PDA

View Full Version : PMP - PSP Media Player v0.06

wraggster
November 28th, 2005, 21:01
JiniCho (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3571&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90) has updated the PMP (PSP Media Player) to version 0.06. PMP is a homebrew multimedia player which AVI files in Divx or XviD format.

whats new :

Including jonny's idct optimization.(many thanks to jonny) doing overlay using gu. I refered the document from http://www.multimedia.cx/yuv-3d-rgb.txt.
.mp4 playable.(with sound) you can use your favorite true type font. locate "default.ttf" into "PMP/font" directory.(it's buggy)

Download via comments

Top1
November 29th, 2005, 12:54
its a foreign language so i dont know how to load any divx or xvid movie :confused:
cant understand any word, just "start" and "select"
is there any english tutorial or such thing?

MGFox
November 29th, 2005, 13:59
Top1:

Firstly, Welcome to DCEmu! :)

I haven't used PMP in a while, but if I remember correctly:-

1) Place the AVI files in ms:\PSP\VIDEO folder (ms = Drive on PC which is your Memory Stick or PSP)
2) Load up PMP and pretend to read page of text :D
3) Press button when ready, and you'll be presented with two options. The top one says Video and the bottom says Audio. Select the Video option.
4) It should then display a list of all AVI files in the directory mentioned in step 1. Select the Video you want to watch
5) ENJOY!!

This information is off the top of my head and based on v0.05 so I can't guaruntee the validity of it...someone else will clarify if its wrong :)

I don't have my PSP at the moment, so can someone post if there are speed improvements and if it works on 2.00?

Cheers,
Fox

y0gz
November 30th, 2005, 14:25
Any possible way to make the movie full screen?

Top1
December 4th, 2005, 11:26
thx i will try =)

and post back in here if t works

relevino
March 8th, 2006, 15:55
Where do you place de map PMP?

Kuru
March 12th, 2006, 14:15
Once again, I canīt access the attached download...please fix this, canīt wait to give this one a shot... thx in advance

huck500
April 15th, 2006, 17:22
In the main screen of this app:
-SELECT will take you to the audio/video choice screen, the top choice is video. Use O to select.
-START will quit the program.

While playing video:
-X will pause/unpause the video.
-START will switch between true size, fill screen but keep true aspect ratio, and stretch to fill entire screen.
-SQUARE returns you to the main screen.

The file that I tested this with was a tiny (1.5 MB) movie trailer. It played the file very slowly, maybe 5 FPS, and was accessing the MS constantly. I tried on both the MS that came with the PSP and a 512 MS Pro. I'll try with a different file next.

Pressing the directional pad seems to stop the video, but sometimes the sound keeps working.

Great start! Hopefully the dev will keep updating this.

hailuu
April 29th, 2006, 02:22
i did it and it said that my psp has just crashed

hailuu
April 29th, 2006, 02:22
but then i turn it back on it was okay

nikolas
May 27th, 2006, 11:17
How i install this program? Where i have to copy those files?

bnf2x5
June 18th, 2006, 18:54
does this work for 2.5

ch40z_008
July 1st, 2006, 07:33
does this work on v2.6? thanks

isaisa
February 13th, 2007, 08:59
ther is no player for the PC for the PMP files

pkmaximum
February 13th, 2007, 15:13
There is a player for the computer were you can play the PMP files.

Though I wouldn't recommend even using the PMP format for the PSP any more. since Dark_Alex hacked in the custom firmware full resolution fo rusing MP4 avc, its just a better format to mess with. Especially since things like google vid, and other keep streams ability allow you to download things straight to the Mp4 format. And if you have that you can easily stick the video file in the root of your memory card in the video folder and run it lik ethat.

Just look up a few video turorials on the PSP, to find out more if you need to. Its really not hard once you know wha tyour doing.

For a video converter I would recommend using 3GP converter, thats never failed, me the quality of the video conversion is great, the speed process isn't exactly the best but you will never find decent speeds when converting videos. But its worth it once its done =]

sry for the long post, its always worth helping out new members into the PSP scene i guess.

Clyde18
March 13th, 2007, 01:56
n00b here needs help

Have have a few qns:

1. I'm running3.03-OEC, will this work?

2. After I extract the PM006_1125.rar, where do i place the files?

DarkGhost368
October 24th, 2007, 06:15
There is a player for the computer were you can play the PMP files.

Though I wouldn't recommend even using the PMP format for the PSP any more. since Dark_Alex hacked in the custom firmware full resolution fo rusing MP4 avc, its just a better format to mess with. Especially since things like google vid, and other keep streams ability allow you to download things straight to the Mp4 format. And if you have that you can easily stick the video file in the root of your memory card in the video folder and run it lik ethat.

Just look up a few video turorials on the PSP, to find out more if you need to. Its really not hard once you know wha tyour doing.

For a video converter I would recommend using 3GP converter, thats never failed, me the quality of the video conversion is great, the speed process isn't exactly the best but you will never find decent speeds when converting videos. But its worth it once its done =]

sry for the long post, its always worth helping out new members into the PSP scene i guess.

That may be true, but converting movies takes pretty long, and eats up a lot of ram. Simply running it directly off the psp using this seems like a more efficent way.

nateimlost
November 9th, 2007, 22:03
ok./... but how the hell do i put it on my psp and have it run

pspilo
March 28th, 2008, 10:20
where will i put the downloaded app.?

Mr.Ree
March 28th, 2008, 17:11
There's a coder who has made an English front end for this program. He calls it PDVX. I just downloaded PMP and checked it against his program and they look the same.

If you try videos that are larger than 320 x 240 chances are that all you'll get is just the audio playing. I've tried quite a few divx clips and they play ok, but there is some hesitation and jumping. As a quick player it works, but there is room for improvement.

Put the two folders in your GAME directory and use the 1.5 kernal when you boot. You shouldn't have many problems.