PDA

View Full Version : Adapter

Tithansi
November 17th, 2004, 02:47
Ok i know this has been discussed before and for that im sorry but i really need some solid clarifaction on this becuase im very worried. Im importing this US DS and i have a UK SP adapter, will the two definatly be compatible? I mean i can understand a US SP adapter working with a US DS but not sure about the UK and US.

Again im sorry for digging up the corpse of an old topic but i just have terrible visions of a fried DS on xmas morning.

josephiles
November 17th, 2004, 04:06
Mmmmm, well just buy the UK adapter from the web site as well?

Tithansi
November 17th, 2004, 04:20
Uk adapters are not available yet (to the best of my knowledge).

josephiles
November 17th, 2004, 04:35
They should sell them on a web site, Should be easy if your pre ordering 8)

Uzeless
November 17th, 2004, 15:09
Everywhere I have read states that the SP adaptor and the DS adaptor are one and the same (except for the label). i.e. The SP adaptor will charge the DS without any problems.

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 16:51
My UK sp adapter charges my USA SP, so it should also charge your US DS. if what ive read is true.

DOS
November 20th, 2004, 09:46
I downloaded the pdf of the DS's instruction manual from nintendo.com, and it says the SP's charger will work with the DS.

DOS

forgetmenot
December 15th, 2004, 10:17
wraggster is right

Zaneblade
December 15th, 2004, 10:46
SP CHARGER WORKS WITH DS!!!

forgetmenot
December 16th, 2004, 10:03
and vice versa

mariokartds-woo
January 7th, 2005, 07:17
sorry to dig this up again, but surely if you use a UK SP adapter on a US/JAP DS, something bad will happen??? the UK adapter will be feeding the JAP/US DS with 220V when it only wants 110V... ?

MetaFox
January 7th, 2005, 07:38
sorry to dig this up again, but surely if you use a UK SP adapter on a US/JAP DS, something bad will happen??? the UK adapter will be feeding the JAP/US DS with 220V when it only wants 110V... ?I thought this too at first, but the voltage regulator on the GBA SP/DS is external (ie: the big black bulge on the plug).

It takes the 220V and converts it to the GBA SP/DS's required voltage (9V IIRC).

Darksaviour69
January 7th, 2005, 07:47
thats what i thought, never seen a sp plug, but i think that the mega drive or/and snes was the same, a big black plug (that would not fit on some plug adapters, very annoying), for a big black box half way up the lead