PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 Launch delayed until 2007?

wraggster
December 5th, 2005, 23:43
The guys over at GameShout are reporting that the PlayStation 3 will be delayed until Spring 2007. The evidence in their article, to me, doesn’t seem all that convincing, but to quote,

“At first, we here at GameSHOUT thought that this was pure speculation, or rumours. But, about 2 weeks ago, the BBC news was covering the Digital Life Expo at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. They stated that the PlayStation 3 launch date is 2007.

The actual quote is, ‘By launching its new Xbox 360 22 months ahead of the PlayStation 3, it's hoping it'll be able to win over the minds and money of gamers’, said BBC.”

Jdemon
December 6th, 2005, 03:52
All the spectulation just sounds a bit like it did 7 years ago when everyone was waiting and waiting and waiting for their PS2's. Well thoes of us who were smart enough were already enjoying our next generation gaming experiences on our beloved Dreamcasts (online out of the box I might add). This time around I think Sony better get on the stick and produce big time or I have a feeling that Xbox 360 is going to blow them out of the water before they even get their feet wet.

geise69
December 8th, 2005, 13:10
Yeah I know what you mean. I loved my psx and bought it at launch. However I wasn't thrilled about the ps2. The reason was I was already playing my DC. I bought it in 1998 right before xmas. An import store near my house gave me a sweet deal. I got the jap DC with 2 games of my choice for 350 bucks. Best deal I ever got. Still to this day! I still rock out my dreamcast now that I got VGA adaptor (finally). I did eventually get a ps2 but about 3 years later. Same will probably go for PS3. I might end up getting a 360 way before a ps3. Sony is just being stupid keeping everything in the dark. I still feel the reason being is there is still nothing to show! I guess time will tell. I do feel that xbox360 won't go the way of the DC. Mainly because DC sold very very well at launch, but all the brainwashed people waiting for ps2 really halted sales of DC not that far after it's release. Microsoft has a stronger following, plus it's Microsoft. Sony must be trying to do the same thing with Microsoft as they did with DC. Kill it with the hype.

benny blanco
December 9th, 2005, 15:01
The real reason for the delay of the ps3 is not because sony wants to win the spirits of the customers... Sony sent out develper ps3's to game makers, within a moderate period of playing time all the systems fried themselves... As soon as sony heard the news the ceo of sony canned everyone on the developement teams for the ps3 ...