PDA

View Full Version : Gears 2 "85/90%" complete

Shrygue
September 2nd, 2008, 19:08
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=196322)

Gears of War 2 is "85/90%" complete, series mastermind and PR pet Cliff Bleszinski has revealed.

The 360-exclusive sequel joins other first-party efforts Viva Piņata: Trouble in Paradise, which is almost in the shops, and Fable II, which is (apparently) finished and 'gold'.

Speaking to Xbox World 360, Cliffy said, "We're basically at the 85/90% polish stage right now, doing some last minute optimisations.

"I boot the game up every morning and go through campaign mode, making sure it's all stitched together and batshit insane." Lovely.

Mr. B also made comment on Gears' now infamous grey colour palette, promising that the second is a least a bit more colourful.

"We kind of actively aimed for the de-saturated look, but its since become de riguer for this generation of games," said the chainsaw-gun man. "I think that's why something like Mirror's Edge has become kind of like an oasis in the desert of E3 - 'Look! There's a red crate! I love you!'

"We actually have a little more colour in Gears 2 - reds, oranges. Hopefully you've noticed. What I can tell you is that if there was a Gear 3 it'll be a total disco town: purples, pinks and greens everywhere!"

Gears number 2 is out on November 7. Read the fully interview with Bleszinski in Xbox World 360 issue 70, in shops tomorrow.