PDA

View Full Version : I feel sick...

IndianCheese
November 30th, 2005, 02:48
BRLAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Oops; looks like I just barfed all over version 2.60.

Sony is really mad now. They aren't even putting any effort into making the updates (which always contain security enhancements) seem worthwhile to upgrade to. I mean, come on? RSS Channel? Who ever heard of it? WMA playback? Why not MP3? But I do have a question: are hack teams trashing their 2.50 work to try to hack 2.60, or are soem continuing to work on both?

NOTE: This can also be the official "I didn't update!" thread (in contrast to the PlayStation message boards' "I updated!" threads.)

bugo
December 12th, 2005, 06:41
??? so, are you sick about that?
Well, im not sick, but im waiting and counting every hour for anyone to release an especific way to run ISO´s on the 2.00, 2.50 or 2.60, is it possible? No, i know its not, yet...

And yes! Sony is really taking care about the homebrew scene I think.
There are games now that is not being playable, and games that cannot be bootable.
(If I just knew some coding...)

Just waiting...
Sorry my english (brazilian)

bobcobb
December 12th, 2005, 23:27
I hope you can't ever load isos on 2.0/2.5/2.6. Isos are the whole reason Sony is being so pissy. They don't really care about simple homebrew, it is the piracy that needs to be stopped. If there was no piracy, we all could play homebrew and never worry about firmware updates.

Illegal Machine
December 20th, 2005, 12:26
dude, whatever Bob.

Last time I checked Midway arcade treasures was selling for about 50 bucks?

well guess what? Sony doesnt want YO Uand I making our own Emulator packs with 100's of games for free!

they don't care about homebrew? whatever dude...and I know that homebrew doesnt stop at emulators, it's just all I care about.

djub
December 20th, 2005, 18:45
What's so special about being able to load homebrew apps when the most impressive homebrew apps are the ones you are using to load your homebrew apps?

Are the brightest minds being kept busy with upgrades, downgrades, and GTA ?
Imagine what those minds could have done for Homebrew if Sony stayed at 1.5.
Of course you may then be content with your little device and the many odd things it does, lowering your "need" to play/buy games.

We all know, you can only make your PSP better, by buying games and movies for it.

zackforbing
December 23rd, 2005, 19:05
sony could make money offthe homebrew scene. say, selling a devkit? no reverse engineering necessary? the homebrew scene would EXPLODE with growth, and Sony would be able to make money from it.

Garak
December 23rd, 2005, 19:35
The small amount of money Sony would make by selling official dev kits would not come close to the amount of money they would lose as a result of it.

If they sold devkits and any Joe Schmo could buy them, people would buy PSPs and rarely ever buy a PSP games, because there would be thousands of awsome free games. And selling PSP games is where sony makes the bulk of its money. You might think that selling millions of PSP systems = BIG BUCKS for soney, but it doesn't. They make their real money from selling games/movies for the PSP. Anything that cuts into that market (Free Hombrew Games) is certainly frowned upon in the eyes of Sony.

Garak