PDA

View Full Version : WiiSX - PSX Emulator for Nintendo Wii & Gamecube Preview Video

wraggster
September 8th, 2008, 20:46
Emu_Kidid, Tehpola and Sepp256 have been working on a new project whilst they continue to work on the Nintendo 64 emulator for the Nintendo Wii, this new project is a PSX Emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube, Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/gsx5przouqk

looks great no news of a release yet, basic input and cdrom support are working but no sound as yet so its going to be a while, but the minute its released we will have it here at DCEmu

Discuss the Video Via Comments

via tehskeen (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8805)

mcdougall57
September 8th, 2008, 21:15
looks promising

vicious1988
September 8th, 2008, 21:22
Wow. Its further along than I thought. Very nice. Congrats to all involved.

icecoolwas
September 8th, 2008, 22:10
*Cough* Leaked *cough*

WiiSX Revision42 (BETA) [Emulateur PSX]

I compiled the sources of emulation PCSX whose port is under development by notament emukidid.
I said that it is not because I have compiled the sources that I have contributed to developement. Compiling it takes 5 minutes, I've just recovered on their server.

Thus:
Create a directory named PSXISOS the root of your Memory Stick.
Put it iso renamed GAME.ISO in this directory.

The port is far from perfect, but it is nevertheless very encouraging: p

After a brief test on final fantasy 7 (version pal fr), I found that
videos row and the game is a bit quicker (but perhaps simply
due to 50hz).

By against the emulator planted in the first loading of combat.

The game works only with the pad Gamecube, and the sound is absent.

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/139027357/W … 2.rar.html

Source : http://code.google.com/p/pcsxgc/

icecoolwas
September 8th, 2008, 22:24
Also.. Hmm.. Problems to be ironed out =]

1. Get full speed working, Its 100% possible, the psp emulates psx at 100% on 222mhz =]
2. add SD saving, to PSXSAVES folder
3. Make sound work.
4. Add multiplayer support.
5. Since PS1 games are CD-ROM then we have a problem with my suggestion, although there is a better solution, Get ps1 Isos, get 8gb DVD-ROM disc, burn the Isos to the disc through windows as ISO Data files, DVD-ROM gets read through PS1 emulator using LIBDI, So basically, we can have about 6-12 Actual full ps1 games on a 8gb dvd disc, No more swap disc for swap disc games =]
6. Double Disc Plugin, so when it says, please Insert disc two of metal gear solid or for any other game that does disc swapping, Wiisx would detect this and Give you the option to swap to a different Iso, from either disc or Sd card.

and as for controllers, you can use a actual ps1/ps2 controller on the Wii's Gamecube ports using this adapter.

http://tinyurl.com/PSX-GC-adapter

So basically, you've got a PS1 in a Wii =]

All the problems ive stated are easy for the Hackers to solve, theres no exploits needed, cos we've got all we need.

Extras

Extra 2 Ports! 4 players, no multitap needed =]

masterchief929
September 8th, 2008, 22:48
very nice. i am looking forward to playing ff8 again. the first disc of ff8 was ruined because of a dog. :/

Eviltaco64
September 8th, 2008, 22:51
Wow, very nice!
I was just talking about how I wanted someone to continue this project last night :D

mikebeaver
September 8th, 2008, 22:53
WOW!!!!, that is looking rathwer tasty if I do say so, looking forward to a nice build of this some time soon then :p

Mike..

agenericperson
September 8th, 2008, 22:54
Amazing news. Also I didn't know about the ps2 adapter for the gamecube. I'll have to get one of those.

KristenBaldousor
September 8th, 2008, 23:01
Man, this looks pretty nice actually

I already have my Ps3 to play ps1 games (i have also a ps2 but i don't have ps1 mems, so Ps3 saves me from buying them) but with this i can play PSX games that I hand't found to buy, and maybe never buy, xDDDDDDD

Man, 'll be looking forward to this one, also, playing isos from the DVD would be awesome!!!!

XXXW0
September 9th, 2008, 06:02
YEEEESSSS!!! Finally I can be able to play ps1 isos soon!!!! WHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

nambit
September 9th, 2008, 08:41
Oh man, hearing the music makes me miss Orbital... :(

davidw89
September 9th, 2008, 14:49
Playback not smooth yet : (

Btw how are we going to store the games? Like PS1 games like FVII are really big..SD card or burn to DVD?

Support for Wii Remote, Nunchuck and Classic Controller :D

KristenBaldousor
September 9th, 2008, 17:23
Playback not smooth yet : (

Btw how are we going to store the games? Like PS1 games like FVII are really big..SD card or burn to DVD?

Support for Wii Remote, Nunchuck and Classic Controller :D

If ya pay attention to the post, you should read that this is in pre beta state, so its obvious (well, seems that to some of us at least) that playback is not that smooth

Also, he states that the isos are stored on a PSXISOS folder in the root of the SD

icecoolwas
September 9th, 2008, 20:59
Omg.. classic controller and Nunchuk and Wii remote? Dude not enough buttons, the gamecube controller is missing r2 and l2.. thats why ive came with an elegant solution..

you can use a actual ps1/ps2 controller on the Wii's Gamecube ports using this adapter.

It supports vibe =]

davidw89
September 10th, 2008, 01:35
yeah but not everyone is going to buy that....so hence the problem
classic controller should be fine..

kevenz
September 10th, 2008, 04:54
yeah classic controller for everything imo :)

XXXW0
September 10th, 2008, 07:36
NO its all about the Wing from nyko

icecoolwas
September 10th, 2008, 16:47
Well you either buy that adapter and use a psx controller to achieve almost 100% PSX Expierence, or you can buy a £15 Classic controller that misses the feeling and a few buttons.

Tbh not everyone also has a classic controller.. it'd be cheaper to buy a ps2 controller and the adapter.

agenericperson
September 11th, 2008, 04:12
The classic controller actually has the same number of buttons. There's a ZL and a ZR plus L and R. Plus ABXY and + and -.

Though I don't know if ZL and ZR are mapped differently... Would be interesting to find out.

Drego
September 11th, 2008, 06:29
Omg.. classic controller and Nunchuk and Wii remote? Dude not enough buttons, the gamecube controller is missing r2 and l2.. thats why ive came with an elegant solution..

you can use a actual ps1/ps2 controller on the Wii's Gamecube ports using this adapter.

It supports vibe =]

I have one of those.

Also you do realize there is a flaw in your logic. There are ALWAYS enough buttons, just have to know how to locate them. For instance there is no R2/L2 on a PSP so they mapped them to the thumb stick. <-L2 R2-> ^L2+R2 Simple... seeing as the gamecube controller works the same way.

PS: If they modified it so the FPS was locked at 60-70 fps, the video MIGHT run more smoothly. I know it does when you do that on a PC....

icecoolwas
September 11th, 2008, 20:53
I have one of those.

Also you do realize there is a flaw in your logic. There are ALWAYS enough buttons, just have to know how to locate them. For instance there is no R2/L2 on a PSP so they mapped them to the thumb stick. <-L2 R2-> ^L2+R2 Simple... seeing as the gamecube controller works the same way.

PS: If they modified it so the FPS was locked at 60-70 fps, the video MIGHT run more smoothly. I know it does when you do that on a PC....

Nah, I have a PSP, I was playing mgs1 on it through cfw, and trust me I didnt like the fact i had to push the analog stick and use the dir key with my other finger it hurt like hell just to change ur invo item.

kevenz
September 12th, 2008, 00:19
Well you either buy that adapter and use a psx controller to achieve almost 100% PSX Expierence, or you can buy a £15 Classic controller that misses the feeling and a few buttons.

Tbh not everyone also has a classic controller.. it'd be cheaper to buy a ps2 controller and the adapter.

I prefer wireless. There is also enough buttons.

XXXW0
September 12th, 2008, 05:35
*Cough* Leaked *cough*
The link does not work man, I wanna check this out! Can you please fix it.

vicious1988
September 12th, 2008, 15:39
Um, its not "leaked". You can go to their google code page and download the source.

kevenz
September 22nd, 2008, 16:08
I tried Castlevania SOTN and I'm stuck at the start screen.

I tried every button on the gc controller but nothing work.... weird.

souLLy
September 22nd, 2008, 17:15
Lets wait til it's released officially shall we chaps, patience is a virtue

XXXW0
September 23rd, 2008, 00:02
i second that.

kevenz
September 23rd, 2008, 02:31
I wasn't complaining in case you don't know :P

Just giving my experience with this emulator...

I know, it's not ready yet.

KristenBaldousor
October 17th, 2008, 16:50
With wath program do you create the isos's?????

I tried with nero, but it didn't work

lorddeathmark
November 22nd, 2008, 10:43
i only managed to get my hands (somehow, i'm not even sure now) on rev46 and i've been testing thigns on it left and right, the two major ones are suikoden 2 which never recognized the start button, just repeated the title screen; and megaman legends, which displayed the capcom logo and died.

i'm loving where this is going.

oddly enough i miss playing battle hunter, i can't find a rip of it and my copy is long dead.