PDA

View Full Version : new at this..little help please

tec
December 5th, 2005, 14:56
okayy so yea..i bought a psp in the summer, n updated it the day i got home thinking the newer the firmware the better, i upgraded from 1.5 to 2.0, so i never got the chance to learn about homebrew, etc.. n recently i found this site that told me about being able to downgrade n i did it, well im in the process, im at the point where my psp thinks it's 1.0.. but i cant run the 1.5 update just yet because it says i need more battery..my questions are..

-this means i still cant run homebrew on my psp right? it's not actually running as 1.0? correct?

-when im done updating my psp tp 1.50, can i delete the things i put on it to downgrade it? (h bin, index.dat, update to 1.5 files)??

one more.. whenever i dl an emulator for psp.. theres always 2 folders, lets say one says "snes" n the other goes "snes%" n they both have EBOOT.PBP files n their different sizes.. which one do i put in the psp/game/snes folder??

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Cooe
December 5th, 2005, 22:32
1. correct it's only tricked to think it's 1.0 to allow you to upgrade to 1.5
2. yes you can
3. you would do it like this: psp/game/snes ,AND psp/game/snes% they both have to go in the psp/game folder for the emu to work on a 1.5
hope this helps :)

tec
December 6th, 2005, 05:36
okay thankss, yeah i downgraded successfully..but at the end of the "update" it said some error n for me to contact sony but i tried the snes emulator n it seemed fine n nothing seems to be wrong..what should i do?

one more thing when i go to my memory stick folder on the psp n i see the icons for the emulator(s) am i supposed to see one "corrupted data" for each emutlator?

Dj SaTuRn
December 6th, 2005, 07:27
yeah the corrupt data is fine, The prog SeiPSPTool has the feature to hide those corrupt icons, as well as many other great features.

tec
December 6th, 2005, 09:26
oh okay thanks!