PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 2.60 (More Details)

wraggster
November 29th, 2005, 14:30
The USA site has now been updated with whats new:

Features updated in system software version 2.60 include the following:

[RSS Channel] has been added as a feature under [Network]. [Volume Adjustment] has been added as an option in the [LocationFree™ Player] control panel. [Simplified Chinese (GB18030)]* and [Traditional Chinese (Big5)] have been added as options to [Encoding] under [View] in the [Internet Browser] menu bar. * The option has some limitations. For details, see "About the Internet Browser's Chinese fonts". Copyright-protected video data provided by a content provider or other services can now be downloaded directly to a Memory Stick Duo™ using the [Internet Browser]. For details, contact the video content provider. Note that some content providers may charge fees for obtaining or using copyright-protected video. Downloadable copyright-protected video may not be available in all countries and regions.

Music data in WMA (Windows Media® Audio) format can now be played under [Music]. (This applies to music saved on Memory Stick Duo™ media.)
WMA9 Professional, WMA9 Lossless and copyright-protected WMA files are not supported. Note that you must activate the [Enable WMA Playback] setting to play music data in WMA format.

[Enable WMA Playback] has been added as a setting under [System Settings]. A connection to the Internet is required to activate this setting.

Full info here --> http://www.us.playstation.com/psp.aspx?id=SoftwareUpdate

Mew
November 29th, 2005, 15:44
boring!......
I WON'T update!!

urherenow
November 29th, 2005, 18:04
no apparant security updates... perhaps the psar dumper/mph loader will work with this as well? oh well... I won't try 'till the mph loader has more stuff working anyway

pepegomez
November 29th, 2005, 18:59
why did they update it again?
what they added seems to be very unintressting and not really usable.
did the community found a 2,5 exploit which they want to update?

YourStillWithMe
November 29th, 2005, 19:32
None of the updates interest me. There isn't even anything remotely interesting in this new update compared to 2.50. IF YOUR GOING TO UPDATE just go upt to 2.50. . .at least there working on an exploit for that. If in the future we can take pics with the new firmwares or record video straight onto the stick than i will consider updating until than

suck it Sony

You=stupid.

Chazzmos
November 29th, 2005, 22:59
God Sony get on my goat. Really bit of a nothin' upgrade just so newly developed games will require a later firmware forcing a mass update ala GTA.

Once they get flash support I'll be happy. Flash games on little ol' PSP would be pretty gnarly.

LC_killer
November 29th, 2005, 23:12
how does the wma sound on here, any body try the update? is it worth it?

xuphorz
November 29th, 2005, 23:14
the only reason i'd upgrade to a non-reversible firmware is when i can view media files through url

-LO-LEADER2
November 29th, 2005, 23:47
Yea, that would be the only reason i would update too