PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen fantasy: FF creator adopts DS !

wraggster
February 3rd, 2005, 19:51
The man who brought the glorious universe of Final Fantasy to adventure fans across the world is working on a new RPG for the Nintendo DS.[br]Japanese mag Famitsu, the holy grail of eastern videogame news, is reporting that Hironobu Sakaguchi has begun work on the project at his new Mistwalker studio.[br][br]Details are scarce on the game itself - not least the title - but Sakaguchi-san promised that the touchscreen would be used heavily and suggested that wireless multiplay would also be an important part of the experience.[br][br]The Final Fantasy pedigree on the project is impressive. Sakaguchi-san himself will act as producer, while Hideo Minaba, who has worked on numerous FF titles including Final Fantasy IX and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, assumes the role of art director.[br][br]Storyline is clearly an important aspect of the project too, since Sakaguchi-san has split development between two teams: one to concentrate on the gameplay, and another to work exclusively on design and plot.[br]We'd love to have more details, but the prospect of such hallowed FF veterans working on a DS RPG already has us more than excited. It's about time somebody exploited the capabilities of the DS touchscreen for RPG combat and inventory management, and used wireless networking for some multiplayer adventuring. Hopefully Sakaguchi-san's project will be one of many.[br][br]More info as soon as we get it.

Zaneblade
February 4th, 2005, 17:09
i cant wait!

ptr.exe
February 4th, 2005, 19:29
good news :) but i'm worried they'll make a hack 'n' slash game like they did with FF:CC on GC, i liked that but it wasn't really on a par with the proper turn-based FF games. I felt the fighting system really let it down but the multiplayer more than made up for that.

Zaneblade
February 5th, 2005, 00:22
yea it bet it will be a hack n' slash!! i would love it to be like FF10! the timebased battle was amazing and so was the lvling!