PDA

View Full Version : RemoteJoyLite v0.15 Released — PSP “TV out” via USB connection

wraggster
September 7th, 2008, 22:58
News via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2008/09/07/remotejoylite-v015-released/)

You may or may not recollect TyRaNid’s PSP development tool: RemoteJoy. Essentially RemoteJoy provides “TV out” capabilities over a USB connection with your PC. With that said — non-Slim owners and non-FuSa users — you too can now experience PSP on a larger scale.

Japanese developer, Akind (http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=RemoteJoyLite) (correct me if I’m wrong?), has taken TyRaNid’s project and has further optimized it for us end-users. Packaged in the form of a small PRX plug-in and Windows executable — we have RemoteJoyLite.

Sadly, I can’t provide a screenshot for you; RemoteJoyLite doesn’t seem to function under Parallels on my Mac. Although, I did stumble across this YouTube video demonstrating the dopeness:

http://www.youtube.com/v/9_46B6Da1jw

RemoteJoyLite v0.15 [translated] changes:

“SceCtrlLatch” related to behavior modification.
Image-transfer method (TYPE2, TYPE3) added.
HOME POPS button on a good behavior.
Gamma correction added.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

-Xandu-
September 7th, 2008, 23:11
That's a slim in the video!

ZaxCG2
September 7th, 2008, 23:29
That's a slim in the video!

Yeah, but I don't think that matters. It obviously shows him using his PSP through Windows instead of direct TV connection.

osgeld
September 8th, 2008, 01:09
and how does this differ from the previous remote joy's

its been around since (and before) i got my psp back in 06

sooooo whats new?

i understand what gama correction does, everything else is jibberish to me

carlitx
September 8th, 2008, 01:22
will this work with all or most games? or just a select few? if so which ones?

Sterist
September 8th, 2008, 02:54
and how does this differ from the previous remote joy's

what he said ^

dgbbad
September 8th, 2008, 04:29
i could be wrong and be thinking about something different. but the last time i tried something like this it didnt work in the xmb or in anything similar (such as saving games when it goes to the xmb looking save screen). which sucked b/c you couldnt really play any games that required saving b/c it froze when it went to the xmb. granted this was quite a while ago...so i intend to check this out and see if it gets the job done.

Auriman1
September 8th, 2008, 06:54
I never got the older one to work properly. Maybe I'll have better luck with this one.

Nocuddle
September 8th, 2008, 10:41
This one is just a simplified appz for u to use. No batch clickin. All just come in one EXE & user friendly config.

BoBKiD
September 8th, 2008, 12:53
N00bish question but how do I install the prx? (my seplugins folder is empty)
Thanks.

noname1
September 8th, 2008, 16:15
Hmm very cool app.
It doesn't work with umd's but i made some iso's of them and they are working.

240-185
September 8th, 2008, 17:01
It does work with Video UMDs.

omracer
September 8th, 2008, 17:22
N00bish question but how do I install the prx? (my seplugins folder is empty)
Thanks.

just copy the "RemoteJoyLite.prx" into seplugins & create a txt file in the seplugins folder and in the txt file type "ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoylite.prx" and save it as "Game.txt".

Next go into Recovery Mode and go to plugins and click on ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoylite.prx and it should be enabled only when you load homebrew or isos or UMDs.

This works without "usbhostfs.prx" but i don't know about "usb.prx". And it sony dialogs work

Heres a screenshot if anyone wants it. (Attached in this post)

Keys for functions.
F1 - Show FPS
F3 - Pause Streaming (freezes display on app but display on psp will continue as normal)

Fr0sTy
September 8th, 2008, 18:39
possibly an english language release kind of liek the previous version?? please?! can't map the keys correctly....

BoBKiD
September 8th, 2008, 18:51
It works like a charm! Cheers!

noname1
September 8th, 2008, 18:54
Hmm i would like to do the opposite thing watching my computer with this program instead of watching my psp and it have to be fullspeed.:p

joesnose
September 8th, 2008, 19:12
Hmm i would like to do the opposite thing watching my computer with this program instead of watching my psp and it have to be fullspeed.:p

vnc lets you do that or if you meant pc on the psp screen pspvnc, you need a wireless network but it can also let you do it over the internet at a wifi hotspot.

arcadekidflo
September 8th, 2008, 20:05
A few questions :
-Do you still need the " PSP Type B " drivers ?
- How do you make it work in the XMB and for homebrew ?
-Could using a shorter USB cable gain fps ?

And what i noticed :
- There are some graphic glitches
- Games slow down on both PSP and PC when streaming

240-185
September 8th, 2008, 20:19
Yup: http://gilou82.free.fr/pspgen/Drivers_PSP_Type_B.zip

Add this line to some .txt files (vsh.txt, game.txt) in your SEPlugins folder : ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx

Silly question. It's like "Does a Yoshi go faster if he has a taller jockey on his saddle?"

And what i noticed :
[...]
I didn't notice any slowdown with DJ Max ISOs and a PSP Slim (40 FPS, perfect timing).

kjetil1991
September 8th, 2008, 20:42
loading still frezes the system but now its full screen =D

noname1
September 8th, 2008, 20:43
vnc lets you do that or if you meant pc on the psp screen pspvnc, you need a wireless network but it can also let you do it over the internet at a wifi hotspot.
I know but that program doesn't works fullspeed and it's crappy.

arcadekidflo
September 8th, 2008, 21:28
-Yup: http://gilou82.free.fr/pspgen/Drivers_PSP_Type_B.zip

I uninstalled them for testing and indeed it didn't work . You need them .

-Add this line to some .txt files (vsh.txt, game.txt) in your SEPlugins folder : ms0:/seplugins/RemoteJoyLite.prx

I added vsh.txt , it works in the menu now but still the screen just goes black when a homebrew is started. Can we add another line for homebrew ?

-Silly question. It's like "Does a Yoshi go faster if he has a taller jockey on his saddle?"

I didn't get the Yoshi riddle, yes or no ?

-I didn't notice any slowdown with DJ Max ISOs and a PSP Slim (40 FPS, perfect timing).

Could a slim work faster than fat ? Better USB transfer ?

pkmaximum
September 8th, 2008, 22:40
Noobish question how do I install the Type B drivers >_>

Axelius
September 8th, 2008, 22:41
thx, this program is really cool. I used an older version long time ago, but when it didn't reach fullspeed and I couldn't get it to work in games I uninstalled it.

This version does reach fullspeed and even works in some games (I tried Echocrome and Tekken: Dark Resurrection and both worked, but GTA:VCS and Flatout crashed...)

THX again, this app will certainly come in handy...

Stone Temple Pilots
September 8th, 2008, 23:15
I don't know if I wanna try this. I tried an earlier version about a year ago the speed on it flat out sucked. Does this version run full speed on a 1000 model?

In full screen possibly?

bosanova_x
September 9th, 2008, 00:08
What a nice suprise, ive been waiting a while for somthing as good as this.

Even though its not full speed its still damn good.

Ive tried the pico drive, Nester Snes 9x, all seem are playable.

As for psp games they seem to run better.

I for one dont have the fastest PC in the world, i'm guessing this makes a difference in speed does it not?

Either way a great app !!! :)

Many thanks

Buddy4point0
September 9th, 2008, 00:20
This is great! I havn't been able to use the other ones because they're always complicated but this is soooo easy.

Great work!

d2theaher69
September 9th, 2008, 02:06
this app is sweet. big probs

PoorKingz
September 9th, 2008, 02:38
Your computer needs okay specs for this, even better if your using a screen recorder. Otherwise, FPS will be low.

anteopimp
September 9th, 2008, 03:21
can anyone tell me how to install the driver? Most drivers automatically do it so I donno where to put them :(

carlitx
September 9th, 2008, 03:31
ok tried it myself, works like a charm :D

pkmaximum
September 9th, 2008, 03:53
Does anybody know how to install the driver.... I'm really unaware.....

jaws365
September 9th, 2008, 06:41
Yes I remember this proggy, and I have been waiting for a new release forever. Thanks for this :D I hope it can save and have more fps than last version, which I can read from comments that it does.

Nocuddle
September 9th, 2008, 09:15
U want fast stream? Get better PC.

kjetil1991
September 9th, 2008, 09:47
Does anybody know how to install the driver.... I'm really unaware..... Your system should auto detect the psp.
Then ask for the driver then select the file its easy really like innstaling a normal driver like video cards ect etc...
If not go to my computer click show system information. Then hardware then click the first button i don't remember what it is in english my windows is Norwegian :D and then click the the driver with a yellow !. then select dont search and select the file and then you got remotejoy for windows. all I need now is a version for Linux ;D

Apoklepz
September 9th, 2008, 17:07
Your system should auto detect the psp.
Then ask for the driver then select the file its easy really like innstaling a normal driver like video cards ect etc...
If not go to my computer click show system information. Then hardware then click the first button i don't remember what it is in english my windows is Norwegian :D and then click the the driver with a yellow !. then select dont search and select the file and then you got remotejoy for windows. all I need now is a version for Linux ;D

Dude, that's too complicated for regular people.
Just unzip the driver files somebody provided here earlier. Right Click on the one file called "psp.inf" and click on Install in the pop-up task window. ~Voila!

Another thing, I guess they call this version "Lite" because it's missing Joypad/Controller-out support? Somebody correctme if I'm wrong, or is this option still active here? At least I see it's missing a LOT of files from the previous build, mostly the controller mapping ones.

Remote Joy is awesome, but I remember it having some issues back then, I hope when I test it later today it finally supports True Fullscreen on Windows and not a Black border slightly bigger centered output...BTW I've found an English version of this after a quick search and it apparently states it now works with Vista...Not that I care. Here's the readme:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homepage (Japanese):
http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/cgi-bin/index.cgi

How to install:
1a. Unzip, then copy the "seplugins" folder to your PSP.
1b. Turn your PSP off and turn it back on while holding R to get into Recovery, then enable the RemoteJoyLite plugins.

2. Get out of Recovery and start up your game. (make sure you have your USB cable connected to your PSP and computer)

3. Windows should popup and say it found new hardware. Go through the wizard until you get to an option to specify driver location. Tell the wizard to look in one of the "drivers" folder.

4. After Windows has successfully installed the driver go in the "GUI" folder then double click RemoteJoyLiteE.exe

(Note: if you have Vista you may need to right-click and select "Run as Administrator")

Tips:
*Set your PSP's CPU speed to 333 MHz

*Disable other plugins

*If you are having trouble getting the text to display properly try using AppLocale:
http://alcahest.club.fr/perso/apploc/applocale.html

*If you want sound, you have to connect your PSP with a double ended stereo jack to your computer's sound card:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102949

*VirtualDub is good if you want combine captured Video and Sound together into one file.
http://www.virtualdub.org/

*Xvid is the best compression Codec available for AVIs:
http://www.xvid.org/

*MP3 LAME encoder is good for compressing the sound:
http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-dshow-acm.php

*PS1 games are unstable in RemoteJoy. There's a way to get them working, but I couldn't understand the directions:
http://cgi.din.or.jp/~takakind/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=POPS%A4%F2%BB%C8%CD%D1%A4%B9%A4%EB%BE% EC%B9%E7%A4%CE%C3%ED%B0%D5%BB%F6%B9%E0

*To disable the driver signing requirement on Vista x64 SP1, you need to press F8 during the boot process to bring up the boot menu. Pick the "Disable Driver Signing" option. Then you can install the x64 driver.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should've just done this earlier...ENGLISH RELEASE (Drivers included)

w4aqar
September 9th, 2008, 17:32
Do PSX games work?

EDIT:Sorry Apoklepz didnt read your post , however i think your supposed to add the remotejoy lite text to pops

JERSEY96
September 9th, 2008, 17:42
Dose Anybody Know How I Can Run Homebrew With This Because It Lets Me Load Psp Games But Not Homebrew When I Try To Start Nes Or Snes Or The Others I Have It Restarts My Psp If Someone Can Pm Me Or Send Me A Message On How I Would Like It Alot Thanks

Apoklepz
September 9th, 2008, 17:46
Dose Anybody Know How I Can Run Homebrew With This Because It Lets Me Load Psp Games But Not Homebrew When I Try To Start Nes Or Snes Or The Others I Have It Restarts My Psp If Someone Can Pm Me Or Send Me A Message On How I Would Like It Alot Thanks

You are probably missing "game150.txt" with the command to run remote joy for that type of Homebrew.

Download the version I've included in my last post, re-install and all should be fixed, hopefully:thumbup:

Good luck.

bosanova_x
September 9th, 2008, 18:04
my PsX games don't work any one have any ideas

JERSEY96
September 9th, 2008, 18:05
You are probably missing "game150.txt" with the command to run remote joy for that type of Homebrew.

Download the version I've included in my last post, re-install and all should be fixed, hopefully:thumbup:

Good luck.
HEY I ALREADY DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST VER. OF RemoteJoyLiteEng AND IT HAS THE TEX IN THERE DO YOU KNOW MAYBE HOW TO CONFIG IT TO WORK

Apoklepz
September 9th, 2008, 18:23
my PsX games don't work any one have any ideas

Try downloading the and re-installing the files I've posted a few counts back on this page.

Make sure you have the corresponding files where they should be and your seplugins activated through the recovery menu.

Sorry, I can't help you if you're still experiencing problems after having done that.

HEY I ALREADY DOWNLOAD THE LASTEST VER. OF RemoteJoyLiteEng AND IT HAS THE TEX IN THERE DO YOU KNOW MAYBE HOW TO CONFIG IT TO WORK

Sure thing.

- you have to completely turn off your PSP.

- Got to custom firmware Recovery menu (Hold R shoulder button while turning on PSP)

- go to the plugins option and activate the desired one.

- Exit the recovery menu and head for the game you want to play. should work:thumbup:

arcadekidflo
September 9th, 2008, 20:40
I added game150.txt , enabled it , but each emulator and homebew gets stuck and the PSP just shuts down . Are you having the same issues ? I'm using a fat and 4.01 firmware

Apoklepz
September 9th, 2008, 21:01
Scratch what I posted here before about it having problems with installed flash themes. It was part of someone's speculation on another forum thread.

Anyways, the original author's readme (in japanese) says he tested this app best with CFW 4.01 M33-2 and so far I've read the only people having problems with it are on earlier M33 versions, so I guess there's a price to pay if you really want to get this app on the road. Time to update fellas, that's all the obvious I can say.

Good luck.

pkmaximum
September 10th, 2008, 04:20
Wow this runs like full speed and perfect for me, very impressed =)

Viguro
September 10th, 2008, 08:40
I too am having issues trying to run PSX games in RemoteJoy Lite. I'm using 4.01 M33-2, I have enabled the remotejoy plug in, but when I try to load a PSX game, it just outright cuts off. Enabling and disabling popsloader seems to have no effect on this as it cuts off either way, just stranding me with the "Waiting" screen. The PSP then just continues to load the playstation game as normal.

My UMD's and ISOs run beautifly though >=/. I'm also using the fatty PSP.

Update: Nvm, I got it to work! A commentor on a site mentioned about putting the line:

flash0:/kd/usb.prx

In the pops.txt file. It wasn't in the english instructions but it does go in line with the mysterious info linked in the readme. This line was placed above the Remotejoylite.prx line, if that makes any difference.

Another commenter said something about being weary of the line since it involves flash0. I don't really know what could happen so, there is your warning.

arcadekidflo
September 10th, 2008, 21:28
Any magic text line for making homebrew work ?

newb_fo_life
September 11th, 2008, 16:45
CooL!

johnson32
September 12th, 2008, 22:13
Omg!Great app!
Hi guys! I have a question!
How do I capture video?
I press F12 but it doesn't work!
Thank you in advance

Lytera
September 15th, 2008, 14:11
I have a low speed usb port and I was wondering if it would run at full speed if i used it on a computer with a high speed usb port? just wondering...

johnson32
September 15th, 2008, 19:18
Omg!Great app!
Hi guys! I have a question!
How do I capture video?
I press F12 but it doesn't work!
Thank you in advance
Please could anybody help me?

omracer
September 15th, 2008, 19:20
have you set up the video codec remotejoylite will use to capture the video.

arcadekidflo
September 21st, 2008, 14:06
Version 0.16 is out (http://dl.qj.net/RemoteJoyLite-v0.16-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/23948/catid/151) ! Few bugfixes but 2 major ones still remain .
When you activate VSH and connect the USB cable, the PSP automatically switches to "TypeB" . If you start the regular USB connection you'll get an error ,the XMB gets corrupted and you'll have to restart . Only way i foud to avoid that is...well ..not activate VSH :(
Second problem..again..how the hell do you run homebrew and emulators ? I added game150.txt, enabled it but the PSP just shuts down when running an app and remotejoy shows nothing

Twimfy
September 23rd, 2008, 15:33
I just tried this on my Macbook running Windows XP. The force unleashed runs quick enough to be playable without noticing any lag. Most impressive.

arcadekidflo
September 23rd, 2008, 20:30
Can someone please answer this ****ing simple question ? Have you made emulators work on monitor with Remotejoy ? Like SnesTYL,MVSPSP,Daedalus etc.. Yes or NO ? I'm dying here...

omracer
September 24th, 2008, 16:21
yes if the emulators are for 3.xx custom firmwares