PDA

View Full Version : Played Online Worldwide with my Wireless Router

wraggster
December 3rd, 2005, 01:58
Im a tight person and paying 50 dollars for a Wifi Adapter would have killed me but my NetGear wireless router once i set it up worked perfect for Mario Kart and obviously it should with any other Wifi games, so start trying out your routers to see if they are compatible, post your findings :)

My system is an Unprotected Wireless Network but whether that matters i dont know, but playing Mario Kart against anyone worldwide is awesome :)

thaive
December 3rd, 2005, 03:42
ummm... i don't think being unprotected is a good thing - i think it means anyone could use ur wifi spot and possible hack ur computer - if u set up connection passwords and firewalls i guess u would be safe though

Vishal106
November 25th, 2006, 05:49
even i tried to make my ds lite work with the sequrity on but it doesn't work, i have to find a better way to make my home network safe as well as compatible with my ds lite

Junixx
November 25th, 2006, 05:53
Lol man this was kind of a dead thread...

Modrak
November 25th, 2006, 13:15
Asus wl500gx works fine
US Robotics 8054 works fine
Ovislink 1120 as AP to current network doesn't. DS sees the network but it fails to connect
Cisco Aironet 1200 - connects but DHCP does not work...

everything was without any WEP or WPA

Sonny_Jim
November 29th, 2006, 14:05
even i tried to make my ds lite work with the sequrity on but it doesn't work, i have to find a better way to make my home network safe as well as compatible with my ds lite

One option would be to use: http://compnetworking.about.com/cs/wirelessproducts/qt/macaddress.htm wireless MAC filtering. Your router should support it and should be enough to stop most attacks.

pamman5000
November 29th, 2006, 15:48
I am in the UK and it works for me.

SpeedTouch 570. I assume that all SpeedTouchs should work with this.

If you find out the MAC code of your DS (by using the ingame feature Mario Kart gives you it, you can easily register the MAC code to your router and it should work, to register look in your routers help guide or search the net.)

robman84
December 2nd, 2006, 16:43
Tech support required!!!

My DS lite is set up for Wifi and works via my Buffalo router in Tetris and Mario Kart. When connected to the Internet the DS appears as a client in my router and the green light "double flashes".

However when I try homebrew apps that use Wifi the green light just flashes once at a time and it never works or appears as a client.

Any ideas? I'm desperate to try MIDI Wifi!!!

Video_freak
December 2nd, 2006, 16:45
I have a Linksys BEFW11S4, WEP protected, and it works perfectly with both DS and PSP. :)
Oh and it cost like $20 a year ago at Bestbuy. :P

robman84
December 2nd, 2006, 16:55
Does your green light "double flash" with homebrew? Just trying to work out if the single versus double flash thing matters.

Knux896
December 3rd, 2006, 00:59
Does your green light "double flash" with homebrew? Just trying to work out if the single versus double flash thing matters.

It seems that homebrew that uses Wifi doesn't have the code to double flash so they use the single flash like when the DS is closed to show it is trying to connect.

Apparently this thread was made one year ago today. Talk about a coincidence.:thumbup:

Ok maybe not.:o