PDA

View Full Version : PSPXTI: A TI-92 Calculator emulator v1.2.4

zx-81
September 6th, 2008, 14:11
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/pspxti-snap-v120.jpg

Hi all,

Summer holidays ended, it is time to go back to school, so i am sure you will enjoy a new update of pspxti the calculator emulator for PSP.

For those who haven't seen previous versions, XTiger is a unix emulator (under X Window) of a TI-92 calculator (Texas instruments).
It was originally written by Jonas Minnberg and was closed source.
Jonas Minnberg has not worked on XTiger for quite a while and he gave Misha Nasledov the code and permission to GPL it.

PSPXTI is a port on PSP a the Unix version 0.8.

What's new in this version ?

- Fix IR keyboard issue with fw >= 3.80 for FAT PSP
- Put Danzeff keyboard in a better location
- Virtual keyboard is now usable in the file requester menu
to specify the first letter of a file
- Add music in EBOOT "Below The Arctic Ocean" from Azhrak
(see http://www.jamendo.com/)
- Tested with 4.01-m33 on psp slim

You can download it here :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

It's distributed under GNU licence and sources are included.

It has been developed on linux for Firmware 1.5 and 4.01-M33, and for the IR keyboard
part it has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard on a PSP FAT.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.

Enjoy,

Zx.

osgeld
September 6th, 2008, 19:23
hehe a real reason to have a psp in the classroom

darkriku2000
September 7th, 2008, 00:22
lol

it does seem to be a nice upgrade to the average calculator application

noname1
September 7th, 2008, 09:41
I'm kinda confused:confused: how does this program work?
I tried to load a game on my psp and i pressed select+L1+L2 and nothing happens.
I think i'm doing something wrong can someone explain it better for me than the readme?

zx-81
September 7th, 2008, 10:51
you may find a copy of the manual on my blog.

to load a program / game you have to first load the .92 file using the file requester menu, then back to the emulator you have to display the virtual keyboard (start), then display the proper keyboard (with all commands such as Math, Mode, Mem, Var Link etc ...). Choose the Var-link key and all the apps you have loaded should appear.

inter3de
September 23rd, 2008, 10:51
Does this work on CFW 3.90 ?

i copied the folders and it shows up in the Game menu, but when i run it, i get "The game could not be started".

any compatible versions available? or coming ?

thanks

zx-81
September 24th, 2008, 10:58
put it rather in game380 folder ...

frusfree
October 14th, 2008, 07:35
Hi guys i've downloaded the pspxti-v1.2.4-fw4x, pspxti-v1.2.4-fw15, pspxti-v1.2.4-src. i've extracted all.
Then i tried copying them into all the PSP/GAME folders be it GAME150, GAME, GAME4XX but it is always read as Corrupted Data and unable to be accessed.:confused:

Thus would appreciate some enlightenments.

thanks.:)

zx-81
October 14th, 2008, 08:04
you need to install a custom firmware first (i'm using 4.01-m33)

pitibolas
November 28th, 2008, 05:59
hola, quiero cargar programas en este emulador de calculadora, pero marca un error de memoria, a ver si alguien puede ayudarme por favor. Saludos!!

zx-81
November 28th, 2008, 12:12
hola, quiero cargar programas en este emulador de calculadora, pero marca un error de memoria, a ver si alguien puede ayudarme por favor. Saludos!!

I can't help you if you don't give me any other informations such as the program you've tried to launch etc ..

pitibolas
November 29th, 2008, 00:13
hello, I'm trying to load a program on the emulator, but I can't because of the memory, and i want to know if anyone can help me, please.

pitibolas
November 29th, 2008, 00:36
I can't help you if you don't give me any other informations such as the program you've tried to launch etc ..

I have been trying load a lot of programs, but none works, beause it marks 'error memory', and only some functions with *.92p extension works fine, but the other programs with *.9Xg, *.92g, *.92xG, etc.. does not works. I´m looking for help, if anyone knows something about it, and excuse my english because I'm form mexico. Saludos. Thanks.

zx-81
December 1st, 2008, 21:04
only 92p file are supported ...

dd087
December 11th, 2008, 00:00
Good job man! Thanks a lot .
But I have one question. How I can store expressions (vars) to they not forgotten when psp turn off?
I saw the manual but the option in the var-link menu doesn't appear. I require so much ,I know but this option would be perfect. Thanks again. :D

zx-81
December 11th, 2008, 22:20
you have to use the exit option in the emulator menu and select "Save & Exit"

dd087
December 14th, 2008, 19:41
you have to use the exit option in the emulator menu and select "Save & Exit"
Only one thing: this emu is the best homebrew for the psp. I thank you your job of part of all of psp community. lol
Thanks for the reply.
DD087

Herlock
December 26th, 2008, 12:10
Hi,

I am a little bit confused about which ROMs PSPXTI can use:

1) It is said that it can use all TI92 ROMs and TI92+ ROM 1.1, but it seems that 1.1 does not exist - only 1.0.1 and 1.0.5. Is it a typo, and does it mean that only 1.0.1 can be used ?

2) I have tried both 1.0.1 and 1.0.5. Both of them work fine, except for the use of flash memory (reported at 300K for 1.0.1 and nearly 400K for 1.0.5 ??). When I try to archive a variable, the program shows "busy" and hangs there. Is it that Flash memory hardware is not emulated by the program at all ?

3) If so, does it mean that it is better to use TI92 Rom 2.1 (enclosed) ? I am not too clear about the differences between TI92 Roms and TI-92+ Roms, beside the obvious Flash ROM support. Do I miss any program support, math function, etc ? Or is it dangerous to use TI92+ Roms because it could hang the program anytime ?

4) I understand that in any case, I will not get any flash app supports - because this would require 2.0x ROMs that PSPXTI does not support, because it is only HW1 emulation and not HW2 emulation. But I thought that 2.0x could also be installed on HW1 machine, even if some features like the clock are not supported by HW1. Any hope that in the future we could have 2.0.9 support, hence flahs apps, incon desktop, etc ?

Many thanks and best regards,

Herlock

KaiK
February 25th, 2009, 16:45
hello,

i have been a TI-developer (homebrew) for a certain time. i was suprised to find an TI 68k emu for the psp so i tried it. and it's wonderful. :)

if you only want to use it for math then it's perfect, but when it comes to assembly software support, the TI92 is pretty much the worst choice because it's the very first of a whole series of 68K calcs.

i tried the emu out and noticed the same things herlock did. i have roms for almost all calcs. so i tried TI89 rom for HW1, it worked partially as expected (smaller screen) but the keys are completely wrong. i tried also the TI92plus rom (1.0.5) and it worked very good. you can even upload .9x* files. the only problem is that you can't archive the files, which is a problem for programs which needs much ram. many good games and also my own software needs to be archived while running because of that.

furthermore PSPXTI lacks greyscale support and has problems with loading multiple files without switching back and forth between the file loader menu and the emulator. (it has to complete the transaction before you can continue, otherwise you get into trouble because it blocks you from uploading more files.)

you ZX-81, seem to port lots of software to the psp platform, so i think you're probably not an expert for TI-calcs in general and you might not be able to fix all this issues.

so may i suggest to port the core of another emulator which supports everything? there is TiEmu, a multi-platform emulator for TI89 / TI89 Titanium / TI92 / TI92+ / V200PLT (all 68k based calcs, with very similar functionality):

http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tiemu/

i can provide you with roms for all the calcs if you need. and you can also count on me as tester.

thank you anyway. i'll keep it on my psp... :)

zx-81
March 13th, 2009, 07:22
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and comments. You're right, i've never owned a TI-92 calculator, and i didn't even know how to use it when i've tried to port tiger to psp. A friend gave me his real TI-92 to test with and to find the best hotkeys etc ... for PSP. It's a limited emu, there were many bugs in the 68k emulation part (in original emu) and i've spent nights to fix them all. Those bugs produced bad maths results, it is a bit strange for a calculator :rolleyes:

I've not a lot of spare time right now, and i'm not sure to get time and enough motivation to port another TI emu to psp. :o