PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Ask its Members #1 - What Would You Like To See At DCEmu

wraggster
September 5th, 2008, 22:37
Hi all sometimes its nice to hear from all those who visit our network of Homebrew and Gaming sites and what ideas you would like to see at DCEmu, whilst we cant physically do everything and to be fair no site can, it would be great to use some of the best ideas on the site,

So do you have any ideas, say for new sites, new forums, mods for this forum, changes you think would help the community for the better (hopefully if things turn out right we may have contests for free commercial games anytime soon but im chatting to a pr company and hopefully it will happen soon.

Is there anything we as a homebrew community can do to make sure that the mainstream gaming and tech sites stop labelling homebrew as piracy (Only this week a big 3rd party publisher which will remain nameless, have said to us that they wont deal with us as they regard homebrew on console as one and the same as piracy).

Got an idea for a site that you yourself would like to run here at dcemu then speak up, sometimes its much better to hear from others and maybe we can use ideas to all our advantage.

I may not answer and to be fair im notorious for it but the other admins im sure will take your great ideas under consideration.

Fire away Via Comments

trugamer
September 5th, 2008, 23:04
I noticed CVG referenced to here when they did a story on the wiz, perhaps you could get some mutual benefit that way?

masterchief929
September 6th, 2008, 00:29
I think that on each news site like nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk, wii-news.dcemu.co.uk, etc. should have a message that says that DCEMU shuns piracy and encourages homebrew. It should be very well worded so that it is very convincing and even turns people away from piracy.

But that's just what i think. :)

Shadowblind
September 6th, 2008, 00:38
Real game previews and interviews with developers, an organized games archive, and a kickass interactive FLASH front page.

No but seriously, a more professional and organized looking front page might be more welcoming :)

fg-54
September 6th, 2008, 01:34
i second shadow, a more organized way of looking at news, reviews, forums, ect would be awesome! like ign.com

kevro
September 6th, 2008, 02:57
I check the console pages news to see if there's been any homebrew or emulator updates but if I haven't checked it in a while there's something I can miss. I would really like a separate dated list of software changes. This way I won't have to check every single emu link and app to see if it's been updated. I always like to know I have the latest version and don't want to have to get all my disks out to compare. Thanks.

silverstein101
September 6th, 2008, 04:01
i agree with what Shadowblind said, besides the flash frontpage

and with masterchief929, say NO to piracy, yes to homebrew

i wouldn't have gotten into videogames if it wasn't for pspbrew, and so far since then, i've gotten two psps(3000 coming up soon, so i'll have all 3), a ps2, an xbox, and a ps3, not to mention a ton of games

so its easy to say that homebrew helps the commercial scene (kind of off topic, but yeah)

Cerepol
September 6th, 2008, 04:33
I think that on each news site like nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk, wii-news.dcemu.co.uk, etc. should have a message that says that DCEMU shuns piracy and encourages homebrew. It should be very well worded so that it is very convincing and even turns people away from piracy.

But that's just what i think. :)

That would be nice but nothing will really turn pirates away from pirating. However we should crack done on things that might encourage pirating (A thin, thin line between homebrew and pirating).

Also I would also like to request that you make seperate RSS feeds for each section of homebrew.

Eviltaco64
September 6th, 2008, 05:34
More interviews, an arcade where I can save my scores, less ads.

Still a decent site though ;)

osgeld
September 6th, 2008, 06:32
oh i dunno, maybe the XBOX SECTION FIXED?

elk1007
September 6th, 2008, 09:12
It'd be great if the homebrew were better organized O.o

Or if there could be an RSS feed for each console.

My homepage is set to the wii news page, but I'd love if I could just check out wii scene developments in RSS.

elk1007
September 6th, 2008, 09:15
That would be nice but nothing will really turn pirates away from pirating. However we should crack done on things that might encourage pirating (A thin, thin line between homebrew and pirating).

Also I would also like to request that you make seperate RSS feeds for each section of homebrew.

I disagree. If 'grey line' homebrew/pirating is discouraged or banned, then where does the line fall?

I feel important tools for the homebrew scene including source code which MAY be used for pirating need to be shared openly. Just like in the feild of science, if you don't allow freedom of speech (so to speak) you're actually harming the output.

mike_jmg
September 6th, 2008, 14:55
Game reviews

Shadowblind
September 6th, 2008, 17:22
Game reviews

http://mac.honan.net/uploaded_images/orly-750116.jpg

http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/

mesosade
September 6th, 2008, 23:34
Forum rpg system, and for the love of god a more exciting theme both for the portal and forum!

stimo
September 12th, 2008, 05:39
a PDA/PPC/WM section would be nice

PeyeRate420
September 17th, 2008, 16:26
how about a source link when you post something EVERY SINGLE TIME...A less prude poisoned staff who uses there "Power" <-- LMAO to give contributing members a bad experience here. like qzar or however you say it. WHY IS HE STILL STAFF after so MANY users left this site because he was being a zealot. How about having an open mind and posting ALL THE NEWS regardless of the DRAMA you have with brakken not posting about the coding contest made me loose respect for the ONCE professional news reporter wraggy :(

Really we all have common goals and you need to appologize to brakken be the bigger man wraggy and post about the comp and at least explain your side of things because right now you look rather Dramatic along with brakken as well...YOUR BOTH DECENT DUDES JUST DEAL WITH YOUR MESS BRO! I remember when SP (Shadow Prophet) was around more...:( he would have been able to actually mediate this garbage drama fest you got started by NOT SOURCING and you know damn well he didnt just "make that up" i saw the post man....Point is I am just a end user like the rest of the genral population here...I rely on you BOTH for news and you really should be working together but as brakken said...You need to get your shit together" why do you think people from here meet and remain friends but tend to go to affiliate sites in the end? ITS YOU AND YOUR CRAP ASS BANN HAPPY STAFF... ENTIRE SITES have spawned because your staff is full of well...no nice way to put it...Assholes...look you can erase my statement or bann me if you want (you have done it in the past to vetta) but I AM a gamer through and through and VERY VERY active I am just trying to be honest with how i feel the site could be better. I have saw the playground,tehskeen and even QJ take DCemu's members and seem to treat them with enough respect that...THEY STAY ACTIVE ...a good community matters...dont treat them like shit and maybe said contributer and his 200+ brewing friends wont just LEAVE and make a site.... For what? just to get the news WITHOUT YOUR DRAMA!

please dont quote my post just read it...ether listen and grow up, make up with brakken...or ignore my advice and post and continue your drama....

ANOTHER THING
why do you post ADS as front page news in the CONSOLE GAMING SECTIONS? a cell phone has nothing to fookin do with my wii? LOL

BEFORE YOU ERASE MY POST OR BANN ME AGAIN OVER SOME DRAMA YOU MADE BY NOT DEALING WITH A SITUATION AT HAND STILL!...(on a personal level i am not surprised and you know why) BUT REMEMBER BRO! YOU ASKED!