PDA

View Full Version : Gecko OS 1.06f with Ocarina & Gamecube Mode!!

wraggster
September 2nd, 2008, 16:31
An awesome release from Nuke (http://usbgecko.blogspot.com/2008/09/gecko-os-106f-with-ocarina-gamecube.html)

Gecko 1.06f + Ocarina & Gamecube Game Support
---------------------------------------------

GeckoOS is now combined with ocarina, with lots of bugs fixed. This is not a major release but alot of nice things have been fixed.

Things fixed.

1. Gamecube Games / Imports now supported (thanks bushing!)
2. Date and Time issue fixed in games like Wii Sports, Brawl.
3. Glitching games fixed, i.e Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles, Metroid Prime 3 etc.
4. Sound fixed in Twilight Princess when using Gecko OS, WiiRD
5. SD Card bug fixed. Now you can still access the SD Card when using ocarina.

Added.

1. Ocarina (thanks Link)
2. Some Extra hook types.
3. Turn Off and On Ocarina.

Some backend features have been added.

Things to note:

Ocarina just works as before, the codes need to be placed in the folder 'codes' on the SD card.
Ocarina can be turned off in the config menu.

Check out the USB Gecko Forums www.usbgecko.com/forums if need any help.

Big thanks to

Link for Ocarina, code manager and lots of other great tools.
Kenobi & Y.S for the cheat handler!.

Also Foxx, James0x57, SMK, ZiT, and all USB Gecko forum members!

Please also free to come visit us on IRC, all you need is Mirc client www.mirc.com

Server:

irc.lostcarrier.net

Channel:

#usbgecko

Nuke.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
September 2nd, 2008, 18:39
yea finally, just what i've been waiting for :D

EDIT: thanks btw xD
i hope it works with super mario galaxy, it didn't before but it may be cus i had all sorts of cheats enabled that maybe doesn't work with ocarina :p

sean.aaron
September 2nd, 2008, 21:32
I'll be interested to see how this works with Mr. Driller Drill Land...

____anders____
September 3rd, 2008, 22:46
it works like a charm, it was just my SMG disc that couldn't be read those times i tried before, but it works now anyway and with ocarina too :)

kevenz
September 4th, 2008, 00:30
I may look like a noob, but what's the utility of this thing?

h2923j42n2
September 4th, 2008, 05:15
I may look like a noob, but what's the utility of this thing?

If I understand you correctly, this program can be used to boot imports of Wii and GameCube games. In addition to that, it allows you to use cheat codes on Wii games, but not GameCube games.

Also, it does have some extra features, but I'm pretty sure that you need a USB Gecko for them.

sean.aaron
September 4th, 2008, 10:45
If I understand you correctly, this program can be used to boot imports of Wii and GameCube games. In addition to that, it allows you to use cheat codes on Wii games, but not GameCube games.

Also, it does have some extra features, but I'm pretty sure that you need a USB Gecko for them.

Yeah, combined with the actual USB Gecko hardware it can be used for Wii Development.

This is the original and best region-free software solution for Hombrew if I'm not mistaken; the fact that they got Gamecube support in from Wii mode is excellent.