View Full Version : Legion (&Legion Online) 29/08/08 Version

wraggster
September 1st, 2008, 20:48
Smealum posted this in the Homebrew Bounty (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=102877)

Legion is a top-view 3D shooter set in a post-apocalyptic universe comparable to that of the Fallout series. It is both playable online with 3 other players and offline, as there is a very complete story going through 12 different levels in which you'll be killing bad guys, bosses, driving vehicles...

http://www.youtube.com/v/YogXUXW_16s

Feature list :
- A complete storyline with a very complete background world.
- Humouristic writing with CHAP's random sentences.
- Completely original graphics all made by Lobo.
- Completely original music composed by ZeBlackos.
- 4 difficulty modes (Easy, Normal, Hard, A cup of Tea)
- 3 unlockable weapons.
- 12 full solo maps.
- 8 online maps.
- 4 player online games.
- 3 different online game modes (deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture the flag)
- 13 skins to choose from when playing online.
- Vehicle driving !
- Different solo map objectives and boss fights !
- A particle engine used to render blood.
- A MiniMap on the top screen which shows you your enemies' position in real time and your objectives.
- A compass that helps you find your way.
- A health indicator which shows up when you shoot an enemy.
- A lock on aiming system.
- A website where you can see server status, player stats and other info about the game.

How to play :
Solo :
- D-PAD/ABXY to move
- Stylus to aim
- Double tap stylus on enemy : lock on
- Double tap stylus on Brutus : toggle crouch
- Select to bring up weapon mod menu
- Start to put the game on pause
- R/L to shoot.
- R/L close to an enemy will make Brutus punch him
Online :
- D-PAD/ABXY to move
- Stylus to aim
- Double tap stylus on Brutus : toggle crouch
- Select switch weapons
- Start to disconnect from the server and go back to main menu
- R/L to shoot.

Installation :

Legion/Legion Online needs to be DLDI patched. The rom can be placed anywhere on your card, however, the legion/legiononline directory must be placed at your card's root.

QUOTE(Please Note)
The online mode for this game has been fully tested with four players without any problems. It is possible that issues will appear because of a high ping. The main server is located in France, so anyone too far away might have trouble playing.
The only way to resolve this is to make your own server in your country.
That is why I have included the windows and linux binaries for Legion Online's server. The server automatically connects to the main listing server which will make your own server visible and accessible to everyone playing the game.

Also, it is recommended that you do not download these binaries from any other website than isawtheassassin.com/smea/Legion/Release/ (or a big website you trus like gbatemp.net, as long as the file has been posted by an admin or something) as they may be altered by ill-intended people.

Lastly, the server runs by default on port 4235. I included a .bat which should show you how to use the server's arguments.

Download :
Legion (Solo) - Final Version
Legion (Online) - Final Version (updated since neoflash, please redownload if you have downloaded it before august 29th, or from an other website as this new version provides essential bug fixes !)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Solah
September 1st, 2008, 22:25
This looks like a game worth downloading.
If I do like this game, I may host a server 24/7.

Edit: Ah, Hmm. I installed everything into my Games N Music "Games" Root folder and into a sub root of a folder called "Legion". I then placed another folder inside and called it "legiononline". I patched everything and thought I did it right. I turned it on and for the online play it goes white and the original non-online game doesn't even run.

What could I be doing wrong?

trugamer
September 1st, 2008, 22:47
The root means inside no other folder, including the games one. Also the legiononline folder needs to be in the root as well.

If you don't want to see the folders on your gnm simply hide them. You can still put the .nds files into the games folder.

Solah
September 1st, 2008, 22:54
I understand now! Thanks So Much!

Single player works but online doesn't.

LegionOnline.nds error;
Connecting via WFC data
Could not connect!

trugamer
September 1st, 2008, 22:58
Glad I could help. Its a great game and I look forward to seeing you online

EDIT: Have you set up online on a commercial game or Dsorganize? Does it work with any other homebrew? Are you using dhcp or manual setup? is broadcast ssid on your access point on? sorry for all the questions but it could be several things.

Solah
September 1st, 2008, 23:14
Glad I could help. Its a great game and I look forward to seeing you online

Once I get online to work, Can you help me by pointing me into the right direction on fixing the error I have pointed out above. This may help a lot of viewers and readers also gamers who have difficulty like I am right now.

You are helping tons. :D
I've downloaded the organizer and I went the the browser (The list of things on my card) and I clicked on the legiononline.ds
Error;

You haven't patched DSOrganize with any DLDI file. To Chishm loader requires you to have a DLDI patched DSOrganize or a dldi file in your resources directory.
Everything else seems to be fine on the organizer instead of this. I've patched pretty much the DSOrganize.nds files, Is there one I am missing?
I didn't understand your broadcast ssid question.
The browser on the Organizer, I made it work.

EDIT:
I mean the web browser I got to work. I just don't understand the file browser. The only part is Chishm Loader. I dont think I have that, where could I find this?

trugamer
September 1st, 2008, 23:25
Read the edit :)

Talking on forums live isn't easy I know.

Basically most homebrew needs the wireless settings to be aleady in the ds firmware. There are also known to be problems with dhcp (automatically getting ip addresses) and if ssid broadcast is turned off.

I do understand there is nothing more annoying than someone asking about your problem and there being no replies.

Edit: I've also noticed the number of people watching this thread steadily increase.

If it works on dsorganize I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with legion, except for perhaps legion's coding doesn't like your access point. The dldi problem is probably down to a corrupt sd card, back everything on it up, format it and put everything back on.

SSID being on means your wireless access point/router is broadcasting its existence. Its quite easy to check, simply scan in the dsorganize wifi configuration and if it comes up its broadcasting. If it isn't on you'll have to change your router settings, but if it is off it'll probably be off for a reason (its good to keep these things hidden)

Add new posts it'll help me keep up, just don't double post.

Edit: (i know messiest post ever) When you say you got the browser to work do you mean the file browser or the web browser?

If you don't have the chism loader I recommend you download the gnm version of dsorganise and replace all the dsorganise files with that. If you did that I recommend fixing any card corruption using the format method above. The chism loader itself is a binary called load.bin (i think) in the resources folder of the dsorganize folder. I can't stay on much longer I'm afraid, I have school tomorrow and its past midnight. And please reply not edit :)

trugamer
September 2nd, 2008, 00:54
<no longer relevant please delete>

Solah
September 2nd, 2008, 01:20
I'm stuck on a screen now since I have the loader.. It keeps saying;

Attempting to launch your file with the Chishm Loader.

Edit: Goodnight. Maybe we can both go into the DSO Irc chat and private chat witheach other :)

trugamer
September 2nd, 2008, 01:29
honestly I have no idea, it works fine for me. I'll see if I can come up with a solution tomorrow. Until then, good night.

Solah
September 2nd, 2008, 04:54
Yes, I figured it out! Wooohoo! All I needed to do is actually config the router settings on DSO because finding the AP wouldn't let you.

Solah
September 2nd, 2008, 12:55
I got it to work! Woo! Hopefully we can play with each other soon. Thanks a bunch for the help. I knew if someone points me into the right direction id get it sooner or later. When I want to learn something, I never give up. May have took me 4 hours but it's always a blast to know how to play games on wifi.

Sorry if I doubled posted, I didn't know if the post went through or not, It only gave me the first page, not the second.

trugamer
September 2nd, 2008, 20:29
Great to here you got it working, once your over the first few problems with homebrew it gets a lot easier and you'll be helping others in no time.

My email is at the side (the msn button) if you want to arrange a game sometime, that offer is open to everybody who reads this post.