PDA

View Full Version : [NDS] ASCII Art Maker

XDPirate
September 8th, 2008, 03:20
This is an ASCII Art Maker for Nintendo DS that I made for fun. Some people on my regular IRC channel liked it, so I thought I'd release it here, to hear what other people have to say. Written with devkitARM and PAlib. You can draw with whatever character you want, both upper and lower case.

Quick start:

Select button: Bring up the keyboard to select a character.
L/R button: Choose the drawing color.
A+B at the same time: Clear the screen.
Touch-screen: Draw.

Select the Space character to delete tiles.

Each tile takes up 8x8 pixels, and the total tile-grid is 32x24 tiles. Saving is not yet implemented, but probably will be in a later version.

I'd love to hear your feedback and/or comments on my little program =)

I can't attach the file, i think it's bugged. Says it exceeds quota. Therefore: Link.
Download here (http://melodiccentral.net63.net/nds_demos/ASCII_Art_maker_v0.3.1.nds)

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2008, 10:03
.NDS files file type is not supported for forum uploading, so I just zipped the file and uploaded it. I think I'll add NDS as a supported files type soon.

Nice release & welcome to dcemu ;)

paul3100
September 8th, 2008, 16:52
.NDS files file type is not supported for forum uploading, so I just zipped the file and uploaded it. I think I'll add NDS as a supported files type soon.

Its up to you Darksaviour69 but zip/rar is the norm anyway for these sorts of files when downloading, saves space for the server and for the downloader!

paul

Darksaviour69
September 8th, 2008, 16:54
good point, I'll just leave it.

Lastron
September 8th, 2008, 18:19
im often away from a pc... so i bring my much more portable ds an browse the net. the only working unzipper on ds doesnt function right and i end up waiting 3- 7 days to unzip the dratted thing. then once in a blue moon i am shown the quick mirical of simple .nds and i feel elated. and unless it contains many files (in which case it'd be .zip,etc anyway) the filesize is generaly small.

Cid2Mizard
September 8th, 2008, 19:16
Good :), and my Paint Black DS is PETSCII ;)

TeenDev
September 11th, 2008, 03:18
Its up to you Darksaviour69 but zip/rar is the norm anyway for these sorts of files when downloading, saves space for the server and for the downloader!

paul

also, compressed files are less likely to become corrupted when you download them. :thumbup: