PDA

View Full Version : Wii Gamecube Homebrew Launcher

wraggster
September 7th, 2008, 16:42
A new release from Mega Man (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Gamecube_Homebrew_Launcher)

Purpose
Launch Gamecube homebrew on Wii. Read before using! Program can be dangerous, because the flash is changed.

Background Information
DOL loader is patched into MIOS. If Wii switches to Gamecube mode, the DOL loader is always started. That means that a Gamecube disc can't be started. This behaviour can be disabled by reinstalling a normal MIOS. I don't have a Gamecube disc, so I don't have tested it.

Installation Steps
1. Copy RVL-mios-v5.wad.out.wad into root of front SD card (This file is not part of the archive and is located on Super Mario Galaxy Disc (EU)). If you use a different version, this is on your own risk. The MIOS patching wad installer will only allow to install MIOS. This can only break the GC mode. If the patch fails, it could patch Starlet code. Starlet code has the ability to brick your Wii.

2. Patch MIOS using MIOSPatchingWADInstaller. CAUTION: You can't play any Gamecube Disc anymore!!!

3. Copy your Gamecube Homebrew DOL into SD root as start.dol. Use Wii Gamecube Slot A for SD Gecko.

4. Launch GCBooterHomebrew. This should start the the DOL on the SD card. If screen looks strange, you need to try it again. It is sometimes not working.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 7th, 2008, 16:44
And this is useful because ??? whats this do that HB channel and gecko cant ??. Absolutely no use what so ever wii brew has far surpassed what cube was able to do...

Sektor
September 7th, 2008, 17:34
And this is useful because ??? whats this do that HB channel and gecko cant ??.

It runs Gamecube homebrew in Gamecube mode on the Wii. You don't need a modchip but you need an SD Gecko/GC SD Adapter. It has my interest but I think I'll wait for the next version and more testing.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 7th, 2008, 18:01
Yeah but all stuff run in GC mode would be limited to GC's hardware and not use wii's more ram etc...

elk1007
September 7th, 2008, 19:18
I'm tired of dumb shit coming out on the wii homebrew scene.
Make an ISO loader or gtfo @_@

Sektor
September 8th, 2008, 07:40
Yeah but all stuff run in GC mode would be limited to GC's hardware and not use wii's more ram etc...

That's fine since GC homebrew doesn't need Wii features. It will be good for coders who don't have a GC that want to make Wii and GC compatible homebrew.

For the pirates, this may even allow GC ISOs to run from an SD Gecko without the need for a drive chip to boot the SD loader.

Tarsul
September 11th, 2008, 17:41
this is no dumb shit. So far in my opinion [!!] the SNES Emulator for gamecube still exceeds all those Wii SNES Emus, so this one is really great for me as I dont need any dvd anymore.

:thumbup: