PDA

View Full Version : WARDERS ORDERED: PLAY ON Wii WITH HUNTLEY

wraggster
September 9th, 2008, 18:38
This could only happen in the UK, personally i would love to beat Huntley to death with my bare hands and believe me if i was ever to meet him i would, heres the full article from the People online;

Prison guards have been told to play Wii computer games with Soham monster Ian Huntley in a bid to stop him killing himself.

They have also been instructed to call the murderer by his first name - and treat him like family.

Bosses issued the order because Huntley has tried suicide three times since getting life in 2003 for killing ten-year-old schoolpals Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman.

And they fear he will try again unless they keep him sweet.

So taxpayers have picked up the bill to put a £179 Nintendo Wii console in Huntley's cell at Frankland Prison in Co Durham.

And warders will join him in games which require players to replicate real-life actions in sports like tennis, golf and fishing.

A jail source said: "Huntley has been asking for a Wii for months.

"When he moved to Frankland in February he was given a Nintendo Game Cube - but after only a few weeks he began complaing it was out of date.

"Management are desperate to stop him going though with threats he's made to kill himself and by giving him a Wii they believe they can take his mind away from harming himself in any way."

Earlier this year, an internal jail memo instructed staff to "develop a positive dialogue" with the 34-year-old fiend.

Officers were also told to treat him as "an extension of their family" and call him Ian or Mr Huntley.

But the source said: "Many of them don't want to get involved with him because of his crimes.

"But they know it's more than their jobs are worth if they don't comply."

Huntley - Prisoner JG5778 - enjoys his cushy life in a private room within the health-care wing of the maximum-security jail.

He can wear his own choice of designer clothes and has three meals a day brought to his cell.

As well as the Wii, the room is fitted with a telly and CD player.

And the walls are decorated with pictures of his ex-lover Maxine Carr.

The source said: "He has almost everything done for him and is waited on hand and foot by the officers assigned to his care.

"He lives in luxury - yet the parents of Holly and Jessica are living a nightmare."

http://www.people.co.uk/news/news/tm_headline=warders-ordered-play-on-wii-with-huntley&method=full&objectid=20727528&siteid=93463-name_page.html

vicious1988
September 9th, 2008, 18:54
Wow, he's the only one over there with that shit? You guys are lucky. Prisons over here are like that for all inmates. TVs, satellite/cable, video games. Everything. The prison my dad works at doesn't even use jumpsuits, they get nice khakis and jeans. Hell, they're even getting an American Legion post (its a bar/club for veterans and sons of veterans).

wraggster
September 9th, 2008, 19:07
personally if they took a life they should lose theirs, too soft by far

masterchief929
September 9th, 2008, 20:54
Capital punishment would cut the amount of murders in half. I completely agree with wraggster. If they take a life, they lose theirs.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 9th, 2008, 22:27
Ian ****ley needs fkin putting to sleep for good..welcome to comedey central AKA the UK laughing stock of the world..yeah i do live in the uk lol...

jonezybaby
September 9th, 2008, 22:47

totally agree,

at the moment 4 guys are being charged with the murder of my best friends brother, if i had my way there would be no trial!!

hang the mother****ers!!

Xiofire
September 10th, 2008, 04:59

This is what I dont get. Everyone I know wants hanging and the death penalty back. So why isnt it? Seriously? Some numpty in the government must think the same?

This world is too PC for its own good.

Few centuries ago you'd be hanged for stealing a horse. Now, you kill two people and you get VIP status, new consoles and meals served to you in a fancy accomodation.

Psssh, what is this world coming to?

-Xiofire