PDA

View Full Version : A Good Idea For The Site

Eric
December 2nd, 2005, 19:03
First thing i have to say is i purchased a TV tuner for my computer about 2 months ago. What i thought would be a great idea for this site is if i recorded some homebrew videos and added them to the site. But i think DCemu should have a Video Section and Screenshot section for homebrew software. This would be a great way to show off what great things are available and more people would be downloading and be more interested in the Dreamcast. I can make some pretty good quality videos in MPEG format of course small files for people who want a quick peak. Im going to give a video sample of what i can create if you guys approve of this video and agree i can make more. These videos are good enough quality to show how playable the game is. Heres a video sample of Peng Swim, Quzars homebrew port.

Enjoy

Eric

JMD
December 2nd, 2005, 19:14
Hi Eric,

I think it's a nice idea.

omer
December 2nd, 2005, 20:42
yes ! good idea, and that would be well to have a " Top Downloads "

DARKGATE
December 2nd, 2005, 20:57
Bye eric, yes is a GOOOD IDEA. =)

Darksaviour69
December 2nd, 2005, 21:04
nice idea, but might be a real drain on bandwith....maybe putfile.com

xuphorz
December 3rd, 2005, 01:00
filefront.com
unlimited bandwidth, unlimited number of uploads, 1000mb (1GB) max file size.
see if there is any site out there which beats all that for free.

Eric
December 5th, 2005, 00:02
Okay i'm doing the putfile one cause i had a gateway error on the other site. Anyways its fine aslong as the file is no bigger then 29 megs i can have all the files i want on there server. So my webpage is http://www.putfile.com/dchomebrew . Im just setting up and am on Dial-Up so dont expect to much right now.

Eric

Eric
December 5th, 2005, 20:24
I have got 3 videos to the site including Pengswim.

Enjoy

Eric

Darksaviour69
December 5th, 2005, 21:11
nice one eric

Eric
December 5th, 2005, 21:16
Thanks Dark Saviour i only wish that more people can visit the site so the videos will stay up. If a video isnt watched more then 6 months its taken down. If i dont see that its active with in a good amount of time i might not do anything with it anymore.

Eric

quzar
December 5th, 2005, 22:39
If you use avi format, it will take up more space initially but after compressing it with divx or xvid you can get much higher quality and smaller file sizes

Eric
December 6th, 2005, 13:06
yeah i know my pc is a little messed and can for some reason only use mpeg as sound isnt sync with video for AVI,Divx and Xvid.

Eric
December 14th, 2005, 16:38
Hey guys another thing to keep me going with this it would be great to see some requests. So if you wish to have a game recorded let me know. I just feel as of right now it wasnt worth my time to make these recordings. Sorry if this sounds kind of harsh but im the type of person who would love to do these things if people are truly wanting this.

Sorry for the bother

Eric