PDA

View Full Version : All Wii games £12.50 (UK only)!

Baboon
September 10th, 2008, 13:31
http://www.urbanjunkie.co.uk/shopimages/products/extras/pb03s%20piggy%20bank%20silver%20300.jp
Just thought I'd let you guys know I've found some killer discounts for wii games.

The UK supermarket 'Morrision's are currently offering all Wii chart games for just £15.

...that in its own is a bargain but if you go to PCWorld they'll price match it plus give 10% off (or something like that) making games just £12.50!

The other cool thing is PCWorld didn't check what games I bought were from the morrisons chart so I was able to purchase any wii game I wanted in-store for the bargain price of £12.50!

I picked up Lego Indiana Jones, House of the Dead 2&3, Metroid Prime and Capcom's Super Swing Golf for 12.50 each! ...I guess you could probably take these to Gamestation and get a trade-in price for more than £12.50 for some of these games! lol

Thought I'd share the info with ya! ...ohh and apparently at Morrisons PS3 games are £25...not sure about PC or 360 though (I was on a lunch break in work and didnt get time to look).

These discounts are not available online so you have to go to Morrisons supermarket or get your asses down to PC World!

Ta :)

Darksaviour69
September 10th, 2008, 14:08
Nice find

Baboon
September 10th, 2008, 14:23
Nice find

Cheers.

I haven't bought any wii games for quite some time now, but with these offers I couldn't resist.

I'm sure they had Brawl at PCWorld which retails normally at £39.99 so to get that for £12.50 would be fantastic! :thumbup: ...I already own the US version but Quids in and all that. lol :)

mcdougall57
September 10th, 2008, 17:29
does this mean they lose money on their games then? haha

Baboon
September 10th, 2008, 17:34
Thought I'd add I just sold lego indy on ebay as a buy-it-now and its already gone for £25 plus postage! hehe ;)

Also just confirmed that PS3 and 360 games are going for £25 at morrisons... so if ya go pcworld it wil be even cheaper (and thats for every game in the store!).

The offer apparently ends this saturday! ...which is a shame cause i wanted the 360 version of SW force unleashed out next week! lol

wideawakewesley
September 10th, 2008, 21:10
The PC World price match gives you 10% off, so the Wii game prices in PC World are actually £13.50. I just bought Tiger Woods 09 in PC World today for that price after getting SSBB from Morrisons earlier in the week for £15. If you're lucky you can also get Mario Kart and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics for those prices too.

Wes

MikeDX
September 10th, 2008, 23:52
Think I'll be going to pc world tomorrow then :)

How do you prove they are on sale at morissons for that price to get the discount? Take pics?

Darksaviour69
September 11th, 2008, 00:19
Hi MikeDX long time, no see

MikeDX
September 11th, 2008, 00:57
Hi MikeDX long time, no see

Hi Dude hows it going.

I'm a lurker nowadays, still read the news, dont make it! :)

Baboon
September 11th, 2008, 08:57
The PC World price match gives you 10% off, so the Wii game prices in PC World are actually £13.50. I just bought Tiger Woods 09 in PC World today for that price after getting SSBB from Morrisons earlier in the week for £15. If you're lucky you can also get Mario Kart and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics for those prices too.

Wes

Thats strange cause I got charged £12.50 each for all of my purchases? :D

How do you prove they are on sale at morissons for that price to get the discount? Take pics?

Nah I just went down and said about the Morrisons offer, I also told them I had a couple friends who did a similar thing up North with no problem in PCWorld... after speaking to a few sales assistants they confirmed it with their manager and said the offer was valid. :thumbup:

enchanted
September 12th, 2008, 09:03
WOW I knew about Morrissons... but imagine PC World doing that, just as Morrissons was about to do something good!! :-( Still... good news for us!!!

heathen_gray
September 12th, 2008, 13:01
It maybe because I'm not the best at bargaining, but the (sub/half/troll)Manager at the PC World I went to wouldn't give me the same deal.

After some discussion, which included the gem "We won't honour the price promise, because they're no matching our price", (To which I went "How else are you gonna honour it?!") but eventually he found his vocabulary and said it was because it's a Manager's Special.

I'll check their Price Promise small print, and write HQ a letter of complaint if it does allow for that kind of offer.

I asked him if he's really willing to turn down £75-100 in sales (I was gonna go ballistic for Xmas shopping), and he was comfortable with that.

In a time when everyone is closing their wallets, I had to get the Manager who didn't want to beat sales targets. Good for him, I wish the scraggly-bearded fool much luck as when he decides to become an entrepreneur. With a keep business sense like that, he should be on The Apprentice!

I never shop at PC world, anyway, but I gave it a try.

Beware of Tight-Fisted Somerset Folk!

heathen_gray
September 12th, 2008, 13:09
Oh, and whilst waiting for the manager, I kicked the shit with a sales rep about the EEE PCs (Save -£60 if you buy from PC World, for an unlimited time!).

Typical Salesman Bollocks:

"Yeah, Linux is cool, but windows is easier to use, you know, when you want to install Norton or something, for all the viruses flying around".

Then he said something about how it's the Linux programmers who make all the viruses for windows.

Gods, I think I lost a permanent -1 to IQ whilst I was there!

VampDude
September 12th, 2008, 23:50
I've not been to a supermarket in ages, I need to goto Morrisons in the morning.

Hopefully there are decent games, worth checking anyway. :)