PDA

View Full Version : Sub-£100 DS hint !

wraggster
January 12th, 2005, 09:40
Our antipodean cousins are known for many things: mediocre lager, panto-padding actresses and the no-longer-incarcerated Germaine Greer. One thing, though, that no one associates with them is modesty and now they've managed to get another one over us - they have a DS release date and a discount price. Bah.[br][br]And while that 24 February date is sure to set a few proud hearts fluttering, it is really the confirmed price of the console that has set them bragging - it's a mere $199.95 (Aussie dollars). If you aren't familiar with the daily balance of global currencies, the current exchange rate translates the price of the handheld to around £81 or 116 euros. Which is excellent news for the southern hemisphere's gamers, especially since the lucky tykes also get the DS demo of Metroid Prime: Hunters included.[br][br]Now while this is not a definite indication of how the DS will be priced in Britain, it does seem to hint that the well-established estimate of £129.99 may be wide of the mark. The main motivation behind this comes from the fact that Australia also uses the PAL TV system and so tends to be lumped in with the rest of Europe when it comes to new releases. [br][br]If all this speculation just leaves you looking for a definitive answer then gamesradar.com is the place to stay because Nintendo are expected to finally reveal the UK price of DS on 27 January, in Paris. More importantly, we'll be there in person to bring you the first confirmed details of the price, release date and launch line-up.[br][br]Nintendo DS is out now in Japan and the US and will reach Britain sometime in March

Zaneblade
January 12th, 2005, 10:23
OMG wahoooooo!!! man i really hope its close to £80 that will be amazing!!

Hawq
January 12th, 2005, 11:46
I agree 'the well-established estimate of £129.99 may be wide of the mark' sadly though I fear its way under the mark with the way these companies like to gouge us