PDA

View Full Version : I've been converted too

mike_jmg
September 5th, 2008, 19:43
I'm getting a 360 in a few days

Is not like I was planing on getting one, is just that it kinda fell over me. I was helping my cousin with her studies the other day and she said she doesn't play her Xbox 360 anymore and wanted to sell it(don't have any idea why she got it), in fact she never played it much.

The thing is, she lend it to a friend and it came back broken, system failure or something E 74 (hardware error, overheating or something). She asked me to take it into repair so she could sell it, but now, she doesn't have the money for the repair. So I offered to pay for the repair and give her some more money in order to keep it.

It is one of the first ones wich came with only one heat disipator, they guy I took it to made some weird arrangements and gave me something like a new warranty for 8 months after repair. An UPS dude is coming to pick it up or something, and once repaired it will be delivered to my place (Don't really know how he pulled that off)

Anyway, I wanted to know If you guys could recomend me some games, besides DMC4, Burnout Paradise, Gears of War and Ninja Gaiden

Anything is acceptable but sports games, although my brothers are definitely buying FIFA09, against my will of course

Thanks

Darksaviour69
September 5th, 2008, 22:35
Halo 3, mass effect, Bio shock are 3 that come to mind.

XBLA: RezHD and Braid

mike_jmg
September 6th, 2008, 15:07
Bio shock looks really nice

Triv1um
September 6th, 2008, 15:28
Yeah, Bioshock is amazing.

- Viva pinata is a great game
- Oblivion GOTY is a must have
- Assassins Creed is good.

I personally wouldnt bother with Halo 3, but you might like it. Alot of people do.

Although its shit, Crackdown is quite fun and its cheap.

DPyro
September 6th, 2008, 15:45
Why would you buy a broken first gen Xbox 360?

Eviltaco64
September 6th, 2008, 16:07
That's good if you get it at a reasonable price.
If it's a first gen Xbox 360, dont game on it too much. It will probably get the RRoD sooner or later.

Shadowblind
September 6th, 2008, 17:20
If you like any form of JRPG or RPG ever made, check out Tales of Vesperia. Best JRPG I have played in YEARS. Also my second favorite game of all time now :)

Also check out:

Star wars: the force Unleashed
Warriors Orochi 2
Infinite undiscovery
HAWX
Fable II
Castle Crashers
Bionic Commando
Fallout 3
Far Cry 2
Halo Wars
Project origin
gears of War 2
Call of Duty World at War
banjo-Kazooie
Prince of persia
Left 4 Dead
Last Remnant
Sonic Unleashed
Bioshock
Mass Effect
halo 3

masterchief929
September 6th, 2008, 17:46
The first games that came to mind was Assassins Creed and Halo3

wolfpack
September 6th, 2008, 20:08
Orange box if you dont already have it for pc :)

Also, GTA 4, its really fun for online play :)

mike_jmg
September 7th, 2008, 06:47
That's good if you get it at a reasonable price.
If it's a first gen Xbox 360, dont game on it too much. It will probably get the RRoD sooner or later.

yeah, it is a reasonable price, at least for my country and the guy who is sending it to repair told me I was getting some new parts or something like that and that it had warranty for 8 months on anything that could happen. (It sounds too good to be true)

Also, what is exactly the RROD, I know the four control lights turn red, but what happens to the console??

About the games, Turok looks great, a good no thinking just kill anything game :thumbup:, specially dinosaurs:thumbup:

edit: will the extra cooling fan help a little in not getting the RROD?

edit 2: sorry three flashing lights and damn, this sucks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RROD#General_hardware_failure

I'm gonna game the hell out of that thing for those 8 months in hopes of getting the RROD and geting it replaced, well maybe

Eviltaco64
September 7th, 2008, 14:19
yeah, it is a reasonable price, at least for my country and the guy who is sending it to repair told me I was getting some new parts or something like that and that it had warranty for 8 months on anything that could happen. (It sounds too good to be true)

Also, what is exactly the RROD, I know the four control lights turn red, but what happens to the console??

About the games, Turok looks great, a good no thinking just kill anything game :thumbup:, specially dinosaurs:thumbup:

edit: will the extra cooling fan help a little in not getting the RROD?

edit 2: sorry three flashing lights and damn, this sucks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RROD#General_hardware_failure

I'm gonna game the hell out of that thing for those 8 months in hopes of getting the RROD and geting it replaced, well maybe

Yeah, the RRoD happens to so many Xbox 360s.
If the guy fixing it replaces the heatsinks (or uses X-Clamp) and puts some pressure under the ram, then you probably wont have any more problems ;)

Triv1um
September 8th, 2008, 00:01
Do NOT buy turok.

Jesus christ, just dont do it.

jamotto
September 8th, 2008, 00:58
Rent Turok first, it is a solid game but it is not for everyone.

mike_jmg
September 8th, 2008, 06:01
I don't know Turok looks good but if you tell me it has the same inverted controls as before i'm not getting it

it's just that when i played turok back on the n64 the controls felt inverted, as i'm really used to use the left analog stick to walk and the right one to aim

Otherwise I think it's ok, although I'll rent it first, just in case

Yeah, the RRoD happens to so many Xbox 360s.
If the guy fixing it replaces the heatsinks (or uses X-Clamp) and puts some pressure under the ram, then you probably wont have any more problems ;)

Sorry for my bad english I called the heatsink a disipator:o, didn't knew the name of that piece

Yes, the guy told me the heatsink is getting replaced and another one is going to be added, he showed me that the first 360s had only one heatsink but the newer ones have another one connected to the first one, wich helps a lot in preventing the RROD.

So mine will end up with two, guess I don't have to worry that much about the RROD:thumbup:

I feel it's taking forever to get over with this repair, but that's a good thing, cause I don't have the money just yet:p

DarthPaul
September 9th, 2008, 14:52
I'd recommend:

Gears of War, Dead Rising, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, BioShock, The Orange Box, Grand Theft Auto IV, The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition), Mass Effect, Halo 3.

And from the games coming soon:

Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead.

mike_jmg
September 17th, 2008, 00:02
I appreciate your help people my 360 is still nowhere near being fixed but I'm planning ahead and thinking on expanding the library to Xbox one games (it has backwards compatibility too, right)

I'm thinking Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick, I'm not really a fan of the Halo series. So if you have any recomendations they're very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Shadowblind
September 17th, 2008, 00:12
I appreciate your help people my 360 is still nowhere near being fixed but I'm planning ahead and thinking on expanding the library to Xbox one games (it has backwards compatibility too, right)

I'm thinking Doom 3 and Chronicles of Riddick, I'm not really a fan of the Halo series. So if you have any recomendations they're very much appreciated

thanks in advance

Nope. Only has cetain backwards compatible games and requires a harddrive. I never had an original Xbox so this ****ed me off pretty bad. You can find the list of playable games at xbox.com

Eviltaco64
September 17th, 2008, 00:32
Most of the good Xbox games are backwards compatible.

jamotto
September 17th, 2008, 00:43
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Most games are there, a few good ones are missing though.

mike_jmg
September 17th, 2008, 01:53
Oh ok thanks

I also was looking through game reviews and trailers of the games you've mentioned so far, they all look very nice

But (yeah, there is always a but), why is it that almost every good game on the 360 is a FPS, I do like FPSs but I think it needs a little more variety of genres, don't you?. Cause I just went over tons.

edit: Dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball is not listed, neither chronicles of Riddick T_T
and what's that about software emulator?, I do have a hard drive. Damn, this is not coming out as well as I though, but is still ok, hope it gets repaired soon so I can play some DMC4

beetroot bertie
September 17th, 2008, 11:06
Soul Calibur 4 is good and a Guitar Hero game is always good fun. I'm also fond of Call Of Duty 3 because the online multiplayer is very good. It has it's flaws and the single player campaign is a little lacking but the multiplayer always entertains. It's probably my fave 360 game truth be told and it will be really cheap now.

As for Xbox 1 games some of ones I like are Outrun 2, Soul Calibur 2, Super Monkey Ball Deluxe, Links 2004 and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection.

Darksaviour69
September 18th, 2008, 22:16
Oh ok thanks

I also was looking through game reviews and trailers of the games you've mentioned so far, they all look very nice

But (yeah, there is always a but), why is it that almost every good game on the 360 is a FPS, I do like FPSs but I think it needs a little more variety of genres, don't you?. Cause I just went over tons.

edit: Dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball is not listed, neither chronicles of Riddick T_T
and what's that about software emulator?, I do have a hard drive. Damn, this is not coming out as well as I though, but is still ok, hope it gets repaired soon so I can play some DMC4

get: REZ HD and Braid on xbla. They are remaking chronicles of Riddick for the 360 (and ps3 i think)

mike_jmg
September 19th, 2008, 20:23
Thanks, I will

Well If I ever recieve the box in wich I'm supposed to send it into repair (Damn UPS is taking Forever, that, if the repair guy already made the arrangements)

A friend of mine says this repair guy is trust worthy but I'm not so sure anymore cause I'm very tired of waiting (it's been 2 weeks, and he told me it was going to be 5 business days).

Only good thing is that I have his cell phone and I know where he lives

All I can do is wait, he said that if it doesn't arrive by monday, he would do it himself, the sending and receiving part. But that only means more waiting. I think I'd better take this matter into my own hands and try and send it by myself, don't really know why I need this guy :confused:, there is some kind of service at the xbox webpage. (maybe he has some kind of leverage or something but I don't really know)

There is also another guy whom I already know, he was the one that modded and fixed my ps2, but he is really a cheap bastard, and I don't want to deal with him anymore.
He said he would have it in 2 days and that he would put the second heatsink, but I don't really trust his fixings

This has gone too far, I don't know what to do

I'll think over the weekend and go se the /airquotes/ trusty guy on monday, hope that by then I've decided what to do

edit: it seems noone cares about my thread anymore LOL

But I got a newsflash, it is getting repaired, and all by the same guy, turns out he really is trust worthy, just got my reference number and it's all UPSs fault :thumbup:

their procesing my shipping order, hope the damn UPS dude doesn't take too long to come