43
you can already play GTA and have homebrew at the same time using the 2.0 eboot loader

i thought gta runs on 2.5, not 2.0..have you actually been able to play it on a 1.5 psp using the eboot loader?

Dimensio
November 28th, 2005, 18:25
So can anyone report if GTA: LCS works on an "emulated" 2.0 Firmware running atop 1.5, or is it still way too early for that?

Dimensio
November 28th, 2005, 18:26
i thought gta runs on 2.5, not 2.0..have you actually been able to play it on a 1.5 psp using the eboot loader?

GTA requires 2.0, not 2.5.

magicruss
November 28th, 2005, 18:28
Please read previous posts b4 asking the same question over and over and over again.

No it does not run GTA or SOCOM at the moment as said earlier literally 4 or 5 posts ago. Iball has already tested and i have tested. Please read!!!!!

But it's a step in the right direction.

As soon as GTA runs im sure the whole psp scene will explode with the news

multiformous
November 28th, 2005, 19:56
is this supposed to work backwards? I mean, if I have 2.5 firmware running on my PSP, will I be able to load 1.5 off a memory stick and run emulators/homebrew? Or am I getting this all wrong...

YourStillWithMe
November 28th, 2005, 20:23
Your getting it wrong. This program is for 1.00 and 1.50 users. You want to get back to 1.50 firmware? Trade psp's with someone else and basically in a nutshell-get anopther psp at a 2.00 or lower firmware and downgrade it. Beware of the firmware trick! (someone may have never switched it back. . be sure to have a mem stick handy with 1.5 apps preloaded on it) anyway no this program is not for you. There is no way to downgrade from 2.50 now. I'm sure it will be possible soon so be patient and dont upgrade further. This program lets us load the 1.51 and 1.52, (why? i dont know. . ) 2.00, 2.01, and 2.50 firmwares so such games in the future (example-GTA liberty city stories) can be launched without having to upgrade to the new firmware. This launches the firmwares but is not an OFFICIAL upgrade.

I do have a question though How do you get back to the 1.00 or 1.50 firmware after the firmware has been launches? Do you just keep it forever?

kurst3030
November 28th, 2005, 23:10
look.. I have been reading, and not once did anyone mention weather web browser works or not. I'm not new either, I know all about homebrew, deving, emulation and such, especially psp. So can someone please just tell me already.

jOeBrO
November 29th, 2005, 00:26
the web browser doesnt work

but can anyone tell me if they got atrac3plus files to play or AVC videos??

urmom9388
November 29th, 2005, 03:34
Ok, I am tired of people complaining about grand theft auto not working on 1.5. It does. I have battlefront 2 which both requires 2.0 and run it through fastloader. All you have to do is boot up fastloader and click the load inserted umd option. Hope this will stop everyone asking the same question. Also i love this launcher. while it wont play every feature it is what i have wanted for a long time and is the beginning. EDIT: I aplogise for this misunderstanding but GTA does not work on 1.5. SORRY!!! I hadn't tried it yet but assumed it worked because battlfront 2 does. REALLY sorry for getting everyones hopes up. :o :o :o

spillway
November 29th, 2005, 04:10
All you have to do is boot up fastloader and click the load inserted umd option.

i assume you must have said umd's in the drive to play as described.... not iso format?

multiformous
November 29th, 2005, 04:57
oh, thanks for clearing that up for me, YourStillWithMe. I can't remember why I upgraded to 2.5 ... a momentary lapse of reason I guess. But I like the browser so hopefully sometime I'll be able to get back on 2.0 and then use that eBoot loader thing. Surely by then it'll be working well.

Dimensio
November 29th, 2005, 06:46
Ok, I am tired of people complaining about grand theft auto not working on 1.5. It does. I have both GTALCS and battlefront 2 which both require 2.0 and run them through fastloader. All you have to do is boot up fastloader and click the load inserted umd option. Hope this will stop everyone asking the same question. Also i love this launcher. while it wont play every feature it is what i have wanted for a long time and is the beginning.

Where exactly did you find a version of fastloader that can boot GTA:LCS on a 1.5 PSP? I've not heard about anything that works, and I wasn't able to use fastloader to run it.

bill00000
November 29th, 2005, 13:17
Ok, I am tired of people complaining about grand theft auto not working on 1.5. It does. I have both GTALCS and battlefront 2 which both require 2.0 and run them through fastloader. All you have to do is boot up fastloader and click the load inserted umd option. Hope this will stop everyone asking the same question. Also i love this launcher. while it wont play every feature it is what i have wanted for a long time and is the beginning.

What version of Fastloader? How do you explain that no one has tried this before?

jaws365
November 29th, 2005, 13:28
oh yes please reply, which version of fastloader? ive already tried version 8c and it did not work. and what happens to the gta videos, i thought they required avc codec from firmware 2.0?

Mew
November 29th, 2005, 15:37
he won't reply, cuz he is a stupid liar...

caythos
November 29th, 2005, 16:53

I've been told that this works for other 2.0 games but I've never seen anyone else say it works with GTA, A friend of mine has a 1.5 and i have GTA i will try to disprove this this weekend if this guy never responds.

IndianCheese
November 29th, 2005, 22:11
Can anyone with a locayfre base test to see if the locayfre player can load correctly through loading 2.5 firmware?

Ryu Hayabusa
November 30th, 2005, 00:30
Does The Web Browser work or what

urmom9388
November 30th, 2005, 02:03
it was fastloader .7 and i am not talking about iso mode. You insert the umd, load fastloader, and click load inserted umd. I can't explain why no one has said this before but I didn't want to update to 2.0 for those games so before i did I remembered the load umd option and wondered if it would work. It did. Also I don't think it wil work with umd emulater because if I remember correctly it doesn't have a load umd option. Hope this helps.

Dimensio
November 30th, 2005, 06:35
it was fastloader .7 and i am not talking about iso mode. You insert the umd, load fastloader, and click load inserted umd.

Liar. Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories will NOT run on firmware 1.5 even WITH Fastloader 0.7

drmrsanta
November 30th, 2005, 19:52
Ok, I am tired of people complaining about grand theft auto not working on 1.5. It does. I have battlefront 2 which both requires 2.0 and run it through fastloader. All you have to do is boot up fastloader and click the load inserted umd option. Hope this will stop everyone asking the same question. Also i love this launcher. while it wont play every feature it is what i have wanted for a long time and is the beginning. EDIT: I aplogise for this misunderstanding but GTA does not work on 1.5. SORRY!!! I hadn't tried it yet but assumed it worked because battlfront 2 does. REALLY sorry for getting everyones hopes up. :o :o :o

Why would you post something you "assume" works, when hundreds of people, including programmers, have said there is (currently) no way to do it?

Dimensio
November 30th, 2005, 20:40
Why would you post something you "assume" works, when hundreds of people, including programmers, have said there is (currently) no way to do it?

Look at my previous post, where I quoted him. He didn't "assume" that it worked, he stated outright that he has tried GTA:LCS and that it does work. He lied, and now he's rapidly trying to backtrack to cover it up.

He's as dishonest as a creationist.

IndianCheese
December 1st, 2005, 01:29
Here are the bugs I found in the 2.50 load:

No web browser
No support for music groups
No video support
No picture support
Inability to save Network settings (such as connections and such)
Inability to obtain an IP Address (through Network Update)
No UMD support
Cannot play PMF files
And obviously, no homebrew (but that's not a bug, is it?)

urmom9388
December 1st, 2005, 03:02
Look, i do have the game. I said I was sorry and drmrsanta you dont have to call me a damn idiot. I did assume that it worked and I admitted to my mistake but you dont have to call me a liar and a damn idiot. Why don't you go sit in a corner and cry because it doesn't work "damn idiot"

Dimensio
December 1st, 2005, 03:50
I did assume that it worked and I admitted to my mistake but you dont have to call me a liar and a damn idiot. Why don't you go sit in a corner and cry because it doesn't work "damn idiot"

You said "I have both GTALCS and battlefront 2 which both require 2.0 and run them through fastloader." You claimed that you have run GTALCS through fastloader. That makes you a liar. Stop whining that you got caught.