PDA

View Full Version : Why PSP is the most powerful homebrew machine

IndianCheese
November 29th, 2005, 04:51
PSP is DEFINATELY the most powerful and popular homebrew execution device on the market. Don't believe me? Check the points:

WiFi capabilities
Ease of coding with Lua
Well-known so many coders that know of it can create programs
Perfect control layout for homebrew games
IR Port (which Sony, unlike homebrewers, laughingly has not used yet)
No modding required (hard or soft)
Optional 4GB hard drive for all that stuff
Easy install guides are everywhere
The ability to play music, video, and graphic files not included with the firmware's built-in codec

If anyone has anything more to add, feel free!

Virus
November 29th, 2005, 06:11
send files to other psp under 2mb soon mybe more

TrumpetNemo
November 29th, 2005, 08:18
Fairly easy file systems to hack.

P.S. love the avatar, Virus.

Mental2k
November 29th, 2005, 13:55
Was this needed, seems a lot like spam to me.

ultros
November 29th, 2005, 17:57
Was this needed, seems a lot like spam to me.

he is just waiting for someone who says that the GP2X is the better machine for homebrew (actually the PSP is no homebrew machine, but a commercial closed source system), so he can spam even more. ;)

lowride
November 30th, 2005, 16:53
Im thinking of upgrading my 1.5 to 2.6. Because homebrew isnt really producing anything special for me, not enough to justify not having a web browser.

When i bought one i was hoping homebrew could allow play of the some good old multiplayer games, full web, wireless msn + cam, skype, films, maybe some music, word/powerpoint/excel/pdf view and edit, TV/Sky remote, PS2/3 controller, send files to phones and other PSP's, easy simple online play (envy DS), access to multiple email, RSS is good and more that i cant remember.

Though, there is some stuff that is very useful like PC remote control and PSP Radio. Some things are there, I guess i need to be patient. But Sony's actually doing a good job with their firmwares. who would have thought it?

nonzero
November 30th, 2005, 22:44
[insert drivel]

Boy do you post some crap. Why not save time in the future and just do as above?