PDA

View Full Version : FCE Ultra GX v2.0.1 - Nes Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
September 7th, 2008, 16:16
The Nes Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Gamecube has been updated, heres the details from the emulators homepage (http://code.google.com/p/fceugc/):

FCE Ultra GX is a modified port of the FCE Ultra 0.98.12 Nintendo Entertainment system for x86 (Windows/Linux) PC's. With it you can play NES games on your Wii/GameCube. Version 2 is a complete rewrite based on code from the SNES9x GX and Genesis Plus GX projects.

Features
Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
1-2 Player support
Zapper support
RAM / State saving support
Custom controller configurations
SD, USB, DVD, SMB, GC Memory Card, and Zip support
NES Compatibility Based on v0.98.12
Sound Filters
Graphics Filters (GX Chipset, Cheesy and 2x)

[What's New 2.0.1]
* Zapper support! Turn this on in the Controller Settings - most games
require you to have the Zapper on Port 2. Thanks go to aksommerville whose
previous work on the Zapper helped, and michniewski's cursor code
* RAM game save support! Now you can save your games just like the NES did.
By default game saves are saved/loaded automatically. This can be changed
in the Preferences menu
* Start/Select reversed mapping fixed for Wii controllers
* Small bug fixes / improvements / tweaks

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

vicious1988
September 7th, 2008, 18:31
You know what would be cool? A competition build or mode. It runs two instances of the same game side by side. Then you could have all sorts of matches. Which team is better on Contra? Who's more accurate on duck hunt?

pulproute
September 7th, 2008, 19:27
Wow, this is a really great idea ! I would love to play duck hunt with 3 of my friends, each having his own screen
I wish I could program this... I'm good at c++ but I never programmed any games :(

vicious1988
September 7th, 2008, 20:05
If a calibration setup is added to the next release I might go down to a gun dealer I know and see if he'd sell me a few of his unfixable shotguns cheap.

1 for standard Wii games
1 for NES/SNES emulators
1 for paintball (been wanting to do this for a while)

zillion94
September 22nd, 2008, 18:27
So far, this seems to be a near perfect emulator other than compatibility issues which goes for ANY emulator. Hmm, my ONE issue I've been having is that the highlight bar in the game selection screen is hard to see against the background so I tend to load the game directly above or below the one intended. :) GREAT WORK!!!

kevinleft
September 22nd, 2008, 23:37
How do i add 2 wiimotes to FCE Ultra GX . I have no idea and i want to play some good ole retro games

panmusic
September 23rd, 2008, 09:13
While the emulator runs mostly perfectly with the HBC I can't figure how to save.Now matter what,it doesn't let me save.
And yes,in my SD card I arranfe the files apps-FCE-saves.
Maybe,there is an option to the preferences menu that needs to be activated.(Yes,I don't have a GC memory card connected to Wii)
Can anyone help me?