PDA

View Full Version : Life with PlayStation delayed again

Shrygue
September 1st, 2008, 18:12
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/life-with-playstation-delayed-again_3)

Sony has announced that Life with PlayStation for the PlayStation 3 will be delayed again - but confirmed the new news service will be free.

In a post on the US PlayStation blog Sony's Noam Rimon wrote, "We're still pushing some paperwork on Life with PlayStation - so hold tight just a bit longer."

Rimon went on to confirm, "We're going to offer this as a free service that will be easily accessible directly from the XMB."

Life with PlayStation was first announced earlier this year, with Sony originally saying it would be out in July. That was later changed to August, which has of course come and gone.

Explaining what the service is, Rimon wrote: "Life with PlayStation will feed live content to your PS3 with updates on news and weather on a visually stunning and interactive global map."

"Imagine being able to wake up to your PS3 to see if you need to pack an umbrella for the day. Or just relax as you listen to your favourite tunes while reading up on top news from around the world."

Gene
September 2nd, 2008, 07:02
"100% on time". Ha, what a load of garbage. This just proves that yet again, Sony spends way too much time on development and still come up short. Weather updates? lol. How useless. If I needed to know whether I needed to use an umbrella today, I think it would make more sense to look out my window than to have to turn on my tv and ps3, then go to Home, and wait for it to load up enough to show whether It's currently raining. And I thought Diablo 3 was a long wait. Watch, Sony delays Home for a few more years and we might not even see it until the ps4 comes around. :P

Accordion
September 2nd, 2008, 16:17
Things like this are good ideas, but the implementation of them as separate applications makes them useless.

If i could get weather and news updates running behind the XMB and be able to control both the XMB and the feed at the same time i think i would use it alot.

Like folding@home, i am less inclined to actively start up such features but i do see the benefit. Why can't F@H be running in the background during all idle time, whether i am listening to music or checking my messages?