PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Everyone Bad Mouth the REV

Raveneye
December 4th, 2005, 20:35
I think to many people bad mouth the Revelution for it's new innovative designs and plans, and I don't know why. Of course you have your oppinion and if you don't like something i can't make you like it.

Whats so bad with the Revolution that all over forums and the web there is only people talking about how much they hate it. And most people post flame on the Rev without even doing the research first; so I'll tell you what I like and hate of the REV, and Iv'e done the reasearch too so I know what I'm talking about.

Controller
The Rev controller I think is one of the best ideas in video game history, they're not just remaking the Gamecube with better hardware and releasing games that we'll just get sick of in a few weeks. They're adding a whole new type of gameplay to the scene; and this isn't something that we'll get sick of in just a few months. This is something so new that we might never get tired of it. Oh and one important piont. They are releasing a shell for the controller that looks just like the gamecube controller. So your not just getting this whole new gameplay but we also keep the old way too. This is what most don't know.

Graphics
Nintendo has annonced that the graphics will be the same or better then all other consoles so don't worry about this. The HDTV thing won't happen till 2008 and I seriously doubt everybody gets a new TV every year so don't worry about this either. And I really won't mind much to buy an adapter for it. and HD support might still be implimented.

Kiddy Image
All should know that Nintendo is going to lose their Kiddy image ex: the more adult games they're making and the new Rev design are big examples. and they say that they're are going to make more games directed to older gamers. So more games like Resi 4 and the like, the new Zelda game and the new parental code lockouts for adult games are big evidence of this. So be at rest, they said they wan't to target all age groups.

Other Notes
You all should like to know that Nintendo is actually making a very smart desision. Without the hype of the new innovative designs and gamplay the next Nintendo console would just be another graphics pushing machine that offers gamers nothing that they can't get in an xbox 360; and they would slowly fade off into the history books like sega and atari before them. They're making their last move, and they're gonna make it a big one, one that could win the markett or lose it. Because they're defiantly goning to lose it if they do nothing. They have the money to do it and the backup money, so if they do end up losing it at least they will still be in business. They really have nothing to lose. Oh and by the way they are not losing their developers, believe it or not they are actually gaining developers because of their new controller.
I think the Rev is going to succede and is one of the greatest ideas Nintendo has ever made. All their mistakes in the past they're now fixing up with the Rev. I used to not really like Nintendo alot, of course I loved their older consoles but I wasn't a fan. That changed when I read about the Rev, and have now gained a whole new faith in them and I guess I'm a fanboy now. All the PS3 and 360 are doing is making them more powerful and giving them more features. They're getting away from their roots as a gaming console, infact I think it's safe to say that they're entertainment computers now. Not Nintendo all they're focused on are games, and making games better and funner for everyone. The PS3 and 360 are focusing on everything, like music and movies, and I think it's going to show in their games. Everything Nintendo has done bad in the past they're now fixing with the Rev.

If you have questions ask them, because I can probably answer them.

gotmilk0112
December 19th, 2005, 00:24
i will LOVE the revolution because of the Tv-remote thing and i saw the videos and it showed people playing "games" with the controller like: Baseball and a sword-type game and even Mario!!! and it will win because of it's low low price at only 150$ whilst PS3 and X360 are WAY up at 300$-400$ so families that aren't rich enough to get a PS3 / X360 can turn to the revolution to get for thier kid(s) for birthday / christmas.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

kakashi08
December 31st, 2005, 03:50
i think that the things nintendo comes up with are great, like when the zelda for gamecube came out (the windwaker) everyone saw the graphics and thought that it was for kids and would suck, but it was really great. so everyone looking at the new controller might think that its not good and its kind of kiddish, but i think that it will be fun to play with it. i think that the people who think that nintendo is not good because they cant think in the future, i think that nintendo is the really next-gen gameing company. i think that they go ahead, and not like xbox360. i love xbox but the 360 it was almost the same and nothing diffrent. not any good things in it so i hope the ps3 is diffrent from the ps2 and has something that we have never seen before. SO NINTENDO LOOKS IN THE FUTURE other games? they cant take the step.