PDA

View Full Version : Dgen PSP v1.20 (Genesis Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
December 1st, 2005, 21:11
Syn-Z (http://syn-k.sakura.ne.jp/dgen_psp/) has updated what is now the best Genesis Emulator for the PSP (We need a new PSPGenesis release /me looks for Sougen), heres whats new via translation:

*Ver 1.20 (2005.12/01. ) Thanks to Smiths for the Excellent translation :)
+ Core Switches
- Switched 68K core to high-speed MUSASHI 3.3
- Switched Z80 Core
- High-speed 68K Core and Z80 Core appropriated from NeoCDPSP (thanks Yoyofr)
+ Added key config for core switching / reset

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/dgenpsp.shtml

b8a
December 1st, 2005, 21:21
If anybody's wondering, that little bit of Japanese text is "key config":

"* Core change and reset were added to the key config"

Just trying to clear up any possible confusion

MGFox
December 1st, 2005, 21:42
Doesn't work on the 2.00 Eboot Loader 0.8.5...screen just goes black!

Good work though! I loved this emulator when I was on 1.50.

Cheers,
Fox

davecheese1971
December 1st, 2005, 23:00
It's the best yet as the sound problem finally seems to be sorted. Cannot get the 1.50 eboot to work on my downgraded psp, but the 1.00 eboot works fine!

Great work!

pkmusicmaker
December 1st, 2005, 23:58
I love these guys. It's nice to have an emulator updated so often, keep it up!

Chackan
December 2nd, 2005, 01:27
When do you release a 2.0 dgen? :)

Terial
December 2nd, 2005, 04:50
Do you see this sougen!? Your throne has been stolen away!!!!!!!! come back to us sougen! come baaahaaaaaaaack.............back.........sougen

zackforbing
December 2nd, 2005, 07:46
now all we need is for someone...ANYONE...to update a SNES emulator...anyone? beuller?

Psphreak
December 2nd, 2005, 08:22
I never thought I'd see the day but yes, this version of Dgen is indeed better than the last version of Pspgenesis. Sound works much better now, just can't get Super Street Fighter 2 yet though :(.

geise69
December 2nd, 2005, 12:34
To me DGEN has been better for the past few releases. I still wish that some games like Contra Hard Corps would work without graphics glitches. It runs fine in pspgenesis just slow. I wish both were updated frequently so we could have competition going. That's always good for emulation. Who knows, they could even brainstorm together and get more accomplished. This is an amazing release.

jwilds73
December 2nd, 2005, 12:51
Only bug I had in prior release and havent tested this one yet. Is in Justice League Task Force I'd have characters completely disappear from the screen when I was fighting, either both me or my opponent. And a couple games that wouldn't boot up at all. All in all I like Dgen more and it seems to only be getting better and better.

Elbereth
December 2nd, 2005, 12:52
This is actually for me too, the first release of DGen that surpasses PSPGenesis. Sound is good now, and it has more features than PSPGenesis.

Very good work! :)

miemt11
December 2nd, 2005, 13:04
Sound and music is better now, but some new graphics problem

geise69
December 2nd, 2005, 15:13
Yeah I guess that DGEN still has some raster effects and other gfx glitches to fix. I don't know how much of a speed increase there really is, since there was work on the 68k and stuff. I'm hoping sooner or later to have 0 frameskip with about 60fps. 1 framskip works great for most games, but still some need at least framskip 2. However this is always getting better with each new release.

indstr
December 2nd, 2005, 16:45
will savegames from pspgenesis work in dgen?

i will try this version out tonight. i have been disappointed by previous dgen releases though

Illegal Machine
December 2nd, 2005, 21:34
so this is totally 500% better than PSPGenesis, right down to the indivual rom settings customization. the only bug Ive found so far is in the key config,

it doesnt exactly work as it should when assign other keys to the R button.

like when i play forgotten worlds it just plays better when you set the sattelite rotation to the triggers, and when youre not firing the trigger makes the sattelite orbit 360 degrees. when youre fifing it just spins on its axis wherever its at that moment but stays stationary.

heres the bug, when you are firing and hit R to rotate the sattelite, it makes it orbit instead, and it's just not supposed to do that. the L button works fine, the originaly set buttons work as they should.. but R just wont.

Im not saying this makes it a crappy emu at all.. Im just putting it in so maybe someone can pass it on to one of the devs if possible

all in all totally awesome, made me finally replace PSPGenesis! can't wait for the next update on this one