PDA

View Full Version : PSP Webbrowser for Firmware 1.50

king_dave
December 5th, 2005, 18:12
Don't know if that is big news for your but so far I didn't find anything in the web.
I bought my PSP 1.50 in HongKong in September. Also got a bunch of software on DVD with it.
Among other things I found this web browser.

What it can do:
- Starts with a nice start page to enter a web address easily. (With triangle you always can go back to this page.) The page can be customized – personal links added.
- Can display almost ever page.
- Can display pics
- Activate links
- Fill text boxes (using the PSP common text editor – use select to change Japanese character into ABC).

Problems:
- Some text boxes cannot be filled correctly (specially password). Always failed to view my e-mails on the PSP
- Only allows to open one window at once.
- No back button
- No curser – but the navigation with the arrow buttons is easy. Links are automatically highlighted.

There are some small hints how to use the browser easily. Menu is in Japanese but can be handled after some trails – There are not many options. No need to change and DNS, Gateway,…

So if someone can find a webmail service where I can reach my POP3 server and which allows me to log in using the PSP text editor this thing could do everything I need so far.

Cap'n 1time
December 5th, 2005, 19:33
Don't know if that is big news for your but so far I didn't find anything in the web.
I bought my PSP 1.50 in HongKong in September. Also got a bunch of software on DVD with it.
Among other things I found this web browser.

What it can do:
- Starts with a nice start page to enter a web address easily. (With triangle you always can go back to this page.) The page can be customized – personal links added.
- Can display almost ever page.
- Can display pics
- Activate links
- Fill text boxes (using the PSP common text editor – use select to change Japanese character into ABC).

Problems:
- Some text boxes cannot be filled correctly (specially password). Always failed to view my e-mails on the PSP
- Only allows to open one window at once.
- No back button
- No curser – but the navigation with the arrow buttons is easy. Links are automatically highlighted.

There are some small hints how to use the browser easily. Menu is in Japanese but can be handled after some trails – There are not many options. No need to change and DNS, Gateway,…

So if someone can find a webmail service where I can reach my POP3 server and which allows me to log in using the PSP text editor this thing could do everything I need so far.

sounds like the tenchi no mon browser which is illegal... it has been known about for a while, but we dont support it on this site. Please check out the Rules thread at the top.

topic locked.