PDA

View Full Version : ...ISO questions...

IndianCheese
December 4th, 2005, 02:51
This is a two-way complaint; I am tired of seeing all of these threads about "can i get this ISO to work" and "how does fastloader work" and "what folder does this ISO go in". No one is reading the rules, and I am becoming upset. Maybe on the first log-in, the rules page is displayed and the button to advance to the forums is locked for 60 seconds so people can read that discussing piracy matters is illegal and not permitted on this forum.

And also, I can plainly see that a lot of the mods are not doing their job at deleting and closing threads, and blocking people who frequently ask for help. For every 10 ISO question threads I see, about 1 of them are closed.

People need to understand that it is not a game (haha i made a pun!). Piracy is serious, and to ignore the fact that it is not allowed on this forum and the you speaking of it only gives evidence in the case of a criminal offense is downright ridiculous. And the fact that the people who have control to take care of the problem don't take control is even worse.

Please, if you are one of those people who speak of ISOs, stop; if you are a mod, please help out by trying to end it. I think you have been too light on people who know about the rule violation.

Here is a list of the ISO-related things that cannot be discussed on the forums:

ISOs (backups or downloads)
UMD Ripping
UMD Copying
Fastloader
Devhook
Hookboot
UMD Emulator (unless being discussed for firmware/UMD overclocking purposes)

Cap'n 1time
December 4th, 2005, 05:44
Im actually quite proud of you indiancheese. Also they just kind of hired me as a mod because they do see this problem. Im trying my best to cut down on the stupid questions.

The problem was that most the mods dont know enough about the PSP, this was a Dreamcast site.. Wraggy just did such a good job posting psp news that this place became a major hub for psp discussion.

You've almost pulled a 180 from your last standpoint about 24 hours ago.. I dont know the reason for the change, but ANY ONE can help the mods out. Feel free to pm me with questionable threads.

ACTION IS MORE LIKELY TO BE TAKEN If you join our IRC channel on Efnet. #dcemu. I was doing this alot before I became a mod. Even if you dont get an immediate responce, one of the mods will see it on the logs and probably take care of it. We arnt perfect, but the main admins are doing their best to take action.

Xarius
December 7th, 2005, 17:53
I agree with IC.

Another thing we could do with the rules besides the 60 second stall is make them available more readily. When most people sign up, it's because they have something specific to say. They want to register their username as fast as possible so they can post what's on their mind. Currently, we do not offer the ability to read the rules once a user is logged in. On many occasions, I've wanted to post "read the rules" and make it an actual link to the rules but I couldn't, because the rules can't be accessed to those logged in.

Cap'n 1time
December 8th, 2005, 02:18
I agree with IC.

Another thing we could do with the rules besides the 60 second stall is make them available more readily. When most people sign up, it's because they have something specific to say. They want to register their username as fast as possible so they can post what's on their mind. Currently, we do not offer the ability to read the rules once a user is logged in. On many occasions, I've wanted to post "read the rules" and make it an actual link to the rules but I couldn't, because the rules can't be accessed to those logged in.

I agree they arnt visible enough. They are located in annoucments at the top of each section. here is the link.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=77

Like I said before, anyone can help, and currently im the only active official psp moderator... YOUR NOT GOING TO BE A MOD SO DONT ASK. Of course there are a number of people I am adding to the wish list for the future ;) . like I said, you can always help by logging in to IRC and reporting bad posts that I miss there. You might not get an answere right away, but it will appear in the logs. you can also PM me with problems you have.

omniosiris
December 8th, 2005, 14:50
*sigh* I think people just need to stop being stupid and *gasp* read the rules before they post. It would make everyones life just that much easier

Gamedoctor
December 12th, 2005, 03:06
Onetime....i actually registered here just to say...

You are an ass. A total, 100%, complete ass. I've read 4 topics by you so far that all say "You aren't going to be a mod so don't ask." You are obviously very proud of your mod tag right? God forbid someone else get mod status and take a little piece of your power away.

Stupid power hungy whores.

Kaiser
December 12th, 2005, 03:25
#dcemu doesn't come up on efnet for me. I tried to channel search, and I've never been able to get mIRC to work.

Cap'n 1time
December 12th, 2005, 21:28
Onetime....i actually registered here just to say...

You are an ass. A total, 100%, complete ass. I've read 4 topics by you so far that all say "You aren't going to be a mod so don't ask." You are obviously very proud of your mod tag right? God forbid someone else get mod status and take a little piece of your power away.

Stupid power hungy whores.

perhapes you just dont understand whats going on. I am not actually that excited about my mod status, i was as much of an ass before I had it as I was when I became a mod, feel free to ask around. I do have a few people I would like to see become mods and kaiser, you are actually an honorable mention. So if you got a rant write a paper and swallow it because your opinions on how i handle things mean nothing to me. I obey the laws of these forums and make sure that you people do the same.
you know what the hardest part of being a mod is? it isnt answereing the same questions over and over again or locking threads, its reading things like this by people who think they know everything. Did you ever concider that there was more to a certain subject then what you read? No im not an ass. I didnt "registered here just to say..." bad things they think they know about somebody. And I sure as hell didnt try to make this go off topic. I think your an ass.. a 100% ass for wasting everyones time. I dont have as much "power" as you seem to think I have either. even If i did i wouldnt ban you.. I hope that you learn alot about the complexity of things and how you dont really know everything from this experiance. I also hope you learn when to keep your thoughts to yourself.

@ kaiser. once your in irc you can say /channel #dcemu and it should take you right there.

Tomppa
December 16th, 2005, 13:38
What kind of people do really register just to say something like that? Haven't you ever heard that noone selects assholes as mods... Usually mods are no assholes, unlike people who call them such.

IndianCheese
December 20th, 2005, 20:49
Here is a question that I have: is it illigal to rip your own ISOs and use them for yourself and for yourself only? I mean, you own the disc and the data that is on it, right?

Cap'n 1time
December 20th, 2005, 22:41
Here is a question that I have: is it illigal to rip your own ISOs and use them for yourself and for yourself only? I mean, you own the disc and the data that is on it, right?

I think that the answere to that varys from region to region. In america it may very well become illegal (if it isnt already).

Kaiser
December 21st, 2005, 01:51
I think that the answere to that varys from region to region. In america it may very well become illegal (if it isnt already).

It is legal (In Canada and the U.S.A at least) but the fact such a law exists gives emulation newbs the wrong impression. They think that means if they own the game they can indeed download a copy of it off the internet. Most people don't understand that the copy they're downloading is not the their game but someones else. Britain has much more strict software laws and I'm almost completely sure that is illegal there. Becoming illegal here would be a tough process as people tend to defend it as something more of a right then a privilege.

Xan
December 24th, 2005, 23:08
Its called "Fair Use Law".
When you bought the umd , you got rights to use that program.
You can backup it , put on your pc hhd for safe keeping.
Same with music , if you have CD you can rip it and put mp3`s to your psp/pc.Its leggal from the simple fact that you own CD and the data on it.
Puting them on kazza/ftp/other is considered as piracy.
Fair use laws have thier limits , very often ppl think that they can make numerous copies of game and sell them or some pirates sell on interenet auctions "a backup copy for someone who has allredy a game" and think they are legal and ect , whereas still they sell pirated stuff.
@Kaiser EU has kinda wierd laws , but Fair Use Law is accepted in union too , its your data , you have right to backup them , but YOU and only YOU can use them.

michael jackson
December 29th, 2005, 03:20
i'm sorry but the irony in the whole .iso discussion ban is pretty pathetic

1timeuser locked some guys thread saying iso discussion is prohibited because it is information that CAN be used for illegal activities

ummm.... am i the only person who plays real video games on my snes emulator?

/sarcasm off i dont know ANYONE who plays homebrew on emulators

dcemu links downloads to emus.... guys dont lie very few ppl dl these with intent to play legal copies or homebrew...

even coders dont buy snes sega or japanese only rpgs to play translated versions (star ocean ff's etc etc)

i know its just a precaution cus sony would sue dcemus ass if iso discussion was allowed

im just saying its pretty funny the hipocracy >.>

btw dont take it like im putting anyone down 1timeuser just had a post that was useable and im just saying this cuz i'm known as captain obvious to my friends

i love dcemu the last thing i want is psp piracy or the scene to die

/end unneccisary post

dtale15
December 29th, 2005, 06:22
still is

Kaiser
December 30th, 2005, 11:14
i'm sorry but the irony in the whole .iso discussion ban is pretty pathetic

1timeuser locked some guys thread saying iso discussion is prohibited because it is information that CAN be used for illegal activities

ummm.... am i the only person who plays real video games on my snes emulator?

/sarcasm off i dont know ANYONE who plays homebrew on emulators

dcemu links downloads to emus.... guys dont lie very few ppl dl these with intent to play legal copies or homebrew...

even coders dont buy snes sega or japanese only rpgs to play translated versions (star ocean ff's etc etc)

i know its just a precaution cus sony would sue dcemus ass if iso discussion was allowed

im just saying its pretty funny the hipocracy >.>

btw dont take it like im putting anyone down 1timeuser just had a post that was useable and im just saying this cuz i'm known as captain obvious to my friends

i love dcemu the last thing i want is psp piracy or the scene to die

/end unneccisary post

Yes but discussion and creation of emulators is not illegal or banned by dcemu. While the roms we all play are illegal no one discuss' them here so all is good. Most people have an unspoken understandement on that issue, as most of those games are really old and its not like these long dead consoles are suffering from the downloading of these roms. At the same time downloading ISO's is morally wrong and can not be justified in such a way as a Genesis or Snes rom. More importantly it makes the PSP suffer which no one wants to see.

What it comes down to is a mixture of law and morals

While loaders are not illegal as far as I know. I do know wraggster has the moral belief, as do many people on this site, that having them on this site only encourages the developers of pirates. Which as I said in turn affects our beloved PSP. Get my drift? I explained it as best I could.

Cap'n 1time
December 30th, 2005, 14:58
iso's = morally wrong, and loss of money
old roms = morally wrong, but no loss of money for the company

Also if I see links to rom sites I'd lock them too. It isnt ok to post any kind of warezy material. So you see Captain Obviouse, this has already been thought out. As pathetic as it may seem to you, the staff has already decided this was the best way to run things (im not trying to be mean, im just making a statment). There are lots of things to concider but mostly what kaiser said.

Heran_Bago
December 31st, 2005, 02:43
Cept that companies still release old games. You know, Namco Museams, Sonic Mega Collections.

ISO discussion isn't illegal. Explaining the techniques of piracy isn't illegal. The actual act is. Posting links to ISOs is.
Yes, emulation is illegal if done for more than a certain period of time when you don't own the game. so? Do people care?

What do I do about the the rediculous ban on piracy discussion? Just leave to board, and go to ones that have more sense untill this one realizes that backing up a commercial game isn't entirely bad.

Piracy on the PSP isn't much of a problem though, because despite how easy it can be, there is a lack of good games commercial games for the system. Yes, I know, there are a couple good ones, but it certainly can't match the library of a handheld made by, you know, NINTENDO. Know they should be worried about piracy, as they crank out system with horrid specs that are better for more than just homebrew.

Cap'n 1time
December 31st, 2005, 04:49
Cept that companies still release old games. You know, Namco Museams, Sonic Mega Collections.

ISO discussion isn't illegal. Explaining the techniques of piracy isn't illegal. The actual act is. Posting links to ISOs is.
Yes, emulation is illegal if done for more than a certain period of time when you don't own the game. so? Do people care?

What do I do about the the rediculous ban on piracy discussion? Just leave to board, and go to ones that have more sense untill this one realizes that backing up a commercial game isn't entirely bad.

Piracy on the PSP isn't much of a problem though, because despite how easy it can be, there is a lack of good games commercial games for the system. Yes, I know, there are a couple good ones, but it certainly can't match the library of a handheld made by, you know, NINTENDO. Know they should be worried about piracy, as they crank out system with horrid specs that are better for more than just homebrew.

when you have a gigantic network like wraggsters and a huge paranoid company like sony it isnt wise to discuss illegal things. thats how sites get shut down. Remember supernova? of course that was on a much greater scale, but it was the same thing. your free to go to your underground "warez & romz dudez!" sites but here you will keep your mouth shut about them. No one is forcing anyone to be here. If you cant respect our rules then dont sign up. simple as that.

there are other reasons that we cant and wont try to explain to you for not doing it... if you arnt mature enough to understand it... well thats your beef.

and notice im kind enough to keep this topic open. i figure everyone needs one place to bitch about somthing, its healthy. just try to keep it clean and as always warez free. ;)

Heran_Bago
January 6th, 2006, 01:13
when you have a gigantic network like wraggsters and a huge paranoid company like sony it isnt wise to discuss illegal things. thats how sites get shut down.But you didn't at all address that discussing it alone is legal. The entire process is legal up until the online distribution. It's legal to describe backing up, modifying, and playing games. It's illegal to talk about how to make it so thousands of people can download it.

Remember supernova? of course that was on a much greater scale, but it was the same thing.Same thing? except how you know, suprnova took the tracker down themselfs, and weren't shut down by any company. After that they got ambitios and started a P2P program which failed because no one liked it. Suprnova never fell under any corporate pressure.

your free to go to your underground "warez & romz dudez!" sites but here you will keep your mouth shut about them.Once again, you fail to distinguish between legal backups and illegal ones. I don't WANT to discuss piracy at fine boards such as this, ISO discussion can easily be moderated to be kept clean and legal.

there are other reasons that we cant and wont try to explain to you for not doing it... if you arnt mature enough to understand it... well thats your beefYou can't come up with a good reason, and you won't try to rationalize your decision. That somehow makes me immature. Grow up. =P

and notice im kind enough to keep this topic openThanks, this is nice of you. And it's only natural to leave this pinned topic open when ya don't close the 50 that ask "can I play emulators on my firmware" from people who don't read pinned topics.

Kaiser
January 7th, 2006, 07:04
Please, read pinned topics like this one (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=14830). You see, the staff doesn't need to explain why it's against the rules.

Don't say stupid things like this. 1time explained it fully. The resaon I reply to this statment here is so that stupid thread will die.

But you didn't at all address that discussing it alone is legal. The entire process is legal up until the online distribution. It's legal to describe backing up, modifying, and playing games. It's illegal to talk about how to make it so thousands of people can download it.

Once again, you fail to distinguish between legal backups and illegal ones. I don't WANT to discuss piracy at fine boards such as this, ISO discussion can easily be moderated to be kept clean and legal.

The point is that wraggster simply does not believe in PSP ISO discussion of any form. Its bad for the scene and for the PSP. The PSP community shouldn't look the other way and allow the legal "back-up" discussions either, because no one makes LEGAL back-ups, except for the people who want to share there those no longer legal back-ups. Not to mention wraggster should have complete control of what is discussed on his forums no matter what because its his right as owner of the site. Your arguing in plain legal talk but you keep avoiding this site's belief and the one thing that sets it apart from most of the other PSP sites.

USING PSP ISO's IS ****ING WRONG

Cap'n 1time
January 7th, 2006, 15:52
Thanks, this is nice of you. And it's only natural to leave this pinned topic open when ya don't close the 50 that ask "can I play emulators on my firmware" from people who don't read pinned topics.

Im too sick (i have a CODE! A CODE!) and tired (its like 9:00 AM here) to argue with you. I leave it open so that people will see how annoyed we are with people asking about this over and over and over again. your added arguments are actually helping because other people join in and give their point of view. But still the bottem line is WE DONT DISCUSS ISO'S OR WAREZ OF ANY KIND PERIOD.

Also no one is perfect, I think you mentioned before that warez was what killed the dream cast which is NOT TRUE. but thats somthing to take to the dreamcast section. theres people that can explain it better than I in that section.

Heran_Bago
January 8th, 2006, 00:14
The PSP community shouldn't look the other way and allow the legal "back-up" discussions either, because no one makes LEGAL back-ups, except for the people who want to share there those no longer legal back-ups.
THere are also people who want to modify games they own for personal use (legal. like putting new levels in a game you own, etc) and people who like how the PSP's battery life is about double when the console doesn't have to spin a disc.

However you've proven your point the reson is that discussion is illegal because "wraggster said so." In fact, that reason makes the most sense, and is the most mature reason anyone's tried to give so far.

I think you mentioned before that warez was what killed the dream cast which is NOT TRUE. but thats somthing to take to the dreamcast section.
I've never discussed dreamcast on this board. If you can quote me saying that "warez killed dreamcast," then I'll never argue here again. What I did do was prove you wrong when you claimed that suprnova got shut down by something outside suprnova.

Let's play the hypocracy game, shall we?
Good: Teaching people how to rip DVDs to PSP friendly video and re-encode what could be rented movie to watch on their PSP.
Bad: Teaching people how to backup & watch FFVII:AC for the PSP, even though getting movies to run on PSP is considered "hacking" by some, and "homebrew" by others.
Good: Making ways to run GBA games on the PSP, despite that the system and games are stiull in production, and that playing GBA ROMs on a PSP is the same economically and corporatly as playing PSP ISOs on a PC or other console.
Bad: Playing PSP ISOs on a PC or other console.

Still, you have the right to ban ISO discussion, because it's YOUR board, and you have the right to make yourself look rediculous.

Kaiser
January 8th, 2006, 03:03
THere are also people who want to modify games they own for personal use (legal. like putting new levels in a game you own, etc) and people who like how the PSP's battery life is about double when the console doesn't have to spin a disc.

Modifying Games for personal use is a different story entirely and its not required to post ISO files or even to talk about them. Surely someone could release a patches in the same vain as coders some times patch .bin files. I don't think any mod would have a problem with that. As for doubling battery life, well thats hardly and argument at all, and still doesn't warrent ISO discussion its simply not a big enough reason.

However you've proven your point the reson is that discussion is illegal because "wraggster said so." In fact, that reason makes the most sense, and is the most mature reason anyone's tried to give so far.

Okay, cool. We can agree on that.

Let's play the hypocracy game, shall we?
Good: Teaching people how to rip DVDs to PSP friendly video and re-encode what could be rented movie to watch on their PSP.

Thats a good point. But the likely-hood of someone ripping there own UMD is a lot lower then someone ripping there own DVD. Even after that though your argument still stands.

Bad: Teaching people how to backup & watch FFVII:AC for the PSP, even though getting movies to run on PSP is considered "hacking" by some, and "homebrew" by others.

I can agree with your call here if its true. Pure hypocracy. I never knew about this before can you please point out a link to a thread about this stuff.

Good: Making ways to run GBA games on the PSP, despite that the system and games are stiull in production, and that playing GBA ROMs on a PSP is the same economically and corporatly as playing PSP ISOs on a PC or other console.
Bad: Playing PSP ISOs on a PC or other console.

Best point you've made so far. I agree there are some conflicting rules on this site and this one is a major one that needs to be fixed. All I can say is the GBA is nearing the end of its life span.

Still, you have the right to ban ISO discussion, because it's YOUR board, and you have the right to make yourself look rediculous.

No, i don't think dcemu can/should be percieved as ridiculous.

What it comes down to if you look past the hypocracy is that dcemu has hopes of legitamizing PSP homebrew. As well as getting the not so legal fun of emulators. I think one unspoken rule is that dcemu will not teach or create methods in order to pirate games for the system they are developing for. In a way its method of unoffical supporting the system while fiddeling with software to get more fun out of it. It may sound like fence-sitting to you but not to wraggster and his closest staff.

Cap'n 1time
January 8th, 2006, 15:44
thank god for kaiser. you might not have said anything about the dc and im sorry, everything is a little blury thanks to this cold. anyway it isnt like I have all the time in the world to discuss why we dont support warez and iso discussion. that isnt even 1% of what the psp scene is all about. You can bitch about it all you want, thats what this thread is for, but the bottem line is there will be more warez and there will be no iso discussion. Im sorry if you dont find that mature, but I dont think demanding that someone elses very successful and long time running network network meet YOUR expectations of how it is run is very "mature" in the first place.

Heran_Bago
January 9th, 2006, 06:20
Modifying Games for personal use is a different story entirely and its not required to post ISO files or even to talk about them.
I made a way to change the tempot in any song in Lumines. It's pretty cool, but to do it, you need to dump and run your copy of the game. If I can't post about how people can do and experience this, why even post that it's possible?

Surely someone could release a patches in the same vain as coders some times patch .bin files. I don't think any mod would have a problem with that. IPS patching doesn't work on ISOs, or you get huge patches that are just as big (and essentially ARE) an ISO.

I never knew about this before can you please point out a link to a thread about this stuff. Specific thread? No. Just a lot of IRC talk and many, many programs designed to do this. PSP video 9, DVD descrambler, etc. All of these are seen as "ok" by the homebrew scene, even if the movie industry might not think so.

As well as getting the not so legal fun of emulators.Emulation is fun? One could make the argument that piracy is fun. I choose not to because it's morally/economically wrong.

that isnt even 1% of what the psp scene is all about.
Really? Give me an example of a psp homebrew IRC channel, and if its population is 99% of of the population when you add it to a typical PSP ISO channel, I will admit that I've been immature, and will forever blindly follow the no ISO discussion rule.

Kaiser
January 10th, 2006, 00:15
Okay I've been arguing the wrong way. Since the beginning I've been arguing over the moral issues of using ISO's. Arguing this way only makes you point out what you as "hypocrisy". Arguing with you has changed the how I stand on the issue. I think I finally understand why wraggster picks and chooses whats allowed and what is not. The reasoning behind it is he encourages development on the PSP as long as it doesn't hurt the PSP scene or sales.

Fact: Emulators and homebrew for the PSP are good. They make another reason to buy the PSP and indirectly can/will help its sales.

Fact: Loaders and ISOs discussion even within the legal spectrum do in fact harm the PSP scene. Any legal discussion of it which includes modifying the game will only lead to true illegal piracy. Sure that can be kept legal but not for long as someone will exploit the openess of the discussions and it will lead to piracy.

Just because something is legal doesn't mean that its good for the system and its certainly not worth creating legal "back-ups" and "modifications" when this kills the PSP. Hell, I'm actually for modifications but when the games are still in production its not worth the risk of modifying when it can hurt the system in the form of piracy.

Emulation is fun? One could make the argument that piracy is fun. I choose not to because it's morally/economically wrong.

That wasn't really an argument. I wasn't arguing that emulation is fun and therefore all fun things should be allowed. I just said it was fun! thats it.

Cap'n 1time
January 10th, 2006, 21:33
..and will forever blindly follow the no ISO discussion rule.

well if your still too stuckup to figure it out then.. damn right youll follow it blindly. That goes for any one that feels like trolling about warez. Though Sony is an evil empire we do not steal from sony. We do not offer roms on our site and we do not support the linking of any type of illegal media. Your free to have an opinion but this is not the USA, nor is it the UK. This is Wraggsters forum and what he says is law, regardless of what your rant is. You have free speech so long as it dosnt violate the rules.

Also we have our OWN psp scene. Homebrew coding STARTED the scene and thus IT IS THE SCENE. So regardless of what you do on the ancient and mostly unmodderated IRC chatrooms, it has nothing to do with us. That isnt the scene anyways.. thats a bunch of 12 year olds that over use the letter "z" and think the world revolves around them.

Heran_Bago
January 11th, 2006, 07:46
Fact: Loaders and ISOs discussion even within the legal spectrum do in fact harm the PSP scene. Any legal discussion of it which includes modifying the game will only lead to true illegal piracy. Sure that can be kept legal but not for long as someone will exploit the openess of the discussions and it will lead to piracy.
Close. Discussion does not hurt anything. discussion can get people more interested, etc. It got me coming back to this board every couple days. However, PIRACY is the problem. Not the discussion of legal backups, not even the discussion of piracy, but the act of it. There is a big difference between doing and saying. There are visible barriers.

You make a good point that emulation helps a console out. And the PSP's not-too-amazing game library, it really needs it.

well if your still too stuckup to figure it out then.. damn right youll follow it blindly
No, I said i'll follow blindly if you can prove that piracy is 1% like you claimed.

This is Wraggsters forum and what he says is law
Ya. I said that. In fact, the only senseble reason you've given so far is "Wraggster said so." Early, I said it was the most mature reason you gave. I take it back. It's the only mature reason you've given. Up there with the "we can't tell you" reason.
You are absolutly correct. This is a board. This is a dictatorship. You can make yourself look silly, lose an argument, and still win with a baning or thread closing. You're a mod.

Homebrew coding STARTED the scene and thus IT IS THE SCENE.
I could give you counter examples from how other scenes (GBA) were only made possible in part of the efforts of pirates. But how about I let the numbers talk for today's scene:

Hits Google:
psp + ISO: 3,160,000
psp + emulation: 2,380,000
psp + homebrew: 1,520,000

The scene is what people care about. I don't think you have the right to say that only 1% cares about ISOs.

So regardless of what you do on the ancient and mostly unmodderated IRC chatrooms, it has nothing to do with us. That isnt the scene anyways.. thats a bunch of 12 year olds that over use the letter "z" and think the world revolves around them.
It is completely your right as moderator to talk like you're better. But why do you keep saying "you"? I'm not into PSP piracy, I'm into modifying games I own, which is legal. I like changing textures, in-game text, etc. I don't have to enter an IRC room to do that. I don't, even. But if we must get on the subject, I'm still waiting for you to prove to me how much bigger homebrew IRC channels are than illegal ones.

Kaiser
January 11th, 2006, 08:46
Close. Discussion does not hurt anything. discussion can get people more interested, etc. It got me coming back to this board every couple days. However, PIRACY is the problem. Not the discussion of legal backups, not even the discussion of piracy, but the act of it. There is a big difference between doing and saying. There are visible barriers.

Well your right that discussion of it is bound to lead to increased interest. Of those interested people I'd say most of them would at least attempt it. If all this discussion was allowed and the information was out there, well connect the dots, it would lead to more piracy occuring because of how easy it is. I understand what your saying about the difference between doing and saying. I'm juts saying most people won't just say "Oh, thats interesting!" and then completely forget it and not even try it.

Even though this information is easy to find at other sites anyway. I don't think dcemu should just blindly support it from peer-pressure either. Dcemu is trying to create its own scene with a responisble community who avoids the darker side of homebrew developoment.

And the PSP's not-too-amazing game library, it really needs it.

Thats for sure. I think I've spent about an an eight of my playing time with my PSP on actual commercial games.

Cap'n 1time
January 11th, 2006, 15:06
ive never abused my power.. actually i used to be a real asshole on this board. Im only being nice because I AM A MOD and Dark Savior will eat my soul if I dont. I dont have ban rights and I wouldnt ban you in the first place because you havnt really done anything wrong (besides drag this conversation to hell).

As for the "you"s I meant to replace them with "warez whores" but I got side tracked. The reason I dont steal is because of my perfered community... The Linux community has everything done for them for free.. so we really dont need to steal. I dont see a point in damaging a company because you.. excuse me *warez whores* want to play your ISOz.

I honestly dont do it.. and this might seem a bit complexed for you but bare with me... I DONT DO IT BECAUSE ITS WRONG, ITS KILLING THE INTERNET, AND IT MAKES COMPANIES WASTE MORE TIME TRYING TO PROTECT THEIR SOFTWARE RATHER THAN DEVELOPING IT. Im sorry if this isnt "mature" enough for you, but its just how I feel. Actually if you just dont discuss it because "WRAGGSTER SAYS SO" then you need to get the **** out of our forums because your not here for our news. The scene started with Mr Brown and all thoes fine people at ps2dev who have the same opinion on *warez whores*. They created the open source pspsdk in hopes that it would be used to port and create games and emulators. Naturally the *warez whores* hijacked it and used it for their "UMD EMULATORS" and "ISOz". So you see, it really did start with HOMEBREW and that is what THE SCENE is about.

and here comes another annoyingly long argumentative post from you... excuse me the *warez whore*
VVVVVVV

Heran_Bago
January 14th, 2006, 07:51
Kaiser, you are very cool. You make excellent, non-radical points, and the internet would be a much better place if everyone were you.

I honestly dont do it.. and this might seem a bit complexed for you but bare with me... I DONT DO IT BECAUSE ITS WRONG, ITS KILLING THE INTERNET, AND IT MAKES COMPANIES WASTE MORE TIME TRYING TO PROTECT THEIR SOFTWARE RATHER THAN DEVELOPING IT.
I'm really sorry. You're never going to understand the difference the legal and illegal. I understand that people like you will never understand. You can hold the community back all you want.

The reason I dont steal is because of my perfered community... The Linux community has everything done for them for free.. so we really dont need to steal. I dont see a point in damaging a company I am not interested in stealing. You are the one who keeps bringing it up. Why do you talk about it so much? It's almost like you're trying to cover up...

you.. excuse me *warez whores* want to play your ISOz.
Now you're not only trying to insult me personally, but you're making false accusations. As I said, I'm interested in EDITING backups of games I own, backups which I make and play myself. Remember before it was announced for release in the US, a team was translating Popolocrois? They would not be allowed to post the translated files or explain how to play them, because it contains a heafty deal of ISO discussion.

you... excuse me the *warez whore*
Do we have to play that game? Is all you can do call me names? Why don't you respond to the points I've made in earlier posts, or backup with you say with evidence. You know, facts, logos. Untill you can properly make an organized comeback, I reccomend you train on Usenet, IRC, or even 4chan. I, however, won't rip on spelling or grammar (I suck too =P).

Cap'n 1time
January 15th, 2006, 00:40
Im sorry, Translation has little to do with ISO's. Yes you need a rip... but there is no need to discuss the fact that you have it. In fact nexis2600/psmonkey was originally working on a BOF tranlsation for psp here. If my insults seemed personal, they were. Your being a real wise ass. You have not proven anything, all you have done is maybe impress yourself...

On a final note, its perfectly possible to run translation with a program replacing the text and game data loading from the UMD... ISO's are still not nessicary. Though the process of the actually translation might require you to rip information from the UMD There is no need to discuss how.

RedKing14CA
January 15th, 2006, 03:28
Downloading video games, downloading movies, and downloading music has nothing to do with pirating UNLESSS you burn a movie, game, or some music to a CD or DVD and sell it to some one...

Just please stop calling it pirating (iso emulation), and stop calling it illegal...

im sorry if its illegal in the UK... its not illegal in the US and if they make it illegal it would be very stupid and unconstitutional (kinda like gay marriege, licences [drivers, fishing, hunting, etc.] seat belts, and forcing school upon us [its called truency?])

i under stand your annoyed, and im not telling you to change the rules or anything, just please stop calling it illegal, or pirating...

Kaiser
January 15th, 2006, 04:48
Downloading video games, downloading movies, and downloading music has nothing to do with pirating UNLESSS you burn a movie, game, or some music to a CD or DVD and sell it to some one...

NO, Its illegal to download them at all. Listen to yourself, you couldn't be more wrong. The only and I mean only way your ISO's/burnt games are legal is if you copies the exact version you have. I mean exact, downloading someone ELSE'S copied game doesn't cut it even if you have that game.

Just please stop calling it pirating (iso emulation), and stop calling it illegal...

im sorry if its illegal in the UK... its not illegal in the US and if they make it illegal it would be very stupid and unconstitutional (kinda like gay marriege, licences [drivers, fishing, hunting, etc.] seat belts, and forcing school upon us [its called truency?])

Some of the shit here you mention has no relevency to this discussion whatsover. FORCING SCHOOL UPON US?, LICENCES ARE UNCONSTITUTIONAL? Don't even start completely one sided arguments like those. Its like arguing that the world is flat you cannot win.

i under stand your annoyed, and im not telling you to change the rules or anything, just please stop calling it illegal, or pirating...

We will never call it legal because it simply isen't. Heran_Bago was keeping the argument quite moderate and he had many good points. He never argued in a non-sensical way like you just did. Even if we disagreed on parts the arguement was kept clean. Don't lie about something that is common knowledge and undisputable. Its just stupid.

Heran_Bago
January 15th, 2006, 20:34
just please stop calling it illegal, or pirating...
No. It's both. Playing a game you don't own is illegal and considered piracy. Welcome to the internet.

its perfectly possible to run translation with a program replacing the text and game data loading from the UMD... ISO's are still not nessicary.
In the history of console game translations, I can't remember a single time that it wasn't released as a modded copy of the game, or a patch which you apply to a copy of the game. Think any translation for the SNES, Genesis, GBA. Translation is nearly always modifying a game to make it english. Why would a group go way out of their way to take a non-traditional, difficult approach? They wouldn't. It's rediculous, and to assume that people would go out of their way for ONE board that doesn't discuss playing backups is rediculous.

If my insults seemed personal, they were. Your being a real wise ass. You have not proven anything, all you have done is maybe impress yourself.
Ok, so rather than and organized debate, you'd rather turn it into an insult match? That's pathetic. You stickied a thread just so you can call names at people. Notice how I avoided playing this game earlier? Notice how I changed the way Kaiser looks at ISOs? Of course not. If I were to play your game, I could easily prove you're a failure as a mod, a reasoning human, and a luddite. However, I have clearly stated my points, not just oppinions, and backed them up with factual evidence. I encourage you to stop making yourself look bad and back up your points with examples like Kaiser.

Kaiser
January 16th, 2006, 00:28
The arguemnt about if its possible to modify games without posting ISO's is outside my knowledge. But I'd like to say that its not worth looking into if any ISO discussion or releases of any ISO's is needed.

I changed the way Kaiser looks at ISOs?

For the record I still think any discussion of "legal back-ups" shouldn't be allowed. Even if so called discussion is for legal modifying and the like its still not worth it. My argument is somewhat different now do to this discussion but I still support how wraggster has the rules set up. The reasoning behind wraggster's so called "picking and choosing of rules" is he encourages development on the PSP as long as it doesn't hurt the PSP scene or sales. I agree with wraggsters rules and I think no changes are needed. At least not the way your saying they should change.

Fact: Emulators and homebrew for the PSP are good. They make another reason to buy the PSP and indirectly can/will help its sales.

Fact: Loaders and ISOs discussion even within the legal spectrum do in fact harm the PSP scene. Any legal discussion of it which includes modifying the game will only lead to true illegal piracy. Sure that can be kept legal but not for long as someone will exploit the openess of the discussions and it will lead to piracy. Well your right that discussion of it is bound to lead to increased interest. Of those interested people I'd say most of them would at least attempt it. If all this discussion was allowed and the information was out there, well connect the dots, it would lead to more piracy occuring because of how easy it is. I understand what your saying about the difference between doing and saying. I'm juts saying most people won't just say "Oh, thats interesting!" and then completely forget it and not even try it.

Even though this information is easy to find at other sites anyway. I don't think dcemu should just blindly support it from peer-pressure either. Dcemu is trying to create its own scene with a responisble community who avoids the darker side of homebrew developoment. Just because something is legal doesn't mean that its good for the system and its certainly not worth creating legal "back-ups" and "modifications" when this kills the PSP. Hell, I'm actually for modifications but when the games are still in production its not worth the risk of modifying when it can hurt the system in the form of piracy.

That is my current argument and standing. My quote has been edited to combine a number of posts as well.

Heran_Bago
January 17th, 2006, 05:16
Fact: Emulators and homebrew for the PSP are good. They make another reason to buy the PSP and indirectly can/will help its sales.Very much agreed. Piracy isn't a big factor in why people buy PSPs because frankly, there are no good commercial games, and UMD movies (and music) sales are stilll far behind DVDs and CDs.

Fact: Loaders and ISOs discussion even within the legal spectrum do in fact harm the PSP scene.Discussion, no. Piracy? Yes. However if a board limits to legal discussion only, then piracy has nothing to do with the board itself. There are pleanty of people who find out about homebrew and that leads to piracy off of homebrew boards. People will find out about piracy weather or not a board has legal discussion. However illegal discussion (posting links, torrents, etc) are downright harmfull, and up the ease and mobility of piracy.

Any legal discussion of it which includes modifying the game will only lead to true illegal piracy.Once again, game translations and all software mods.

Sure that can be kept legal but not for long as someone will exploit the openess of the discussions and it will lead to piracy.If mods do their job, this can be avoided. however I understand why you might not think the mods are up to the challenge. It's probably best that ISO discussion be avoided on this paticular board, as the competency of the staff is questionable at best. Like that old saying, better to be an idiot than a criminal, ey?

Piracy is never going to be a major problem for this system as there aren't enough games that are good enough for people to want to pay for. If person A doesn't buy a game because its bad, and person B gets the game without paying, the result is the same for a company. The people that are interested will always find piracy. And when people find out they can run home-made games, they look into running real games. It's what happens, and its caled the internet. Just by helping run homebrew on the newer firmwares, it's helping the pirates. Homebrew is basically weed, where piracy is heroine. SOny'd like both the harmfull drug and the gateway drug illegal.

Cap'n 1time
January 17th, 2006, 15:53
OK.. calming down. I apologize for my last statments, they were uncalled for and dare I say, stupid. Your an alright guy Heran_Bago, and a real hardass at the same time (a noble trait).

Starting from the VERY begining.

Homebrew is in no way harmful. If you know your facts about the xbox, then you know that the Software Dev Kit was stolen and leaked on the internet. This is not the case for the psp. The opensource PSPSDK was developed from scratch legally, but we arent going to go into that.

Now here is the iffy part. WHAT IS THE DIFFERANCE BETWEEN DOWNLOADING ROMS AND DOWNLOADING PSP ISO'S?

Morally... nothing. They are both wrong. Both are illegal rips of game content.
However Downloading Roms from dead machines is not harming the companies or costing them money.. so they dont care... this discussion continued later. I have to go

Xan
January 17th, 2006, 16:16
For roms there are legal sites where you pay monthly fee and can dl old games.
Site owner makes money , compay gets some money for stuff that would never normaly sell and you can just dl them legaly.
Not gona post link but search for yourself 10-15$ per month isnt that much ;/.

Kaiser
January 18th, 2006, 05:29
If mods do their job, this can be avoided. however I understand why you might not think the mods are up to the challenge. It's probably best that ISO discussion be avoided on this paticular board, as the competency of the staff is questionable at best. Like that old saying, better to be an idiot than a criminal, ey?

I can partially agree on that. But I think its not a matter of competence but I think the PSP section in particular is understaffed. 1time has his hands full dealing with all the forums by himself. The rest of the staff only drops by the occasionally. You should have seen the amount of Piracy threads before 1time became a mod. But I still don't think ISO/Loader discussion should be allowed, even for modification purposes, at least not yet. One thing I can safely say is that the PSP scene being in its infancy has not yet matured enough for any sort of safe discussion on modding games. That go's for all PSP homebrew sites. Lets face it there are way to many noobs who would misuse the information being given to them.

Piracy is never going to be a major problem for this system as there aren't enough games that are good enough for people to want to pay for. If person A doesn't buy a game because its bad, and person B gets the game without paying, the result is the same for a company. The people that are interested will always find piracy. And when people find out they can run home-made games, they look into running real games. It's what happens, and its caled the internet. Just by helping run homebrew on the newer firmwares, it's helping the pirates. Homebrew is basically weed, where piracy is heroine. SOny'd like both the harmfull drug and the gateway drug illegal.

I agree, aside from the Piracy thing never becoming a problem. The PSP is to young to make such an assumption. Piracy will never be snuffed out that is information even big name companies must be forced to swallow. But that doesn't mean we should give up fighting it. We should try to minimize its damage every chance we get. Sure we open up doors for Piracy because of our craving for homebrew. Meh so what? Even if all we can do is discourage heroin while we smoke our weed so be it. Heroin is a lot more dangerous then weed.

EDIT:

SWEET JESUS HERAN_BAGO I KNEW I RECOGNIZED THAT NAME! Your a Sonic 2 beta junkie aren't you? Know a nice little guy named Simon Wai?

I used to be a "cult" follower until the "old" owner sold out

The PSP scene could use a Tech Member

Cap'n 1time
January 18th, 2006, 14:55
For roms there are legal sites where you pay monthly fee and can dl old games.
Site owner makes money , compay gets some money for stuff that would never normaly sell and you can just dl them legaly.
Not gona post link but search for yourself 10-15$ per month isnt that much ;/.

yeah, ive seen roms being sold on CD for MAME before.. Also there is that one that has all thoes commercials.. feel free to post a link to that. I often question if they are actually legitimate.. Id be interested in hearing how they confirm their stuff is legal..

Anyway, we are not refering to GBA and DS roms.. I mean old stuff from dead machines. While it is illegal you are not really hurting the company sales by downloading them. Downloading PSP ISO's is very damaging to the company and actually might be damaging to our homebrew scene because these "ISO emulators" were developed with the homebrew sdk. Now Sony, being the paranoid jerks they are probably would have locked down the system even if "ISO emulators" were never made... Anyway, my #1 reason for dling ISO's is because they hurt the companies that produced them.. Sony can go to hell and die, but the great 3rd party companies dont need to suffer.

What annoyed me about your comments was that you seemed to imply that I was some kind of drone that ignorantly follows wraggsters commands. I however was chosen for this job as a mod (even though I was the biggest asshole on the whole forum) only because I looked at the whole ISO discussion like that.

I'll get to why I lock any threads that dsicuss ISO's when I get back.. Till them just reflect on whats already been stated. And once again, forgive my ignorance in the above posts. That was idiotic, and you were right to be offended.

IndianCheese
January 18th, 2006, 22:56
hey 1time christmas is over you can change your sig back

Heran_Bago
January 22nd, 2006, 06:02
ROMs aren't completely exctinct. Nintdo and Sega are very well known for integrating emulators and ROMs into commercial games. Animal Crossing, the Classic NES series, and the Sonic Mega Collection/Gems series all use an internal ROM and emulator. Word is the Nintendo Revolution will also include emulators where you can pay to download games.

That Sonic Crackers avatar.... A REAL SONIC FAN!?

I used to go to the CulT too! That place was awesome! Then Pachuka got arrested for raping some girl, and my new (much better) home is SWS2B! Come on over!

Kaiser
January 24th, 2006, 00:13
That Sonic Crackers avatar.... A REAL SONIC FAN!?

I used to go to the CulT too! That place was awesome! Then Pachuka got arrested for raping some girl, and my new (much better) home is SWS2B! Come on over!

Hahaha, you bet I'll see If I'll register there maybe in the next few days or so. Kinda of busy I got some projects going on. I've only really lurked at SWS2B. How hard is it to get past trial-member status now? Sometimes they'll let just about anyone in and other times they are pretty nazi about membership.

PS: Sanik teh Hadgehag Too is on my PSP :)

These I've yet to put on my MS

Sonic Advance 3: Extreem Manseckz?
Mario Super 1: Gayer Game!

Heran_Bago
January 24th, 2006, 04:07
Those three ROM hacks are jokes. =P. And don't even bother with SA3:EM unless it's on Visual Boy Advance. You're going to want to play that sucker at full speed.

If you post on SWS2B like you do here, you'll get accepted no problem. If the test is too tough, a techie (me) can send you an invite to bypass the test. You're a cool guy and I bet you'd fit in.

Cap'n 1time
January 24th, 2006, 14:15
hey 1time christmas is over you can change your sig back

uh... i lost it :p

IndianCheese
January 26th, 2006, 02:30
Hey Kaiser, have you ever tried the Sonic Crackers beta rom? I have it on my PSP right now, and it is pretty awesome. The music is good, too.

Kaiser
January 26th, 2006, 07:19
Hey Kaiser, have you ever tried the Sonic Crackers beta rom? I have it on my PSP right now, and it is pretty awesome. The music is good, too.

Well considering the sprite in my avatar is from Sonic Crackers, I'm pretty sure I've played it, a lot. Ya the music is good, Its actually taken from other sonic games like Knuckles Chaotix. Its an interesting little rom.

Heran_Bago
January 28th, 2006, 06:16
It's more likely the other way around. Sonic Crackers later became Knuckles' Ring Star, and development was switched over to the 32X. We don't exactly know what team made Chaotix or Crackers, as Yuji Naka keeps that information classified in all interviews asking.

I personally think it is somehow connected to the MARS color format which Sega stole from Nintendo's SNES (RGB 555, intel format). Although without a BIOS source code or SNES dev kit, this can't be proven at a technical level. We do, however, have a 32X SDK. =P But that issue of color formats on non-native hardware is off-topic. ISOs = bad.

Kaiser
January 29th, 2006, 07:19
It's more likely the other way around. Sonic Crackers later became Knuckles' Ring Star, and development was switched over to the 32X. We don't exactly know what team made Chaotix or Crackers, as Yuji Naka keeps that information classified in all interviews asking.

I personally think it is somehow connected to the MARS color format which Sega stole from Nintendo's SNES (RGB 555, intel format). Although without a BIOS source code or SNES dev kit, this can't be proven at a technical level. We do, however, have a 32X SDK. =P But that issue of color formats on non-native hardware is off-topic. ISOs = bad.

Yeah I should have said "shares" rather then "taken" (We still don't know for sure what came first, even though most assume Chaotix came after). But I doubt anyone at dcemu would know any better (cept for a techie Heran_Bago). However on SWS2B I'd probably get publicly castrated for such a comment. I've been absent from the sonic hacking scene way to long. Again off topic. We can continue that discussion through PM's. Thats the last Sonic post I promise.

Frogboy
January 30th, 2006, 04:50
I find this whole discussion quite amusing. We’re discussing the legal and moral aspects of ISO ripping on the PSP Development & Hacking Forum. In my understanding, the PSP is a closed system and any non-licensed (homebrew) development for the PSP would be illegal. Companies have the right to say how you may or may not use their product and I’m guessing that hacking firmware falls under the “may not” category. Technically speaking, this entire forum is dedicated to discussing things that aren’t legal. I could be wrong on this issue but I’m guessing that this is why Sony spends so much time and effort trying to stamp out the whole homebrew scene for the PSP. I’m not sure why. This is the same company that sold the “Black Playstation” to the same people that are now hacking the living daylights out of the PSP. Oh, what ironies.

AtariFreek
February 16th, 2006, 22:58
Anybody Who Uses ISO's And Calls Themself A Good Person Is A Poor Lazy S.O.B.

Libernullmal
February 27th, 2006, 19:23
Anybody Who Uses ISO's And Calls Themself A Good Person Is A Poor Lazy S.O.B.
I'm a good person (I am pro population control) Less people means less worries and less worries means less complaining meaning less stupid people, in hand there would be less Piraters, hackers, and a better world :D

nielsss
March 9th, 2006, 17:16
i need to say this: i downgraded my 2.0 psp to 1.50 and i'm emulating 2.50.
i'm useing the the mph game loader. but now the bad part....i'm using FASTLOADER and downloaded tenchu, nfs most wanted, prince of persia, x-man, the con, medievel i need to stop i know what i'm doing is wrong but could not resist the homebrew was just not enough :(

now i'm downloading fired up it's like sigarets I'M ADDICTED

sorry for my bad english

meanman
March 9th, 2006, 20:55
i need to say this: i downgraded my 2.0 psp to 1.50 and i'm emulating 2.50.
i'm useing the the mph game loader. but now the bad part....i'm using FASTLOADER and downloaded tenchu, nfs most wanted, prince of persia, x-man, the con, medievel i need to stop i know what i'm doing is wrong but could not resist the homebrew was just not enough :(

now i'm downloading fired up it's like sigarets I'M ADDICTED

sorry for my bad english
The devil will take u away and u will burn in hell! ;) No! I don't think pirecy is wrong, i bet everybody on this forum has downloaded some sort or pirecy software or game, so don't feel bad about ur self nielsss..lol ur "addicted to download pirecy games" :D

And emulators, do u all sit and play homebrew emulator games!? Give me a break! U download roms that you play on yuor emulators, and that is pirecy too, isn't it? :D

Cap'n 1time
March 9th, 2006, 21:18
u no everything dont u. thank u so very much for poiting all this out for us. u r so smart and now we r going to change r ways because u totally missed the point. thank u soooooooo much! i mean, where would we be without u pointing that out to us for the 10000 time. I MEAN ITS ESPECIALLY HELPFULL SINCE WE DONT ALLOW FOR ROM LINKS TO BE POSTED ON THIS SITE PERIOD. No 1 else has pointed that out to us yet. U R super smart! thank u so much for your valuable input and u'r fine missusage of letters! we love it when people do that! it makes u look sooooooo smart! omg I want to join your fan club! let me join your fan club and then we can continue to repeat the same things over and over again together! omg u r so great! thank u again for that. now my day is soooooo much brighter! hugs and kisses all around!

no we dont allow any sort of "pirecy". Nothing is illegal about hosting emulators on a site.. they are totally legal programs. Any attempts to post links to commerical roms or iso's will get the poster of that thread in a hella alot of trouble. mmmkay? mmmkay. Now lets not repeat this stupid idea again.

THANK U! HAVE A G0OD D4Y! :D

meanman
March 9th, 2006, 21:41
u no everything dont u. thank u so very much for poiting all this out for us. u r so smart and now we r going to change r ways because u totally missed the point. thank u soooooooo much! i mean, where would we be without u pointing that out to us for the 10000 time. I MEAN ITS ESPECIALLY HELPFULL SINCE WE DONT ALLOW FOR ROM LINKS TO BE POSTED ON THIS SITE PERIOD. No 1 else has pointed that out to us yet. U R super smart! thank u so much for your valuable input and u'r fine missusage of letters! we love it when people do that! it makes u look sooooooo smart! omg I want to join your fan club! let me join your fan club and then we can continue to repeat the same things over and over again together! omg u r so great! thank u again for that. now my day is soooooo much brighter! hugs and kisses all around!

no we dont allow any sort of "pirecy". Nothing is illegal about hosting emulators on a site.. they are totally legal programs. Any attempts to post links to commerical roms or iso's will get the poster of that thread in a hella alot of trouble. mmmkay? mmmkay. Now lets not repeat this stupid idea again.

THANK U! HAVE A G0OD D4Y! :D

Thx man! Have a good day u too! [cought]Yeah[cought]

Kaiser
March 9th, 2006, 23:26
Well as stated in other threads

Roms- Though we won't discuss it, pretty much everyone here downloads roms. I'm not talking about freeware ones. The legality is solid. We are all breaking the law. But this is our own problem and as long as we don't discuss them we are all fine at dcemu. Dcemu's policy about this is everyone does it, just don't discuss it. I mean its easy to justify old NES or Genesis roms because it is hard to find a working cartridge of games such as Sonic The Hedgehog or The Legend of Zelda. That is an unspoken agreement within the dcemu community. Its okay just don't talk about it here.

ISOs- ISO's and in fact any discussion of attaining these files is banned completely. It has no unspoken agreement on dcemu. Simply put, whether attaining these ISOs through legal means or otherwise discussion is not allowed. The discussion of ISO's for any system that is currently being supported (e.g; PSP, PS2 and/or Xbox) is not only banned but discouraged. Meaning not only can you not talk about it but you are encouraged not to do it!

What it comes down to
-Downlaoding Old Roms do not harm current systems or companies
-Downloading ISO's for current systems will harm that console

meanman
March 10th, 2006, 12:41
Well as stated in other threads

Roms- Though we won't discuss it, pretty much everyone here downloads roms. I'm not talking about freeware ones. The legality is solid. We are all breaking the law. But this is our own problem and as long as we don't discuss them we are all fine at dcemu. Dcemu's policy about this is everyone does it, just don't discuss it. I mean its easy to justify old NES or Genesis roms because it is hard to find a working cartridge of games such as Sonic The Hedgehog or The Legend of Zelda. That is an unspoken agreement within the dcemu community. Its okay just don't talk about it here.

ISOs- ISO's and in fact any discussion of attaining these files is banned completely. It has no unspoken agreement on dcemu. Simply put, whether attaining these ISOs through legal means or otherwise discussion is not allowed. The discussion of ISO's for any system that is currently being supported (e.g; PSP, PS2 and/or Xbox) is not only banned but discouraged. Meaning not only can you not talk about it but you are encouraged not to do it!

What it comes down to
-Downlaoding Old Roms do not harm current systems or companies
-Downloading ISO's for current systems will harm that console

sarcastic?/But if the games are in .bin , .cue , .zip, .rar. Can i link to those pages???????\sarcastic?

Cap'n 1time
March 10th, 2006, 14:32
sarcastic?/But if the games are in .bin , .cue , .zip, .rar. Can i link to those pages???????\sarcastic?

whats with the sarcastic tags... now your confusing me.

no. whatever format the file is in, if its a commerical file that is illegaly distributed you cant post links to it.

meanman
March 10th, 2006, 18:19
whats with the sarcastic tags... now your confusing me.

no. whatever format the file is in, if its a commerical file that is illegaly distributed you cant post links to it.

No i'm just joking:D/sarcastic?\ :confused:

y0 1timeuser http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93403#post93403

Kaiser
March 11th, 2006, 15:42
Thanks for the tip meanman :)

Abstract3000
March 21st, 2006, 16:14
What a Stupid Post Indiancheese what the hell did you think people are going to post about when they have forum topic of "Hacking & Development" rather than trying to pin point at people who ask the questions take a look at yourselves and what you invited.

Kaiser
March 22nd, 2006, 05:58
What a Stupid Post Indiancheese what the hell did you think people are going to post about when they have forum topic of "Hacking & Development" rather than trying to pin point at people who ask the questions take a look at yourselves and what you invited.

You must know not all hacking must lead to piracy. Their are different classifications of hacking. Look these terms up in wikipedia or something.

BLACK HAT HACKING= Bad! The ISO Loader is a good example

WHITE HAT HACKING = Good! :) Hello World

GREY HAT HACKING = Sometimes bad sometimes good. The blurry line between something illegal and legal. The MPH UMD loader is and example of good grey hat hacking. Emulators can sometimes be considered Grey hat hacking to.

We will lock any thread talking about Black Hat hacking. Sometimes the grey threads will be locked if they go sour as well.

Hawkeyefile
March 22nd, 2006, 07:06
i dunno whats so bad about iso's i only use iso's of games that i bought, mainly because cd in my house dont last a second. and best of all its nice to cram upto 10 cd's (that you legally own) on a card the size of your thumb.

Kaiser
March 24th, 2006, 03:31
i dunno whats so bad about iso's i only use iso's of games that i bought, mainly because cd in my house dont last a second. and best of all its nice to cram upto 10 cd's (that you legally own) on a card the size of your thumb.

Back-up ISO's are usually made for illegal distribution. Despite what you may tell us your using them for, the discussion on how to make them and where to get them is not allowed. I'm not accusing you of being a pirate either, I'm just pointing out why the rules are the way they are.

Hawkeyefile
March 24th, 2006, 05:28
then shall we close this topic?

Lebow
March 26th, 2006, 04:13
i belevie it is only legal to download the iso and use it for personal use only and if you upload the iso it is ilegal

IndianCheese
March 26th, 2006, 08:05
What you "believe" what is and isn't legal isn't up to you. It is actually up to what is and isn't illegal. Imagine that. The bottom line is that as long as you stay away from ISOs, you are fine. If you want to make backups for the sole purpose of having backups, be my guest. But don't go asking around on the forums about them.

P.S. When I say backups, I mean your backups that you made yourself with your own UMD. Not someone's from on the internet. That too is illegal. I don't have a law book, but I will say that, if I remember right, ISOs are only legal if made yourself and used by yourself ONLY. And I don't even know if that is true.

And to the other guy above: I wonder when oggs will get popular...

volcomiso
April 5th, 2006, 23:55
Does anyone want to give away any ISO's I am new at this and have something called Firmware 1.5 and also fastloader and umd eumlator can anyone help me out please? If so pm me thanks

Cap'n 1time
April 6th, 2006, 01:13
Does anyone want to give away any ISO's I am new at this and have something called Firmware 1.5 and also fastloader and umd eumlator can anyone help me out please? If so pm me thanks

... your an idiot. leave.

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 01:20
atleast he knew how to use forum search

PSPdemon
April 6th, 2006, 01:31
lol...

this really needs to be discontinued... this thread has gone on for to long... just wish the world would be less bumber and more smarter...:)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

RedKing14CA
April 6th, 2006, 01:54
Your Welcome :D

LOL... yeah... ive learned not to discuss ISOz here... but i still dont know what warez is.. and i dont know how to become a PSP User instead of DCemu Regular!!!

Kaiser
April 6th, 2006, 03:11
lol...

this really needs to be discontinued... this thread has gone on for to long... just wish the world would be less bumber and more smarter...:)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Agreed and un-stickied.

LOL... yeah... ive learned not to discuss ISOz here... but i still dont know what warez is.. and i dont know how to become a PSP User instead of DCemu Regular!!!

1.warez --->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez

2. USER CP
Group Memberships

SSaxdude
April 12th, 2006, 17:58
I don't see what is so wrong with isos. I mean, it is still piracy, but the companies that make games for the PSP are still making a lot of money.

jman420
April 13th, 2006, 00:03
haha!!! no they arent, I work for a video game company working in 3D.. I get payed 300k a year to sit on my ass... they do make money no doubt, but they shell 99% of it back out to pay us workers.. ISO piracy is not somthing that can be justified.. companys may make money, but they dont get to keep it.. so when 90% of the people that played untold legends downloaded the iso of it, you have no idea how much money they lost making that game...

And furthermore! ISO's are the only reason that sony disbanded homebrew, its retards like you that made it so homebrew cant be on psp anymore.. people that beleave that ISO's are a justifiable way of getting a game because the companys are still making money, just think about this its your fault.. its because of you that videogames are going to eventualy die out (except for homebrew) and its your fault that Sony had to take extreme measures and hault all homebrew activity...
Thank You.

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 00:59
haha!!! no they arent, I work for a video game company working in 3D.. I get payed 300k a year to sit on my ass... they do make money no doubt, but they shell 99% of it back out to pay us workers.. ISO piracy is not somthing that can be justified.. companys may make money, but they dont get to keep it.. so when 90% of the people that played untold legends downloaded the iso of it, you have no idea how much money they lost making that game...

And furthermore! ISO's are the only reason that sony disbanded homebrew, its retards like you that made it so homebrew cant be on psp anymore.. people that beleave that ISO's are a justifiable way of getting a game because the companys are still making money, just think about this its your fault.. its because of you that videogames are going to eventualy die out (except for homebrew) and its your fault that Sony had to take extreme measures and hault all homebrew activity...
Thank You.

Valve lost over .5 million dollars with half-life 1 because of piracy!

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 01:00

chickenclaws
April 13th, 2006, 01:00
i think a mod should lock this thread

it doesnt deserve to be on DCEMU
cause this place is to good for warez

Cooe14
April 13th, 2006, 02:34
You guys send mixed messages: at the psp news page (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/) on the top there is a bunch of words- "psp hacking psp emulators psp homebrew" well sometimes i come on here on that list low an behold is "PSP iso's " wtf :confused: soooo when someone types psp iso's in at google dcemu will be on the list (eventually). Now i really like this site but you should remove that (if you haven't already).

bibipili
April 13th, 2006, 03:49
psp iso questions belong in google :D

edit: and yahoo! :D

Cap'n 1time
April 13th, 2006, 04:03
i wanted one place for it to be questioned... i guess we can let this HELL SPAWNED TRASH go though eh? locked... FOREVER!