PDA

View Full Version : DS calibration program

Joe_263
September 10th, 2008, 23:45
Hello

I have recently been having a lot of problem with my ds recently: it's not accurate at all in the middle of the screen and I can't calibrate it, the calibration process just never ends, it goes into an infinite loop.

I saw that there was a homebrew program called DScalibrate but it's not really helpful because the changes are not even saved and also, you can't calibrate in the middle.

So my question is: could there theorically be a homebrew program that let people with screen calibration problems calibrate their screen normally (I'm not the only one btw)?

I know I could send my ds to repair but it's not under warranty anymore and it would cost 75 bucks to repair : /.<

(Sorry for my grammar, english isn't my first language)

Thanks for replying.

danman_2010
September 18th, 2008, 23:56
Hey the built in ds calibration can calibrate in the middle you just need to know how it works: first when you start it you see the first screen click where ever it needs calibrated not where the dot is click about 20 times then once you did that click where the first dot is, then the second, then the third, then when it goes to the the next screen with the four dots that is not the calibration screen that is the test calibration screen it will never automatically go to another screen once your at this screen click finish/done. That is it hope i helped.

Joe_263
September 27th, 2008, 06:07
I don't really understand what you're trying to say...

I tried clicking 20 times in the middle in the calibration screen, then on the three dots, but the calibration never ends. It didn't help at all.

Could you use more punctuation in you next reply plz?

Thanks

bah
September 27th, 2008, 10:50
By 'Never ends', you mean the background text never changes from:

'press b to cancel'
to
'calibration complete, touch the + marks to test the calibration'?

It should ask you to touch the:
Top left
bottom right
centre.

If it can pick up that you have touched the points then it will end. If it thinks you did not touch a point then it will keep cycling through those 3 points to touch.
If I intentionally miss the middle point in the calibration, it cycles back to the top left (makes be start again).

If your DS cannot register that you have touched one of the points in the calibration, and you don't have a screen protector on that you can remove, then it seems it will need to be repaired.

Joe_263
September 28th, 2008, 16:47
So it won't accept my calibration because it thinks that I'm wrong. Great...

Who designed that poor excuse for a calibration program???

nyrol
October 14th, 2008, 16:04
Calibration programs are supposed to take raw input points and relate them to where they are supposed to be on the screen. They aren't supposed to assume you haven't hit the point correctly or else this exact issue will happen.