PDA

View Full Version : Sony Paid for Fake PSP Graffiti?

wraggster
December 4th, 2005, 17:48
Source - Slashdot (http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/12/04/0457249&tid=233&tid=133&tid=207&tid=98)

It would appear that the Sony Corporation (known for their world-class rootkits) paid graffitists to paint pictures of children using their new PSPs on city walls. Sony "artists" (corporate operatives?) have even been caught in the act of painting advertising campaigns on public walls. Note that these are not paid-for billboards or advertising media, but illegal graffiti in the first place. Beyond that, Sony is attempting to co-opt the subculture and possibly even artistic integrity of real graffists to sell more PSPs! Luckily, people have started to paint back and show that corporate vandals are not welcome." Though it does appear the vandal depicted is copying the image off of a sheet of paper, there's no real proof of Sony's complicity. Take with a grain of salt

chronoswing
December 4th, 2005, 20:27
... But it wasn't illegal, they actually got the permission of the buisness or resident owners, before creating the Ad.

http://www.psp-spot.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5100

SoQb0nc5r
December 4th, 2005, 21:09
looks like a very interesting advertisment campaigning

Drumst1ck
December 4th, 2005, 23:11
ahh thats sick :'( Lousy sony, going through these lengths to advertise... trying to relate to consumers through a graffiti medium... mental man :(

chronoswing
December 5th, 2005, 01:14
I don't see what the big deal is, Sony isn't the first company to do this, Here is a short list of other companies who have hired the same graffiti artists to do the same thing.
Coca Cola
JobDirect.com
Lugs
Firestone
ReeBok
MTV Labs
Music Factory
Ritmo Latino

This is was all completely legal, nobody has anything to complain about when they were legally put on those walls! They had permission from the owners of the buildings, the only people they should be complaining to is the building owners for allowing the grafiti on their walls.

Drumst1ck
December 6th, 2005, 01:23
Ah what I was getting at was not the legality of it, I just can't stand advertising thats all :) Just my opinion.... You know when they released the N64 Nintendo gave out free consoles to the popular kid in a few schools to pressure the others into obtaining one. Advertising in everyones face :'(

FreeWorld
December 6th, 2005, 01:27
what do you guys mean "fake psp graffiti"?