PDA

View Full Version : Wii Soft-mod?

Question Mark
August 31st, 2008, 20:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMuqtAHinkg
Apparently someone has soft-modded their wii.
According to him,
Wow, the video turns out to be one hell of a kind. You all seems to post shit about it. There are some things that bothers me.
1. Comments which only says: "FAKE", "BULLS**T" or something else that doesn't make any sense, just saying that doesn't prove s**t.
2. People who doesn't even ask why through comments
3. People spamming
4. People who don't believe s**t, and only believes it when they get it for *free*
5. F***ers.

And
Now to all the most wanted question: "Why is there a towel on the TV?"
Answer: First of, it's a t-shirt. If you don't want it there, then fine, we'll make a video with a nice and clean room.]

And also
1. We don't have 2 dvd's in that room. Not even 1.
2. English is not our primary language.
3. We don't really want to tell everyone how we did it at the moment. There are still flamers out there sleeping in their beds.
AND:
1. We'll clean up the room.
2. Can't have a 100% fixed camera, we'll hold it in the background. If it stays still, people will probably say: "You edited the movie." or something.
3. Explaining isn't important when you've seen our next video.
4. More flaming means no release.
5. People have commented us, not the video. Which probably means that they hate us because they're retarded.
6. The one we used was a PAL, firmware 3.2. It has not been modded/hacked before.
7. We wrote everything from scratch.
8. We compiled it with our own software.
9. We can't use the same Wii, we'll need to use an NTSC-U Wii because the other one is already soft modded.
10. We'll do it nice and slow. The loading stuff you complained about

If I overlooked something, then tell me.

Now here's some questions from us:
1. Shall we use the same backup game? Or shall we use another one?
2. We really don't want to tell HOW to did this. (development stuff) But we're okay with leaking out something.

EDIT: We're unsure WHEN to post it tomorrow. It may be late, and it may be early. Subscribe to get the latest news

Source: www.youtube.com/epicsofthack and http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103138&st=1

Sonicboy 101
August 31st, 2008, 20:33
He's extremely worked up about fakes. Hmmm

iniquitous_beast
August 31st, 2008, 20:48
Geez, the guy is claiming "More flamers = no release". If that is the case, we might as well abandon all hope of ever getting this. Regardless of whether or not this is real, one must be ready to accept those who doubt one's honesty. The world has become too cynical for someone to reasonably expect to be loved just because they have made an ambitious claim and posted a youtube video.

masterchief929
August 31st, 2008, 22:34
i saw the word "backups" on his youtube channel... thats not good... that means we might be fighting with ninty soon. :/ here comes a battle similar to the DS one. :( :( :(

cal360
August 31st, 2008, 22:50
Flaming = no release seems exactly what PSDonkey said so I say it's a fake untill proven.