PDA

View Full Version : Nokia's N-Gage good 'n' gone

wraggster
November 28th, 2005, 19:27
Nokia is ceasing production of its N-Gage 'game deck,' a device that combined an awkward pastie-shaped phone with an awkward, sparsely supported gaming device.

Blighted at first by lousy looks and usability, even a successful redesign couldn't help catch gamers' attention. Too big for phone lovers and too small in the screen for gamers, the device sold just a third of the projected six million units.

Despite discontinuing the unit, Nokia will continue to support its online portal, known as Arena, and new games will still appear for the time being. The device may even have a couple of decent gaming years left – the company plans to integrate gaming into its Series 60 phones, but not until 2007.

slayer2psp
November 29th, 2005, 16:33
i think im the only person here who likes the n-gage it does so many things i cant believe it didnt do better. there are 100s of games for it and if you like mobile games no other phone does a better job you can surf the net on it you can watch movies play good 3d games on it what ever you want all for just a 100 bucks if you go with pay as you go oh well i got mine and will use it intill i can find a phone that does as much as this