PDA

View Full Version : Popstrip-0.3 - extract PSX Images from PBPs

wraggster
September 9th, 2008, 20:43
News/release from flatwhatson (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=89101)

Here it is folks, popstrip-0.3.

This version of popstrip supports all PBPs generated by popstation, including compressed PBPs from the latest version of popstation, as well as uncompressed PBPs from the latest version and the previous version of popstation.

USAGE: popstrip.exe [-o output.iso] EBOOT.PBP

If you don't specify a name for the extracted ISO, popstrip defaults to the-name-of-the-PBP.iso. So "popstrip.exe EBOOT.PBP" will create EBOOT.iso, and "popstrip.exe BASE.PBP" will create BASE.iso.

The extracted ISO should be IDENTICAL to the original used, including being the correct filesize.

Binaries for win32, linux, macosx, and a win32 GUI are below, along with the original source for those who want it.

*** NOTE FOR WINDOWS USERS ***
It seems that this version of popstrip will only work correctly if the PBP is in the same folder as popstrip.exe. So if you have any issues, be sure that you try this before posting a bug report here. I'll see if I can't fix this in the next release...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

BelmontSlayer
September 10th, 2008, 02:35
Awesome, I've been waiting for this to get updated!

:thumbup:

flatwhatson
September 10th, 2008, 10:09
Guys, it's great that you finally announced this, but it is pretty old... I released it back on the 1st of January 2007!

This is the latest version; it hasn't been updated since then. The functionality from this code was integrated into various popstation front-ends, including AutoPopstation, IceTea and PSX2PSP - most people will find these far easier to use than popstrip itself.

Thanks for reminding me of the good times I had hacking this up!