PDA

View Full Version : Is Firmware 2.6 buggy for you?

wraggster
December 2nd, 2005, 10:29
Source - PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2005/12/01/poll-is-firmware-2-6-buggy-for-you/)

PSP Fanboy reader Ryan writes in asking if the 2.6 firmware has some bugs. He notes, "I installed it just fine and then added the wma support which seemed to go just fine. I transferred a bunch of wma songs over as i have done many times with the mp3 format. The songs play fine until you try to skip forward (cue) through a song. Doing this seems to immediately lock up the PSP. The only way to stop it is forcing a restart buy holding the power switch off for a good 7-8 seconds till it powers off or to remove the battery. Then you restart. I was able to repeat this 'lock up' every time and on different songs in different folders."

Has anybody else seen this? What about any other bugs since the firmware update? I've had the Browser crash on me not once, but three different times when I was trying to load Yahoo!'s podcasting service to grab a few items for RSS Channel. This wasn't a light crash either. Each time, my entire PSP rebooted. Not cool.

zackforbing
December 2nd, 2005, 15:13
as if anybody here has actually upgraded.

jetkey885
December 2nd, 2005, 17:43
i don't think anyone here would be stupid enough to do such a thing to their psp but you, sorry, no help on that here because one one upgrade. try emailing sony.

cloudd
December 2nd, 2005, 17:50
ya screw the upgrades. I'd buy a psp just for home brew even if I couldn't play any actual psp games. Sony is going to have to bring out a lot of games before I am willing to fork out $300 Cad for another psp to play their at the moment shit library. If there is a hack to kernel mod soon that'd be great but I'm not upgrading unless I can go back.

cloudd
December 2nd, 2005, 17:52
Anyways if it was not for homebrew anyways I would have never bought a PSP. So I guess the psp never appealed to me anyways without homebrew. Although ps3 is looking worthy I must say. Xbox360 looks liek I am wasting my money I think.

guthix
December 2nd, 2005, 20:40
Friend's psp has the same problem, =[

motormaniac
December 2nd, 2005, 23:37
i upgraded, havent had probelms yet

urherenow
December 3rd, 2005, 03:53
umnnn.... did you try fast forwarding through a .wma file yet like the message says? I won't upgrade either...