PDA

View Full Version : Sony Totally Happy With PSP

wraggster
September 9th, 2008, 23:32
Let's face it, the Nintendo DS is the most successful handheld. Like ever. It's hard for Sony to go against such a juggernaut. The PSP is making big gains in Japan. People forget that! Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe exec David Reeves tells game site MCVUK:

We’re very, very happy and comfortable with our PSP business... And I don’t think we’re necessarily in the shadow of DS – they have different types of games and we have a different positioning for PSP which is not just about gaming, but Go Explore and everything else that comes with it... So we’re very very happy with its progress and the more and more we go to publishers with it the more they are coming on board.

Keyword: Happy. Just look at David Reeves. That man is THRILLED.

http://kotaku.com/5047112/sony-totally-happy-with-psp

jamotto
September 9th, 2008, 23:48
They should be, considering who they are competing against they are doing very well.

Buddy4point0
September 10th, 2008, 00:59
The PSP is way better than the DS.

DeathAbyss
September 10th, 2008, 01:49
Well.. technically speaking, they target different age groups. Nintendo tends to target a consumer demographic of under 16 years of age, while Sony tends to target 14+. In that respect, the PSP is actually doing pretty well.

inlovewithi
September 10th, 2008, 05:24
Nintendo is targeting all ages, not people under 16. Plus I find people under 16 to be more into the PSP. The DS has the same games that have been around forever, plus some new games for older people, like brain age, which doesn't appeal to younger people. So in other words, Nintendo is targeting everyone, not jobless kids. It's funny how things turned out, considering that the PSP was supposed to murder Nintendo's handheld dominance. I remember how Sony said it wasn't going to be fair for Nintendo having to compete with them.

acn010
September 10th, 2008, 06:18
^LMAO
awesome, but yeah its going ok

discombobulated
September 10th, 2008, 08:12
What Sony needs is a tri-fold PSP. One lid is the screen, middle is a keyboard, third is the stylus. That and dual analog sticks would absolutely kill the DS. Oh yeah, and a killer game lineup to go along with it. Then add on a mic for game/phone ability with same add-on for tv, gps, etc and camera built in. If that could happen and be a quality product, DS wouldn't have a chance. I give Nintendo credit for innovation though.

Art
September 10th, 2008, 10:43
I like the first comment in the original article:

I like the Read More: section under the post where we can see his other varying degrees of happy.

vahnglenn
September 10th, 2008, 18:55
Let's face it, psp is way better than DS. DS is for kids, PSP is for ALL. and psp has this CHARISMA that people crave for it or give a lot of issue with it because it's SO POPULAR. and by the way, it's SONY. nintendo is just for kids... and oldies that want's to feel like a kid.. while sony is for harcore/techy gamers..

Veskgar
September 11th, 2008, 05:09
So am I! I love the PSP. Definitely too much machine for its own good but devs are finally taking the needed time to release some killer apps for it.

I know 2009 has a lot of stuff in store for the PSP. This holiday season should see quite a few decent titles as well.